Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian work experience

Australian work experience

Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:14 am
Banned

Dirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to all
Default Australian work experience

Time and again you see people getting knocked back for work cos they have no ozzy work experience.

Can somebody please tell me what exactly happens when you get the mythical ozzy work experience?

Do you suddenly become better at your job?
Or does it help you learn the lingo (arvo, sickie, matematemate...)

Please enlighten me...

Thanks
Old Jan 30th 2007, 10:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian work experience

Originally Posted by Dirk1971
Time and again you see people getting knocked back for work cos they have no ozzy work experience.

Can somebody please tell me what exactly happens when you get the mythical ozzy work experience?

Please enlighten me...

Thanks

My hubby was really worried about that before we came. He expected to be off work for at least 6 months after he got his licence because he didn't have the 'Aussie experience'

Luckily for us it wasn't an issue and he got a job within 24 hours of getting his licence. The Manager of the firm where he works said he actually likes employing the English because they work harder than the Aussies
Old Jan 30th 2007, 10:58 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

As someone esle said on another of Dirk's posts:

Don't feed the troll!

Gina
Old Jan 30th 2007, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

blowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of lightblowfly is a glorious beacon of light

Please enlighten me...

Thanks
My sons have done all of their training in the UK English accents and no problems whatsoever. They seem to like the way their training was done. It could be of course they are jusr desperate for their trades.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 11:06 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
As someone esle said on another of Dirk's posts:

Don't feed the troll!

Gina
Good advice... (and it was me...)
Old Jan 30th 2007, 11:32 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Please enlighten me...

Thanks
Same problem world over it happened to us getting "UK Experience"
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 12:40 am
Banned

Dirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rodders39
Good advice... (and it was me...)
So why are you responding then nitwit?

Anyhow, it's an honest comment. If on the other hand I came out with something like "Australia is brilliant - please discuss?" Im sure you wouldn't accuse me of being a troll. A troll to you is someone with something negative to say... so be it.

And it IS a problem. Have a look at some of the posts on the update boards. 6 months in etc.

I've been through it myself. So please don't pretend it doesn't happen.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 12:47 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Anyhow, it's an honest comment. If on the other hand I came out with something like "Australia is brilliant - please discuss?" Im sure you wouldn't accuse me of being a troll. A troll to you is someone with something negative to say... so be it.

And it IS a problem. Have a look at some of the posts on the update boards. 6 months in etc.

"In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, incorrect, inaccurate, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others."

Seems pretty accurate considering the soporific drivel you've come up with recently...
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 2:58 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Australian work experience

It happens to Australians who don't have "UK work experience" as well. I'm one of them.

So what's your point?
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
It happens to Australians who don't have "UK work experience" as well. I'm one of them.

So what's your point?
Maybe he's trying to say that transfering (I can't spell today ) your work experience between countries is really difficult. Although I suspect not
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 7:23 am
Banned

Originally Posted by rodders39
"In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, incorrect, inaccurate, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others."

Seems pretty accurate considering the soporific drivel you've come up with recently...

well what exactly should i post on here? Of COURSE I post stuff to provoke reaction....duh! Drivel? Well you are entitled to your soporiphic cliches...

To be honest this forum is totally cack! It is a forum for brainwashed idiots and ANY dissent is quickly dealt with by the admin dorks when the views presented don't fit in with their own views.

Im sure THIS will be removed as well. No problemo. I know where I stand. The Gestapo has spoken....
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 7:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

well what exactly should i post on here? Of COURSE I post stuff to provoke reaction....duh! Drivel? Well you are entitled to your soporiphic cliches...

To be honest this forum is totally cack! It is a forum for brainwashed idiots and ANY dissent is quickly dealt with by the admin dorks when the views presented don't fit in with their own views.

Im sure THIS will be removed as well. No problemo. I know where I stand. The Gestapo has spoken....

That's made me laugh, thanks for that I needed it after the news I've just had. I'll tell you what, if that's all you have to worry about then bully for you
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 7:33 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Wendy

That's made me laugh, thanks for that I needed it after the news I've just had. I'll tell you what, if that's all you have to worry about then bully for you

I have very little to worry about...
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 7:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thread closed due to inflammatory and argumentative posts