Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian version of Top Gear

Australian version of Top Gear

Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold
Default Australian version of Top Gear

As I had suspected is lame.

Australians are not as funny as Brits, even my OH admits this and he is Aussie.

Anyone else watched it tonight?
Old Sep 29th 2008, 11:09 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian version of Top Gear

Refused to, on principal! How can they possibly be as funny as the Clarkson mob huh?
Old Sep 29th 2008, 11:29 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Good god i dread think what its like.

Ive only been back here a couple of days and i am sick of Aus TV already.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by islandergirl
As I had suspected is lame.

Australians are not as funny as Brits, even my OH admits this and he is Aussie.

Anyone else watched it tonight?
SAD VERY SAD
Old Sep 29th 2008, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Good god i dread think what its like.

Ive only been back here a couple of days and i am sick of Aus TV already.
I did not know you where back in OZ again...did it not work out for you at home?
Old Sep 29th 2008, 12:41 pm
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Saw the very end, but next week they have Ford versus Holden, snigger... smirk...
Old Sep 29th 2008, 12:44 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
I did not know you where back in OZ again...did it not work out for you at home?
Hi Guiness

If you read the thread started in my name by PP it should explain things for you
Old Sep 29th 2008, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meljor
Saw the very end, but next week they have Ford versus Holden, snigger... smirk...

No Aston Martins Jags B.M.W. then
Old Sep 29th 2008, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

What's on the week after? - Holden v's Ford?!?!?!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Which is better Holden or Ford?

Who cares....I can't barely tell a Commodore and a Falcon apart.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, boycotting it on principle.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:24 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Boycotting it too - for the same reason I didn't go to see the remakes of Get Carter and The Italian Job.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Location: Back in Scotland after two dreadful years in Brisbane.
maka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of lightmaka paka is a glorious beacon of light

I gave it a go but can honestly say in typical Aussie fashion it was a serious letdown.

The presenters...whoever they were were lumps of wood,trying to be like the three UK guys,the articles were trying too hard to match the UK also.

I'm not surprised that it was crap,but wait we've got a Holden(?) V a Ford next week,I'll have seven sleepless nights in anticipation for that little ripper!!??!!.
For crying out loud this is such a boring place...Roll on the 13 of Nov and were out of this desolate hole.