Australian test for Brits

Wikiposts

Australian test for Brits

Old Feb 8th 2005, 1:38 am
Whinging pom.

costabeera is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australian test for Brits

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Didn't the Welsh used to chant something similar (back in the Max Boyce days)?

Anya.
Max: "Oggy, oggy, oggy"
Audience: "Oi, oi, oi"
Max: "Oggy"
Audience: "Oi"

Went down a storm even with the English, especially at Rugby matches
Old Feb 8th 2005, 7:33 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by costabeera

Looks like we have found ourselves back to the original question, boy I am knackered trying to keep up with the banter.

M

Old Feb 8th 2005, 8:39 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Scossie]He's not deed!
He just spends half of his life making shitloads of money as a fisherman, and the rest drinking himself into a coma!

It's the coastal Highland way...

If you've ever been in a pub in Broadford, Isle Of Skye, you'll know what I mean!QUOTE]
Hod oan hod oan, so Davie had another brother? Hope your not talking about wee Boaby. They weren’t brothers. They found wee Boaby in the water when he was a child; he had an agonising look on his face when they found him. They thought he was drowning. He claimed he just went into the water for a wee jobby. That how he got the name Boaby the Joabby. In they days there wasn’t any local loos in Skye.
So I think u better check that he’s deed, he might have just went for another number 2, you know how long it take in cold water at this time of year
Old Feb 8th 2005, 8:50 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by costabeera

Always knew the Welsh were a cultured nation.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gogdownunder
Fraid not, gotta do it like the rest of us if you want the respect, Johno, sori

Games involving Sydney Opera House , Brisi Koala Bears & Melbourne Storm-in-a-teacup dont count, they are a marketing exercise.

Qld & NSW went their own way a long time ago & best of luck to them. I watch both the rugby codes & think they are a credit to the nation, producing world class teams.

The guys with the round ball will never produce anything world class cos they hardly ever play together, but as individuals they excel.

sweet, matey, nfw

To be fair if Brisbane were down the bottom of the league propping everyone up year after year I would agree it was a marketing exercise(bad one at that) but the fact they are being consistently good means they deserve credit for taking it too the victorian sides - nothing wrong with expansion as long as the sides can compete strongly - I'll keep a special lookout for the Lions v Bombers matches this year
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:01 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco
- I'll keep a special lookout for the Lions v Bombers matches this year
I think it was one all last season I'm not expecting a massivly great season for Essendon as we've had a few good expierienced men retire. I think Hird may have gone too, but as captain he feels obligated to bring up the youngsters this year, benefit from his expeirience and all that. Only 2 weeks to go!!!
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Merlot
Looks like we have found ourselves back to the original question, boy I am knackered trying to keep up with the banter.

M
No it's not gone back to the original question - it's gone back to the original hijack! I was hoping for a funny thread about how we could prove we were Australian enough for Australia. Instead we've had football and Scottish independence
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:07 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jugsy
No it's not gone back to the original question - it's gone back to the original hijack! I was hoping for a funny thread about how we could prove we were Australian enough for Australia. Instead we've had football and Scottish independence
oooops, thousand appologies

I'll get me coat, again
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hevs
I think it was one all last season I'm not expecting a massivly great season for Essendon as we've had a few good expierienced men retire. I think Hird may have gone too, but as captain he feels obligated to bring up the youngsters this year, benefit from his expeirience and all that. Only 2 weeks to go!!!
Think I'm one of the few Poms who actually watched the AFL back in the UK and understood it - I remember(I'm only 25) when it was the VFL and it was the Brisbane Bears and the Fitzroy Lions!!!! Lol could never get down to the annual game at the Oval cricket ground - Gb has a team but are crap and somehow Denmark are the european champions
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of

:=hevs]oooops, thousand appologies

I'll get me coat, again[/QUOTE]
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Think I'm one of the few Poms who actually watched the AFL back in the UK and understood it - I remember(I'm only 25) when it was the VFL and it was the Brisbane Bears and the Fitzroy Lions!!!! Lol could never get down to the annual game at the Oval cricket ground - Gb has a team but are crap and somehow Denmark are the european champions

Aaaaaaggghhh! :scared: :scared:
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Aaaaaaggghhh! :scared: :scared:
Ok Ok back to the original question - u should have to be able to sheer a sheep whilst wearing a cork hat!!!!!!
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Ok Ok back to the original question - u should have to be able to sheer a sheep whilst wearing a cork hat!!!!!!

Thank you! I have actually done that! Does that mean I've passed?
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Thank you! I have actually done that! Does that mean I've passed?
ahhh but did u do it with a beer in your hand?
Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:23 am
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Australian test for Brits

Why doesnt everybody take the "Australasian Quiz" on the other thread. Anybody who cant beat my score......well, you know where the airport is