Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aus Websites - Pricing

Aus Websites - Pricing

Old Feb 8th 2005, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about
Default Aus Websites - Pricing

Can any one advise on Australian websites that show prices of electrical goods and food, so i can start preparing. Main stream websites like Curry's or Tesco's.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 7:57 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aus Websites - Pricing

For electrical stuff, try Retravision, Dick Smith or Harvey Norman.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 8:05 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
Can any one advise on Australian websites that show prices of electrical goods and food, so i can start preparing. Main stream websites like Curry's or Tesco's.
http://www.betta.com.au/

http://www.thegoodguys.com.au/v3/index.cfm

http://www.coles.com.au/

http://www.woolworths.com.au/
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:23 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by chr1sarter
I've got a few listed at: http://www.abcdiamond.com.au/info_shopping.htm

Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:41 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

2 more things to remember when you look at prices -

1. You can haggle - if you do a good job of it you can get between 10%-20% off most electrical type stuff (food shopping is exempt from that comment LOL)
2. If you use the Good Guys, on the receipt they will give you a stamp for $x off your next purchase. $25 is the most that you can get off, but you only have to spend $50 to get the $25 off. Example - yesterday I bought a fan for $55 & used my $25 voucher - the fan cost me $30!
Old Feb 8th 2005, 10:49 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
2 more things to remember when you look at prices -

1. You can haggle - if you do a good job of it you can get between 10%-20% off most electrical type stuff (food shopping is exempt from that comment LOL)
2. If you use the Good Guys, on the receipt they will give you a stamp for $x off your next purchase. $25 is the most that you can get off, but you only have to spend $50 to get the $25 off. Example - yesterday I bought a fan for $55 & used my $25 voucher - the fan cost me $30!
Another thing with "The Good Guys", if you are a member of the RACQ QLD's motoring association, then you get a 12.5% discount. But not with the above mentioned voucher apparently

Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:08 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Another thing with "The Good Guys", if you are a member of the RACQ QLD's motoring association, then you get a 12.5% discount. But not with the above mentioned voucher apparently

ABC, I get them to take the $25 discount off after Ive done the haggling. I just present the receipt with the $x off stamp when I am at the till paying - no ones ever said no or even questioned it!
Old Feb 8th 2005, 11:38 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

www.staticice.com.au and www.razorprices.com.au are some electrical/computer price comparison sites. I put some more links in the sticky at the top.