Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Sponsored Migration

Australian Sponsored Migration

Old Apr 30th 2002, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Norm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australian Sponsored Migration

We are hoping to migrate with sponsorship from family in Perth. We applied to Adelaide in November and have sent medicals etc and are now in limbo like a few others on this site.

Does anyone know if our sponsors/assurers will be contacted to lodge the assurance money before we hear from Adelaide or will we be contacted first?

Thanks

Norm
Old May 1st 2002, 2:30 pm
Petecito

Default Re: Australian Sponsored Migration

| Does anyone know if our sponsors/assurers will be contacted to lodge the assurance
    | money before we hear from Adelaide or will we be contacted first?

I was reading this only yesterday. They contact the applicant with a letter that the
assurer should take to the Commonwealth Bank to lodge the bond. Seems a little
long-winded to me, in that they should send a copy to the assurer at the same time.

Old May 1st 2002, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Claire is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Norm

Do you mind telling me where about's in Perth your family live? We are moving to Perth in June and eventually might need to sponsor my husbands brother and family. Was it an easy process to do?

Thanks

Claire
Old May 1st 2002, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

Norm is an unknown quantity at this point

Petecito - Thanks for the info. We hoped we would hear first.

Claire

My sister her family live in the suburb of Roleystone in the hills about 20Km south east of Perth. It has a really nice community feel, lots of trees and fantastic views. We hope to get a place there when (if!) we go.

The actual process of sponsoring and assuring was not complicated but involved lots of form filling and certification of documents by the sponsors/assurers (tax returns, birth certs, citizenship docs etc). The sponsor has to be an Australian citizen so I think that will take you 2 years. The assurer doesn't have to be the same person as the sponsor but has to have minimum earnings so that they can support the migrant and their family for the first 2 years if neccessary. The full details of amounts etc can be found on the DIMA website (you might have to download the required documentation)

Norm