Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Retirement Visa

Australian Retirement Visa

Old May 26th 2003, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Tambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant future
Default Australian Retirement Visa

HELLO, i hope someone can help with this basic question

under the retirement visa it says you must have either $600000 to take to oz or $180000 and an income of $42000 per year

however my parents have $400000 and an income of $25000 per year

MY QUESTION IS - are the retirement visas assessed on an individual basis or do u HAVE to meet te above criteria.

(IF SO ARE THERE ANY WAYS TO MEET THE $600000 ??? BORROW MAYBE???)

CHEERS Tambo!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 26th 2003, 1:09 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian Retirement Visa

Hi Tambo.

- Please note that the figures you have quoted are for a retiree who has children who are usually resident in Australia.

- Any excess over the $180k can be considered to be income generating, and therefore can be counted towards the A$42k requirement.

Applicants MUST meet either the capital requirement, or the lower capital requirement plus income requirement - and the same amounts apply to a single retiree as to a couple.

There's more information here:
http://www.australia.org.uk/VTI/FORMS/410_infosht.pdf

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by Tambo
HELLO, i hope someone can help with this basic question

under the retirement visa it says you must have either $600000 to take to oz or $180000 and an income of $42000 per year

however my parents have $400000 and an income of $25000 per year

MY QUESTION IS - are the retirement visas assessed on an individual basis or do u HAVE to meet te above criteria.

(IF SO ARE THERE ANY WAYS TO MEET THE $600000 ??? BORROW MAYBE???)

CHEERS Tambo!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 26th 2003, 6:09 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Alan Collett
Hi Tambo.

- Please note that the figures you have quoted are for a retiree who has children who are usually resident in Australia.

- Any excess over the $180k can be considered to be income generating, and therefore can be counted towards the A$42k requirement.

Applicants MUST meet either the capital requirement, or the lower capital requirement plus income requirement - and the same amounts apply to a single retiree as to a couple.

There's more information here:
http://www.australia.org.uk/VTI/FORMS/410_infosht.pdf

Hope this helps.
Should be OK then, Tambo. On the difference (AUD220K), they should be able to get 6% pa, I make that AUD13200 pa, which if you are a bit creative is very close to AUD42K pa.

Cheers - Don
Old May 26th 2003, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Tambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant futureTambo has a brilliant future

[I make that AUD13200 pa, which if you are a bit creative is very close to AUD42K pa.

???????????
please explain
Old May 26th 2003, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Tambo
???????????
please explain
.....add it to the other 25K, ain't too far off!