Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Recognised Trade Certificate

Australian Recognised Trade Certificate

Old May 29th 2004, 1:07 pm
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australian Recognised Trade Certificate

Hi all, we are hoping to be in Melb within the next couple of months, unlike most, I was lucky enough to be born in oz, I have been advised by TRA to pursue an ARTC when we get, has anyone else ventured down this avenue, if so, could you give me the low on the situation, cheers.
Old May 29th 2004, 1:27 pm
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
If you go to www.workplace.gov.au/tra you can download the application form for ARTC certificate, plus a list of trades that require them. You must also be a Permanent Resident before you can apply.
Hope this helps

Arron
Old May 30th 2004, 12:49 pm
The Outback Beast

Yeah cheers for that Arron, has anybody else has had this experience I'd be interested to know
Old May 30th 2004, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough

I emailed the TRA a few months ago asking if I could apply for my ARTC from the UK. Their reply was that I could not do a thing until I arrive in Australia. They said I need to turn up at a TRA office with the original copies of my trade certificates and all the documents I submitted for my visa Skills assessment. I would imagine you will have to turn up with your trade certificates too plus some statements from your previous employers detailing exactly the work duties you carried out. If you are in an electrical trade they are interested what you've done over quite a long period, at least 5 years and I think possibly as much as 7 years. For some trades you may be required to sit through an interview, take some written tests and possibly a trade test. College could be a requirement if you have forgotten all the largely useless things you learned as an apprentice and then promptly forgot because they have little or no practical use in the workplace.
Old May 31st 2004, 1:50 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

Originally posted by migrantoz
I emailed the TRA a few months ago asking if I could apply for my ARTC from the UK. Their reply was that I could not do a thing until I arrive in Australia. They said I need to turn up at a TRA office with the original copies of my trade certificates and all the documents I submitted for my visa Skills assessment. I would imagine you will have to turn up with your trade certificates too plus some statements from your previous employers detailing exactly the work duties you carried out. If you are in an electrical trade they are interested what you've done over quite a long period, at least 5 years and I think possibly as much as 7 years. For some trades you may be required to sit through an interview, take some written tests and possibly a trade test. College could be a requirement if you have forgotten all the largely useless things you learned as an apprentice and then promptly forgot because they have little or no practical use in the workplace.
Exactly.
Thats what im having to do.
I e mailed the TRA and they told me i cant do anything until i arrive and will have to take all my paper work(Electrician)to them in person.
Then they will tell me what i have to do regarding licence and exams.
I arrive in Brisbane on 15th Sept
Darren
Old Jun 1st 2004, 9:15 am
The Outback Beast

Thanks for that people, looks like it will be a month holiday then the serious stuff will begin, atb