Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian PR Visa for sale, any takers??

Australian PR Visa for sale, any takers??

Old Sep 19th 2003, 6:01 am
No need for rose tinted.

the Wombats has a spectacular aura aboutthe Wombats has a spectacular aura aboutthe Wombats has a spectacular aura about
Default Australian PR Visa for sale, any takers??

after reading some of the posts on here from whinging Poms about the cost of living, education, the people, the TV etc, etc.....
Consider this and answer honestly.
If the Australian government introduced a scheme where people who had gone to OZ suddenly found it was not what they expected and could sell on their visas to would be buyers, would they sell? I Reckon they would'nt, for the simple fact, British people love to compare and winge. When all is said and done if they could sell their life in Oz, they would'nt. No because they know it is a great place to live and despite all their moans would not sell and go back to a life in the UK they so eagerly wanted to escape in the first place. I do not think you should be able to hang on to the visas just incase and not burn your bridges...if you do not like it pass it on to someone who may appreciate what you have been lucky enough to get.
Old Sep 19th 2003, 10:09 am
Badge

Default Re: Australian PR Visa for sale, any takers??

stay for Citizenship is the advice I would everyone...

Old Sep 19th 2003, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

j4yne we are not as you say " Whinging poms " We get asked advice we give our perspective of life here , we are honest and open shame you think we whinge . No to your question i wouldnt sell my visa , incase they gave it to you we do whinge now and again its life , and we appreciate thankyou for being given the chance to come here for a new life . They letting you in or are you already here
Joanne xx
Old Sep 19th 2003, 11:25 am
No need for rose tinted.

the Wombats has a spectacular aura aboutthe Wombats has a spectacular aura aboutthe Wombats has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by jopaulss
j4yne we are not as you say " Whinging poms " We get asked advice we give our perspective of life here , we are honest and open shame you think we whinge . No to your question i wouldnt sell my visa , incase they gave it to you we do whinge now and again its life , and we appreciate thankyou for being given the chance to come here for a new life . They letting you in or are you already here
Joanne xx
Hi Joanne
I am on holiday in the UK at the moment but going back in March 2004 to Brisbane. I lived in Sidney for 3 years then 2 years in Brisbane then came back to see my father who had a stroke. I would definatly have sold mine when I first ever arrived in OZ as I was totaly bowled over by the differences, but having been back to UK on a number of occassions am glad I never had a choice like that as I would now have regreted it.
Just trying to get people debating, thats all
Old Sep 19th 2003, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

thats fair enough!
donna
Old Sep 19th 2003, 11:40 am
No need for rose tinted.

Originally posted by donna
thats fair enough!
donna
Thats fair enough!...what is?
Old Sep 19th 2003, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

you wanting to get a debate going.
!donna
Old Sep 19th 2003, 12:01 pm
No need for rose tinted.

Originally posted by donna
you wanting to get a debate going.
!donna
Thats fair enough!
Old Sep 19th 2003, 12:35 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian PR Visa for sale, any takers??

Originally posted by j4yne
after reading some of the posts on here from whinging Poms about the cost of living, education, the people, the TV etc, etc.....
Consider this and answer honestly.
If the Australian government introduced a scheme where people who had gone to OZ suddenly found it was not what they expected and could sell on their visas to would be buyers, would they sell? I Reckon they would'nt, for the simple fact, British people love to compare and winge. When all is said and done if they could sell their life in Oz, they would'nt. No because they know it is a great place to live and despite all their moans would not sell and go back to a life in the UK they so eagerly wanted to escape in the first place. I do not think you should be able to hang on to the visas just incase and not burn your bridges...if you do not like it pass it on to someone who may appreciate what you have been lucky enough to get.
I do not count myself as a whinging pom - but might be seen as one - fair dues, I do not like everything here, some things came as a shock!

I asked my husband this question tonight, he who does not read expats,.....the price I said to sell his visa started at 500,000 (pounds!)...he said he might be tempted....but only if pushed!

Just to say we did not want to escape life in the UK, we just wanted something different and I find the comments about crap Britain on this site distasteful, they might well be for some and I can understand that, but not for all. I like the pride Aussies take in Aus, so a balance is called for.......for every Great Britain is crap comment, you have to say something nice about the UK!

Cheers Sandra

Belfast...great nightlife! Excellent Beaches in NI ...spoilt a bit by Windscale!
Old Sep 19th 2003, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Being born in UK and proud of it, by default I become a whinging pom, do you want everyone to say how wonderful and cheap the place is and how entertaing the tv is ? or do you want posts from both sides, those that it works for and those that it does not ?
Consider this and answer honestly. If the Australian government introduced a scheme where people who had gone to OZ suddenly found it was not what they expected and could sell on their visas to would be buyers, would they sell? I Reckon they would'nt, for the simple fact, British people love to compare and winge. When all is said and done if they could sell their life in Oz, they would'nt. No because they know it is a great place to live and despite all their moans would not sell and go back to a life in the UK they so eagerly wanted to escape in the first place. I do not think you should be able to hang on to the visas just incase and not burn your bridges...if you do not like it pass it on to someone who may appreciate what you have been lucky enough to get.
If I decided Oz was not where I wanted to be I would not think twice about selling it. I did not eagerly want to escape my life in UK, just wanted a new challenge and do somthing different.

Getting the visa was not luck, its a simple (if not lengthy) process of filling in forms.
Old Sep 19th 2003, 1:10 pm
No need for rose tinted.

Getting the visa was not luck, its a simple (if not lengthy) process of filling in forms. [/QUOTE]

Never said you were lucky, but lucky enough to get granted a visa, there are many who apply only to be turned down. I have read many of your posts and you are one of those who really do have a downer on the plcae. Not just useful comments or observations but real downers.
I for one escaped UK because I think it is a ratrace and find it going down the toilet full flush.
Old Sep 19th 2003, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

to me its a bit like saying i really want children and then when they arrive and they are not what you expected then you can sell them off to the highest bidder, of course none of us know what life is going to throw at us, thats what challenges are all about, If I knew what to expect then i dont think that i would be going

life is one big adventure, its no dress rehearsal

arlene
Old Sep 19th 2003, 1:18 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by arlene
to me its a bit like saying i really want children and then when they arrive and they are not what you expected then you can sell them off to the highest bidder, of course none of us know what life is going to throw at us, thats what challenges are all about, If I knew what to expect then i dont think that i would be going

life is one big adventure, its no dress rehearsal

arlene

Now if you were going to ask about the price of the kids...that would start a hell of a lot less than 500,000

Nope we did not know what to expect and still do not, that is part of the fun, I think that is part of the discussion on this forum, some say they know what they are moving for and those that are here...try and say we did too but it wasn't/isn't like that for us?

Still interesting conversation?
Old Sep 19th 2003, 1:19 pm
No need for rose tinted.

Originally posted by arlene
to me its a bit like saying i really want children and then when they arrive and they are not what you expected then you can sell them off to the highest bidder
arlene

That is an absolute obsured comparison. Can not understand why you would compare something like children and a visa.

I am only saying that why sit and moan, do not mean making comparison or saying what you miss or what you dont like but there are those on here who really talk like it is a life sentence to be in OZ. Surely you have read the comments. It is a free speach forum I take that but some people need to get a grip.
Old Sep 19th 2003, 1:22 pm
WBB

well i aint even got my visa yet, so if anybody wants to sell one..............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.