Australian Navy

Old Jun 26th 2006, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

gozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nice
Default Re: Australian Navy

We saw an advert in the Navy News about transferring to the Oz Navy from the UK Navy so my husband emailed his details to the overseas applicant's as it suggested. That was 4 weeks ago and he not received an acknowledgement or anything. It is normal not to receive a reply this soon?
Old Jun 26th 2006, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordiekaz
Goodluck, hopefully ours won't take much longer and we too will be waiting for a date to fly!!!

Fingers and toes crossed for you.
Mandy
Old Jun 26th 2006, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

steven is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gozzey
We saw an advert in the Navy News about transferring to the Oz Navy from the UK Navy so my husband emailed his details to the overseas applicant's as it suggested. That was 4 weeks ago and he not received an acknowledgement or anything. It is normal not to receive a reply this soon?
Should have received something back by now, I would give them a quick e-mail. I got a reply after 3 days when I submitted my initial application but that was last september. As you have read it's a very long and frustrating road.

Steve
Old Jun 26th 2006, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

janet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud ofjanet66 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gozzey
hi there go direct to the RAN website and there is a link , and email direct , they have had hubbys paperwork for four weeks now ( no word) so we emailed the man dealing with it and at least we know the stages now , they may have had alot of enquiries so maybe thats the reason , hope that helps , regards janet
Old Jun 26th 2006, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

gozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nice

Thats the link he used to send the original email but it didnt give any details of a particular person who would be dealing with the enquiries. We have emailed his details again now. Like you say they have probably had many enquiries especially as they are advertising. Thanks anyway Janet66
Old Jun 27th 2006, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

Hereandnow is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, my husband joined the RAN and we came over last october, our son also did the same and followed us in march. The process was very slow....aussies love paperwork! From starting the intitial inquiry to actually landing in Oz in total took 18 months. It was a bit quicker for my son as he was impatient and kept sending emails to canberra. My husband submitted his notice to RN after signing the RAN contract (conditions of employment). After doing the medicals and sending in the paperwork for visas it was very quick....once visas received just arrange enlistment date and away you go! Good luck guys!!
Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:03 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Good luck to all of you hoping to transfer over from the RN to the RAN !

From reading this thread, the reasons for wanting to leave the RN don't seem to have changed too much from when I left 20 years ago !!

I don't know, but I would imagine the RAN has its own problems too regarding funding and equipment.

Regards

Jim
ex CPO
Old Jun 27th 2006, 11:38 am
Sun Dodger

Bluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really niceBluerobot is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tigersanne
Hi
yes everyone is in the same boat
You are taking the piss surely, saying that with a thread with a title about the Navy
, it takes time, such a very long time, we started nearly a year ago now, my husband has had all his checks and had his job offer (conditions of service), this has gone back signed and next comes more paperwork, fill it in send it back, lol. we had to wait then for them to (forgot what its called) send in to immigration and get a number, they sent that back now we have to fill paperwork in that they sent (security papers), get certified copies of our marriage certificate and birth certificates etc, send those back now, my children and me are now waiting for our medical checks, which we can get done now, then send in the huge amount of paperwork to the immigration dept. then its the waiting game for us, to see if we all pass!
next step is just to hand his notice in then they RAN give us a date to fly! Hopefully!!!!!
Best of luck with the move, I'd love to have done this (in retrospect). I remember in the late 80's, they were wanting people to join the submarine fleet. I didn't even consider it back then, I thought you'd be mad to move half way across the world. Nearly 20 years later & here I am on my own accord. I wish I'd come then, would probably have been a lot cheaper way of going about it. Aussie Navy must have better trips than RN, even being alongside in Aus beats the pants out of being alongside in Faslane (obviously).

Keep us posted.

Dave (ex CPOMEA (EL)(SM)(NRPO)(VD, scar & bar)).
Old Jun 27th 2006, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

littlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nice

Hi all

My hubby has just been for his medicals today and got the thumbs up (thank goodness). Just got to wait for blood results and we can then send all the paperwork back. He is coming to end of service with RN (Feb 07) so we're were hoping that we would have a date around March 07 to getting to oz. Reading some of the threads it seems to take quite a long time so maybe we won't get there by March. Little worried about that, will have to sort something out to keep us going until we get there (as long as everything else goes ok and we get the ok to go of course!!).

Good luck to everyone else taking this route and lets keep in touch as we go along this long journey to a new life.

Take care

Nicky
Old Jun 27th 2006, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hereandnow
Hi all, my husband joined the RAN and we came over last october, our son also did the same and followed us in march. The process was very slow....aussies love paperwork! From starting the intitial inquiry to actually landing in Oz in total took 18 months. It was a bit quicker for my son as he was impatient and kept sending emails to canberra. My husband submitted his notice to RN after signing the RAN contract (conditions of employment). After doing the medicals and sending in the paperwork for visas it was very quick....once visas received just arrange enlistment date and away you go! Good luck guys!!
e

Keen to know how you are getting on over there. Was it worth the wait?
Old Jun 27th 2006, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

colinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: Australian Navy

Hi nearing the end of immigration and transfer from RN to RAN...does anyone know how long it takes after medicals have been done and papers send in for visa's ? does anyone know the answer ???
Hi,

I'm Army but should be the same, my timeline was as follows:

8 days after visa application sent received med request.

4 days after sending meds - visa granted.

Good luck

Colin
Old Jun 28th 2006, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

littlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nice

Originally Posted by colinmorgan
Hi,

I'm Army but should be the same, my timeline was as follows:

8 days after visa application sent received med request.

4 days after sending meds - visa granted.

Good luck

Colin

Blimey that was quick!! Lucky you

Here's hoping ours will go through quite quickly.

Nicky
Old Jun 30th 2006, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

astonished has a spectacular aura aboutastonished has a spectacular aura aboutastonished has a spectacular aura about

and australia will be happy and grateful to have you. A heavily subsidised appartment on sydney harbour is one of lifes great experiences. Just remember not to say "in the RN we did it better like this" "be tactful say have you considered doing it like this" lol whilst transition should be simple be aware that the RAN is superficially very RN but when you dig deeper you will find much USN influence which will appear strange to matelots. Its a hybrid.

good luck
Old Jun 30th 2006, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by astonished
and australia will be happy and grateful to have you. A heavily subsidised appartment on sydney harbour is one of lifes great experiences. Just remember not to say "in the RN we did it better like this" "be tactful say have you considered doing it like this" lol whilst transition should be simple be aware that the RAN is superficially very RN but when you dig deeper you will find much USN influence which will appear strange to matelots. Its a hybrid.

good luck

Hi astonished

I take it from reading your post that you have made the move over to RAN. How did the move go for you? Did you take family over with you and how have they settled in? What is the accommodation like and how much roughly do you have to pay? Also how long did the process take you from start to finish? Sorry about all the questions but we so much want to be sorted by end of Feb/March. We are still thinking about shipping our stuff out or start afresh. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks for any answers and take care
Old Jun 30th 2006, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

astonished has a spectacular aura aboutastonished has a spectacular aura aboutastonished has a spectacular aura about

actually i am ex aussie navy from the start. I just found this site while hunting for visa info for my fiance. battle with dimia 1 year old and still fighting. I can find the answers fairly quickly to questions though if you like. Including phone numbers. I served with quite a few RN exchange in my time so i think i have a good understanding of the issues for RNers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.