Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian mortgage brokers in UK

Australian mortgage brokers in UK

Old Jul 21st 2004, 9:36 am
mjj
Forum Regular

mjj has a spectacular aura aboutmjj has a spectacular aura aboutmjj has a spectacular aura about
Default Australian mortgage brokers in UK

Has anyone out there ever arranged an Australian mortgage from within the UK? I have Australian residency but for numerous reasons will be stuck in London for the next 12 months. I want to invest in a property in Queensland, rent it, and maybe move into it within a couple of years. What are the rules regarding Ozzie mortgages...do you need to be living in Oz to get one? Does anyone know of an Australian mortgage broker/financial advisor based in London?

Cheers
Old Jul 21st 2004, 9:40 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Australian mortgage brokers in UK

Originally posted by mjj
Has anyone out there ever arranged an Australian mortgage from within the UK? I have Australian residency but for numerous reasons will be stuck in London for the next 12 months. I want to invest in a property in Queensland, rent it, and maybe move into it within a couple of years. What are the rules regarding Ozzie mortgages...do you need to be living in Oz to get one? Does anyone know of an Australian mortgage broker/financial advisor based in London?

Cheers

I'll PM you with some detals I am in the process of doing it, but bewarned if you do not move in within 12 months you will loose the $7000 1st time homebuyers grant.

Kala
Old Jul 21st 2004, 9:42 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mjj

Cheers

You can get investment mortgages....We looked into getting one when we went home last year. The deposit you need is generally a minimum of 20%.

I dont know of mortgage brokers over here though, sorry.

One thing you might want to think about before doing it though is do you qualify for the First Home Owners Grant? Cause if you do, you have to be living in the house within 12 months of you buying it......you dont want to through away the chance of the $7000 grant....

Old Jul 21st 2004, 9:43 am
Account Closed

Originally posted by Hels
You can get investment mortgages....We looked into getting one when we went home last year. The deposit you need is generally a minimum of 20%.

I dont know of mortgage brokers over here though, sorry.

One thing you might want to think about before doing it though is do you qualify for the First Home Owners Grant? Cause if you do, you have to be living in the house within 12 months of you buying it......you dont want to through away the chance of the $7000 grant....

I type just TOOOO slow...hehe

How are ya kala??

Hels
Old Jul 21st 2004, 9:48 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Hels

I type just TOOOO slow...hehe

How are ya kala??

Hels
Not bad, trying to sort my own mortgage and house out AGHHHHHHHHHHH, I'm scared i'm turning into a propper grown up

Kala
Old Jul 21st 2004, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Kala, If you don't mind sharing I would really love the info about arrange an Australian morgage from here. I am probably leaving with kids but husband staying on here for another year. I would not get a morgage on my own in Aus but we could on his UK wage.
Thanks Kaz
Old Jul 21st 2004, 9:55 am
Account Closed

Originally posted by kala
Not bad, trying to sort my own mortgage and house out AGHHHHHHHHHHH, I'm scared i'm turning into a propper grown up

Kala

I understand just how you feel....This whole process is not only making me feel all grown up....but its bloody aging me before my time!!!
Old Jul 21st 2004, 9:59 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mjj

Cheers

Can you guys post some contact numbers please?

Thanks
Old Jul 21st 2004, 10:08 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally posted by lucyb

Thanks
Lucy, Kaz

I have PM'd ya

Kala
Old Jul 21st 2004, 10:14 am
mjj
Forum Regular

mjj has a spectacular aura aboutmjj has a spectacular aura aboutmjj has a spectacular aura about

Lucy, Kaz

I have PM'd ya

Kala
Can you mail me the details as well?

Many thanks

MJ
Old Jul 21st 2004, 10:19 am
mjj
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mjj
Can you mail me the details as well?

Many thanks

MJ
Ignore this...I have just received your mail.
Many thanks!
Old Jul 21st 2004, 6:02 pm
Walla's bird

marie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of light

I'll PM you with some detals I am in the process of doing it, but bewarned if you do not move in within 12 months you will loose the $7000 1st time homebuyers grant.

Kala

Kala would you mind sending me some details. We are just awaiting letter to grant visas so as we speak not quite PR's yet. Hopefully will arrive in next couple of weeks so then we can claim $7000 first time buyers grant. I have relatives in Perth doing some house hunting.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 6:13 pm
Walla's bird

marie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by lucyb

Thanks

Lucy

Would you mind forwarding the details sent to you. I too am intereted in sorting out mortgage form this end.

Cheers
Old Jul 21st 2004, 8:14 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally posted by marie66
Kala would you mind sending me some details. We are just awaiting letter to grant visas so as we speak not quite PR's yet. Hopefully will arrive in next couple of weeks so then we can claim $7000 first time buyers grant. I have relatives in Perth doing some house hunting.
Ive PM'd you

Cheers
kala
Old Jul 21st 2004, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Hi Guys

As stated in post above - so long as you have a 20% deposit and enough money to cover your repayments using your english salary - buying a house in Aus whilst in the UK is simple enough. I put an offer on a house in Perth on the last day of my validation trip. 6 weeks later it was mine - 10 days later I had tenants in it.

I have details of an excellent mortgage advisor in Perth if anyone is interested in them.

The only other think I would add, is to make sure that you visit and look around the houses before you buy them. Looking on www.realestate.com.au and the like, is fine for getting a rough guide but often the house which looks amazing on the website as actually a crock of s**t

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.