British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Australian Food (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/australian-food-295098/)

ozzieeagle Apr 8th 2005 2:36 pm

Re: Australian Food

Originally Posted by Friend
I am being rational, all cultures have a right to exist and the link is for helping European and European decent people learn about their own culture and to learn how protect it.

It's really strange being in a world where thousands if not millions of politically correct people around the world will campaign and support the right for the jewish people to exist in Israel, or for the Palestinian people, or for the Aboriginies, or for Mau Mau is Kenya, or for Zulus, or for Bantus in Africa, or for the Pashtuns in Afgahanistan etc etc,

and yet..... very few people will campaign for the right of Ireland, Russia, Germany, Holland, England, Wales, Scotland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Spain, Italy, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Serbia, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Ukraine, BeloRuss, the Boers, Aussies, New Zealanders, the US and Canada to preserve their cultures and their heritage.

strange, very very strange....I think many people are like alice in wonderland. O'h well when it's gone it will be gone, and we will be gone with it.

What exactly will be 'gone' as you put it, More information please ?

I dont understand what you mean ?

If I wanted to live in south london, from whence I came, I still can ? Even Brixton, So explain yourself properly

Ialibu Apr 8th 2005 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Lamingtons yet. I like them plain without the fillings. Yum.

Mrs JTL

Where I worked someone once brought in those pink lamingtons and they instantly became known as "Poofta Lamingtons" :D

mozzie Apr 8th 2005 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
What exactly will be 'gone' as you put it, More information please ?

I dont understand what you mean ?

If I wanted to live in south london, from whence I came, I still can ? Even Brixton, So explain yourself properly

I think I know what he means, but it's a flawed argument. He can't tell the difference between immigration and colonialism.

If, for example, 10% of Aussies are from an Italian background, then you're bound to get an Italian influence in Aussie food, architecture, design, etc. But it's proportionate. and let's face it, culture should be evolving - not stagnating.

The places where there's a problem is where a people have been pretty much taken over by an outside group and the local culture is suppressed, as in Tibet, the Middle East, Sudan and other parts of Africa.

But that's not what's happening in Australia, Britain, Holland, Germany, etc.

Friend Apr 8th 2005 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by mozzie
I think I know what he means, but it's a flawed argument. He can't tell the difference between immigration and colonialism.

If, for example, 10% of Aussies are from an Italian background, then you're bound to get an Italian influence in Aussie food, architecture, design, etc. But it's proportionate. and let's face it, culture should be evolving - not stagnating.

firstly - evolving into what?

Theirs nothing wrong with some immigration so long as its done in a controlled and proper manner like in Japan, Australia and Canada to some respect. However: Asylum is not immigration, illegal immigration is not immigration, and human trafficking is not immigration.

Originally Posted by mozzie
The places where there's a problem is where a people have been pretty much taken over by an outside group and the local culture is suppressed, as in Tibet, the Middle East, Sudan and other parts of Africa.

But that's not what's happening in Australia, Britain, Holland, Germany, etc.

That's exaclty my point everyone wants to jump on the peace band wagon and campaing for Tibet, but if it happens to Norway, Sweden or Holland then it's not worth fighting for.

It is happening in Europe and elsewhere it's just that the mass media wont report it because it goes against the interests of those who own the mass media. Check this news article out of French students marching for a change to the education system in Paris. Because they were White Frenchies they were attacked by thousands of Black and Arab parisians who said in interviews afterwwards that 'White kids were easy targets, because they dont fight back'

http://uk.altermedia.info/

Another important point to mention is that every multi-cultural country on the planet has serious problems, for example: Rio de Jeniro has 6,000 murders every year, why is that? look at Nigeria, Palestine, Kashmir, Cyprus, Sudan, Pakistan and the most likely candidate Iraq. All these places have large groups from different cultures, and all these places require a supressive totalitarian regime to keep the peace, so dont tell me multi-culturism is something virtuous or desirable.

I respect places like Japan, Thailand, Brunei, Singapore, Iceland where immigration is tightly controlled and hence the peacefull and sustainable life they have, however these places may not last much longer if the multi-culti New World Order idiots have their way. People can respect each others cultures, and everyone one has a place on this earth so theirs no reason for people to go marching into somebody else's gaffe, but that's not what's happening.

Another point i'm trying to make is that multi-culturism as people are led to believe is actually being used for another purpose, it's a tool that is being used for a not very nice reason and its certainly not for the benefit of people in the third world, developing world or even developed world. Most people dont know the reason because the media has put them to sleep like Alice in wonderland, and who owns the media?

consider this - how is it that no-one but a jew can emmigrate to Israel? and in fact Palestinian people in Israel are not even considered Israeli citizens, only jews have this right.

consider also this - how is it that jews can prosecute anyone for so called - 'anti-semitism'? and yet both Palestinian people and Arabs are also Semitic but they can't prosecute any jew for being 'anti-palestinian' or 'anti-arab'. It dosn't make sense, this is double standards to the extreme and its only going to get worse, so my advice is wake up or live your life in ignorance and suffer the consequences.

I'm not making all this up, its just as I said in my previous message that most people are like Alice in Wonderland. You don't get to hear these stories from the mass media, why is that? i'll leave this question for you to find out if your'e clever enough. You can use the links in my sig to help but it's all entirely upto you.

Jonahs_mummy Apr 9th 2005 7:02 am

Does anyone know what traditional Australian food is?

looks like there is a strong possibility that PAVLOVA was invented in Australia!
http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/Pavlova.htm

achish Apr 9th 2005 4:46 pm

When I was at primary school we were told Pavlova, Peach Melba, Damper, Anzac Biscuits, Lamingtons & vegemite all originated from Australia. That was a while ago now, so I could be wrong. I remember cooking pizza for the first time at high school and we all thought how foreign it was. :) Our food eating habits have changed so much over the last 20 years. For the better I may add.

kiwichild Apr 9th 2005 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by achish
When I was at primary school we were told Pavlova, Peach Melba, Damper, Anzac Biscuits, Lamingtons & vegemite all originated from Australia. That was a while ago now, so I could be wrong. I remember cooking pizza for the first time at high school and we all thought how foreign it was. :) Our food eating habits have changed so much over the last 20 years. For the better I may add.

Pavlova originated in NZ and like most NZ things Aussies like, they claimed it as their own. Don't know about origin of Anzac biscuits, BUT we did have those in NZ too

kiwichild Apr 9th 2005 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by achish

I remember buying pizza by the slice in NZ at a dairy (deli/milkbar) in the early 70's. It was a scone type dough with canned spaghetti, tomato, onion, bacon and melted cheese! LOL How absolutely gross looking back !!!

Incidentally we did have little pizzerias around then but not widespread and none of the big chain ones like pizza hut or dominoes. Fish 'n'chips has always been the number 1 favourite takeaway in NZ

achish Apr 9th 2005 9:05 pm

I think your barking up the wrong tree with the Pav. But this is a long-for-gotten “recipe” from a colonial-era cookbook which is definatly from NZ – “First catch your kiwi. Place the kiwi and a large stone in an iron pot and boil them until the stone is tender. Then throw away the kiwi and eat the stone.” :D

truebrits Apr 10th 2005 8:56 am

You can use the links in my sig to help but it's all entirely upto you.[/QUOTE]

Thankfully these have been taken down. Still, it was a nice attempt to spread your so-called 'word' by disguising it as a heritage site.

Friend Apr 10th 2005 11:35 am

....some people don't even know their just 'Shabbat Goys'.

As I believe in the principle of free speech, I will challenge anyone on this site to prove that 'Zionism' is not the biggest threat to mankind.

....and for all you politically correct lemmings, check out the case of an elderly man: Ernst Zundel, who has been kept for over 2 years in solitary confinment, simply because he wrote a book, and this was in Canada.

...come on you free Tibeti's and free Mandela types show your grit for someone nearer home. I bet not a single one of you will - why? because your all 'Shabbat Goys' and your all even too stupid to know what this means.

jayr Apr 10th 2005 12:27 pm

....some people don't even know their just 'Shabbat Goys'.

As I believe in the principle of free speech, I will challenge anyone on this site to prove that 'Zionism' is not the biggest threat to mankind.

....and for all you politically correct lemmings, check out the case of an elderly man: Ernst Zundel, who has been kept for over 2 years in solitary confinment, simply because he wrote a book, and this was in Canada.

...come on you free Tibeti's and free Mandela types show your grit for someone nearer home. I bet not a single one of you will - why? because your all 'Shabbat Goys' and your all even too stupid to know what this means.

I suspect many in the so called "politically correct" community would be more likely to support the Palestinian cause than the Israeli one. I don't understand what it is you are proposing however. Given your earlier links to some white separatist forum, I assume this is something that you believe in. How exactly would you propose to achieve that? How long a "white" heritage is required for you in your separatist utopia and what exactly do you propose to do with the millions or billions of people who have moved around the world since humans got up ans started populating?

Drawing to a logical conclusion, perhaps we should all retrun to Africa where it is generally considered that the common ancestor of all modern homosapiens resided. You up for it?

bondipom Apr 10th 2005 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Pavlova originated in NZ and like most NZ things Aussies like, they claimed it as their own. Don't know about origin of Anzac biscuits, BUT we did have those in NZ too

Aren't Ugg boots Aussie?;)

achish Apr 10th 2005 5:17 pm

Did I miss something here? I thought we were discussing all the yummy food the aussies have invented. I don't think anything beats a dagwood dog at the show. Tomato sauce dripping down your chin. ;)

bondipom Apr 10th 2005 6:05 pm

There is deep fried cheese on a stick.