Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian Expo 2008 - Manchester??

Australian Expo 2008 - Manchester??

Old Jan 20th 2008, 3:05 pm
Somewhere in Oz

sla453 will become famous soon enough
Default Australian Expo 2008 - Manchester??

Hi,

I'm sure I saw an advert somewhere for an Australian Expo to be held in various places, including Manchester at the old GMEX on 2nd March 2008, but I can't find it anywhere.

The expo website http://www.expo-australia.com/about_the_expo.aspx now doesn't have Manchester listed?

Does anybody know if it's been cancelled??
Old Jan 20th 2008, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Australian Expo 2008 - Manchester??

Originally Posted by sla453
Hi,

I'm sure I saw an advert somewhere for an Australian Expo to be held in various places, including Manchester at the old GMEX on 2nd March 2008, but I can't find it anywhere.

The expo website http://www.expo-australia.com/about_the_expo.aspx now doesn't have Manchester listed?

Does anybody know if it's been cancelled??

Just having a nosey myself, doesn't look like Manchester is on there.

Although, I am considering going to the Leeds one, sorry to pinch the lime light but has anyone ever been to one of these ? Are they any good ?

Cheers
D.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

Jox_co is on a distinguished road

My husband and I went to the manchester one in october 2007

We wnet on the Saturday had to go back on the tuesday for an interview

Got a job offer when the company arrived back in Oz.

Just waiting for visa so we can go.

2007's was a 2 day event but we went round the whole lot in about 4 hours, we were planning a stay over but there was no need.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 4:31 pm
Somewhere in Oz

Originally Posted by DEEDEE01
Just having a nosey myself, doesn't look like Manchester is on there.

Although, I am considering going to the Leeds one, sorry to pinch the lime light but has anyone ever been to one of these ? Are they any good ?

Cheers
D.
No problem - but I definitely saw a Manchester date of 2.3.08 - the tickets where free but you had to register for them! Now it seems as if I'm going mad..
Old Jan 20th 2008, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jox_co
My husband and I went to the manchester one in october 2007

We wnet on the Saturday had to go back on the tuesday for an interview

Got a job offer when the company arrived back in Oz.

Just waiting for visa so we can go.

2007's was a 2 day event but we went round the whole lot in about 4 hours, we were planning a stay over but there was no need.

Oh my god, a job offer, thats great.

Did you tell them you wanted to move to a particular area or did you just get the job and moved to that location ?

Donna.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

No problem - but I definitely saw a Manchester date of 2.3.08 - the tickets where free but you had to register for them! Now it seems as if I'm going mad..
Why don't you try the Leeds one ? Where abouts are you ?

Donna.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Oh my god, a job offer, thats great.

Did you tell them you wanted to move to a particular area or did you just get the job and moved to that location ?

Donna.
Errr no well yes...
We said we wanted to go to Perth..
The company is based in Canberra with offices up the east coast.
They want him to set up the buisness in Perth
They had plans to do it anyway they have just brought the plan forward by 12 months after they met my hubby
Old Jan 20th 2008, 5:16 pm
Somewhere in Oz

Why don't you try the Leeds one ? Where abouts are you ?

Donna.
Yeah - I could do.. But I definitely saw a Manchester date! With free tickets!!

Maybe it was last years website which has now been taken off?? I dunno
Old Jan 20th 2008, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

yummymummy77 is a jewel in the roughyummymummy77 is a jewel in the roughyummymummy77 is a jewel in the roughyummymummy77 is a jewel in the rough

We attended the London expo and to be honest we were done in under two hours.

There were only a few companies/agencies that were recruiting IT people (Hubbies occupation) however he has gone through several rounds of telephone interviews with one company and they have just told him they are putting together a formal offer and would like him/us over there by mid 2008!

It was useful for us but it depends very much on your job...if you were a nurse or an engineer then every second stand wanted you! Equally there was good info regarding banks & shipping companies.

I guess it all comes down to what you are expecting - we have been pleasantly surprised :-)

H x
Old Jan 20th 2008, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by yummymummy77
We attended the London expo and to be honest we were done in under two hours.

There were only a few companies/agencies that were recruiting IT people (Hubbies occupation) however he has gone through several rounds of telephone interviews with one company and they have just told him they are putting together a formal offer and would like him/us over there by mid 2008!

It was useful for us but it depends very much on your job...if you were a nurse or an engineer then every second stand wanted you! Equally there was good info regarding banks & shipping companies.

I guess it all comes down to what you are expecting - we have been pleasantly surprised :-)

H x
Hubby is an Electrical Enginner and I agree with your comments.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:23 am
Just Joined

TheWebbs is an unknown quantity at this point

The only Expo I can see for Manchester in March is on the 8/9th March 2008. The WorkWorldWide Expo at The Sheridan Suite Manchester - http://www.work-worldwide.com/ - It’s not free - £10 per adult.

I cannot recommend it as I have never been to this particular Expo before - maybe someone out there has and can say if it’s worth it or not.

I intend to go myself as I found last year’s Opportunities Australia Expo quite useful.

If there are any other Ausy Expo's out there free or otherwise - it would be nice to here about them...
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

flashingblade is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Australian Expo 2008 - Manchester??

Hi there,

The expo for GMEX is still on it is being done by A Place in the sun and it is The Emigration Show for various places not just Australia

Hope this helps By the way my husband and I are going as we want to move to Canada

Heres the link http://www.aplaceinthesunlive.com/bo...hester-central

Good Luck