Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian dollar will be the next biggest loser!

Australian dollar will be the next biggest loser!

Old Apr 19th 2010, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Australian dollar will be the next biggest loser!

Its consensus and its bound to happen.... just a matter of few months when this insanely overvalued AUD will return to a more normal level.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=abm4uZnTI4z0

I will hold on to my money for now.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian dollar will be the next biggest loser!

Originally Posted by caliburn
Good strategy....
Old Apr 19th 2010, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Ianevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to allIanevs is a name known to all

Its consensus and its bound to happen.... just a matter of few months when this insanely overvalued AUD will return to a more normal level.

Wow if this is their forecast we should all short the dollar seems like a one horse race!!!!
Old Apr 19th 2010, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of light

It doesnt mean you will get more $ for the GBP. This is all about US$ to AUS$. Britain's economy is still shit and the British pound is on its way to permanent unimportance.

Historically the Aussie has gone dramatically up and down against the US$ and will continue to do so. The British pound however is dying and is not likely to change
Old Apr 19th 2010, 10:13 pm
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Grumpy

The British pound however is dying and is not likely to change
Did you read that in the Daily Fail?
Old Apr 19th 2010, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Would be nice to think it would help the pound but just as Britain recovers after the snow they get the fall out of volcanic ash.

If this volcano thing rumbles on on on (excuse the pun) then the British economy and parts of the European economy - well I just hate to think what will happen.

There is rotting fruit in Africa waiting to come over, people can't export, import at the rate this is going Brits will be lucky to see a banana for a few weeks! This means businesses already hard hit will find it very difficult to survive, lets just hope because it is an act of nature that everyone will pull together and try and work out things.

We also have no clear leader for the election, from what I've been hearing Clegg seems to be quite good but will enough people vote Liberal to get them in? If there is a hung parliament then don't expect any help for the pound.

I'm now wondering if the pound is still around 1.65 which it was yesterday about cutting my losses and just bringing what I have left over, at least it will earn a bit of interest here!
Old Apr 19th 2010, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of lightMr Grumpy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
Did you read that in the Daily Fail?
No, but its a fact. All of Europe is declining, Asia and Latin America will soon replace them in terms of consumer demand.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 10:49 pm
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

No, but its a fact. All of Europe is declining, Asia and Latin America will soon replace them in terms of consumer demand.
I think to say the British pound is dying is a tad melodramatic.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

mulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond reputemulben has a reputation beyond repute

The Aussie may weaken about 3 percent before rising by year-end.
Not a lot to hang out for
Old Apr 19th 2010, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of

Is it only me thinking that a much weaker dollar would be a good thing for Australian economy?
Old Apr 19th 2010, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
I think to say the British pound is dying is a tad melodramatic.
Maybe, but the days of the British Pound being a top global player are coming to an end. There will be economic repositioning for the next decade and many big shots that exist now like the UK, France and even Japan to an extent will see substantial permanent decline, it will eventually plateau but it will be a big fall.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 11:34 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

In forex nothing is certain - if it was we would all be billionaires.
GBP was overvalued for many, many years - AUD has only been so for a short period of time.
Old Apr 19th 2010, 11:36 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

The British pound however is dying and is not likely to change
This call has been made many times in history and it still has not happened.

I see no difference now.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 12:03 am
Pie Eater

coolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud ofcoolshadows has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Amazulu
GBP was overvalued for many, many years
The GBP has been devalued by the Bank of England, that is why it has dropped as much as it has. Only when they start reversing quantitative easing will it fully recover.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 12:04 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Australian dollar will be the next biggest loser!

Originally Posted by Mipik
Is it only me thinking that a much weaker dollar would be a good thing for Australian economy?
No, I'm thinking it too. Our primary producers would be delighted by a weak dollar. I can't imagine how they're trying to shift exports these days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.