Reload this Page >

Australian/British Passport

Australian/British Passport

Old Jan 16th 2007, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

jambo_g is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australian/British Passport

Hello everyone,

I emigrated out to Oz 4 years ago and have now decided it would be nice to travel back to the UK to see friends & family etc.

In this time I have become a citizen of Australia and now have an Australian passport.

Also in this time my UK passport has expired and I haven't got around to getting a new one.

My question is.....Is there any problem with me travelling back to the UK on the Australian passport as an Australian??

I know Ozzies can stay for up to 6 months without a visa in the UK and I'm only planning on going for a few weeks.

Any thoughts would be most welcomed on the matter

Cheers
jambo_G
Old Jan 16th 2007, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Australian/British Passport

Originally Posted by jambo_g
Is there any problem with me travelling back to the UK on the Australian passport as an Australian??
I'm sure there are issues with doing this. You will also have to join the long queue for immigration in the UK.

I renewed my UK passport in Aus and it only took 10 days including postage No real issue, new photo and submit the old passport

KS
Old Jan 16th 2007, 10:26 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shorrock
I'm sure there are issues with doing this. You will also have to join the long queue for immigration in the UK.
Other than "joining the queue" - no issues if you are just going for a vacation. But it makes much more sense to keep an up to date British passport too.
Old Jan 16th 2007, 10:30 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

I renewed my UK passport in Aus and it only took 10 days including postage No real issue, new photo and submit the old passport

KS
just costs a fortune cos u need to pay for the privilage of assistance from the uk consulate in Oz.....beats me why u would need this when u have an aussie passport lol but hey ho
Old Jan 16th 2007, 11:28 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
just costs a fortune cos u need to pay for the privilage of assistance from the uk consulate in Oz
Where on earth did you get this idea from?
Old Jan 16th 2007, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by JAJ
Where on earth did you get this idea from?
its not an idea...I read it on a website...am sure it was the passport one...I will have a look. Might have been on the passport form I filled in when I got my sons new passport here in australia
Old Jan 16th 2007, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

jambo_g is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey folks,

Thanks for the replies.

So in summary it should be no probs.....I rock up in the UK with valid Australian passport (and after waiting in q's) I will get in no probs?

Also was planning on flying into Edinburgh so hopefully not as bad immigration q's as London or other UK cities.

Cheers
jambo_g
Old Jan 17th 2007, 3:52 am
JAJ
Retired

its not an idea...I read it on a website...am sure it was the passport one...I will have a look. Might have been on the passport form I filled in when I got my sons new passport here in australia
If you are a dual British/Australian citizen you cannot claim British consular assistance in Australia, or vice versa.

Passport fees cover not only consular assistance, but also the simple costs of issuing the documents.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by JAJ
If you are a dual British/Australian citizen you cannot claim British consular assistance in Australia, or vice versa.

Passport fees cover not only consular assistance, but also the simple costs of issuing the documents.
I will find it....I will cos I deffo read it else I wouldnt have posted it.............
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I will find it....I will cos I deffo read it else I wouldnt have posted it.............
H is now running around like a headless chicken, sorry chook, trying to find her proof, I can see the smoke from here
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
H is now running around like a headless chicken, sorry chook, trying to find her proof, I can see the smoke from here
lol I swear I will find it cos I remember readin it and thinkin WTF
Old Jan 17th 2007, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

lol I swear I will find it cos I remember readin it and thinkin WTF

You'll have read it on here along with 'you'll get taxed 90% if you don't bring your cash in within 6 months' and 'if your leg falls off on a temp visa you won't get any medical treatment'
Old Jan 17th 2007, 10:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
You'll have read it on here along with 'you'll get taxed 90% if you don't bring your cash in within 6 months' and 'if your leg falls off on a temp visa you won't get any medical treatment'
You missed the biggy (sorry H, didn't think of that until i had typed it) Aus is Utopia and paved with gold. I think the bit H is looking for is just above that and to the right a bit
Old Jan 17th 2007, 10:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You missed the biggy (sorry H, didn't think of that until i had typed it) Aus is Utopia and paved with gold. I think the bit H is looking for is just above that and to the right a bit

You mean it isn't Utopia

Why didn't someone tell me :curse:
Old Jan 17th 2007, 11:07 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

The actual number of migration officers dealing with non UK passport holders usually means that the queue at immigration is actually more for the EU passports since they are bothering to check them.

Would say it doesnt make any difference really time wise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.