Australian Army

Old Aug 27th 2007, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

trippy t is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Australian Army

Hi, my husband is 43 & has recently completed his 22 years in the british army(he left november 2006). A good friend of his is leaving the army next year & has started his application to move to Oz army-they are meeting up soon so we should be able to get some info on the whole process as we are quite keen to do the same.

I have a couple of concerns that I was hoping someone on here might be able to clear up...so here goes..

*As he as already left the army here..do you think that will cause problems?

*Does anyone know if his age(43) will stop us from applying...as I know the process can take quite a while?

Any info regarding the whole process would also be much appreciated.

Thankyou
trippy t
Old Aug 27th 2007, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of
Default Re: Australian Army

Originally Posted by trippy t
Hi, my husband is 43 & has recently completed his 22 years in the british army(he left november 2006). A good friend of his is leaving the army next year & has started his application to move to Oz army-they are meeting up soon so we should be able to get some info on the whole process as we are quite keen to do the same.

I have a couple of concerns that I was hoping someone on here might be able to clear up...so here goes..

*As he as already left the army here..do you think that will cause problems?

*Does anyone know if his age(43) will stop us from applying...as I know the process can take quite a while?

Any info regarding the whole process would also be much appreciated.

Thankyou
trippy t
If I were you I'd post this on the immigration forum as you'll get a lot more answers.

Sorry, other than that I can't help.

Trish
Old Aug 27th 2007, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

I am not sure about the army but I know of somebody who left the Navy and after 18 months of there new job have now joined the Australian Navy and have been in Oz for a couple of months now. They are doing a year training to get them back up to scratch. We fly to Sydney on 5th November and my husband is joining the Royal Australian Navy and the process will have taken us 14 months when we fly. Hope this helps a bit.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scrum
If I were you I'd post this on the immigration forum as you'll get a lot more answers.

Sorry, other than that I can't help.

Trish
Thank you Trish, I will do that!

Tracy
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Josie1100
I am not sure about the army but I know of somebody who left the Navy and after 18 months of there new job have now joined the Australian Navy and have been in Oz for a couple of months now. They are doing a year training to get them back up to scratch. We fly to Sydney on 5th November and my husband is joining the Royal Australian Navy and the process will have taken us 14 months when we fly. Hope this helps a bit.
Thanks for your reply. Hope you have a fab time! (bet you cant wait!).

Tracy
Old Aug 27th 2007, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

rabbitstew is an unknown quantity at this point

A friend my hubby knows left the Army 2 years before he started the process and he even got his commission. My hubby got out Sept 06 and weve been here 4 weeks and lovin it. Good look
Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:12 am
Stuart and Carolann

stu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant future

trippy t,
I have been through the process and have been here for over a year. When I went for my interviews at AHC, London there was one guy who had been out of the Army for a couple of years and they accepted him, but it will depend on his trade. If you have any other questions, then please get in touch.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rabbitstew
A friend my hubby knows left the Army 2 years before he started the process and he even got his commission. My hubby got out Sept 06 and weve been here 4 weeks and lovin it. Good look
Thanks so much for your reply-has put my mind at ease on one issue at least! We talked about it alot last year but wernt sure we were ready for more military life...however, a few months into civvie street...well, I think we have made our minds up now!! Glad you're enjoying it.

Tracy
Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stu-carol
trippy t,
I have been through the process and have been here for over a year. When I went for my interviews at AHC, London there was one guy who had been out of the Army for a couple of years and they accepted him, but it will depend on his trade. If you have any other questions, then please get in touch.
Thanks stu-carol, think I might pm you asap.

Cheers
Tracy
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:34 am
Stuart and Carolann

stu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant futurestu-carol has a brilliant future

Tracy,
I notice that you have send me a PM but I am unable to open it. Not sure why. Will try again later.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:36 am
Stuart and Carolann

I believe it is because I am new to this site and have not submitted enough replies. Hopefully will be able to reply soon.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know about having already left, but I know there are plenty who do their 22 and then make the transition.
The whole process can take as little as 12-18 months - maybe even less, as a lot of people have to give 12 months notice. We initially enquired around Sept 05, interview march 06 and out here april 07.
I have heard of medical issues with some older applicants, but as I said there are plenty who have got through no problems - nothing to lose, go for it!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by esperanza
Don't know about having already left, but I know there are plenty who do their 22 and then make the transition.
The whole process can take as little as 12-18 months - maybe even less, as a lot of people have to give 12 months notice. We initially enquired around Sept 05, interview march 06 and out here april 07.
I have heard of medical issues with some older applicants, but as I said there are plenty who have got through no problems - nothing to lose, go for it!
Thanks for your reply esperanza.

Dont know if I said already but husband left last november so we,ve had a few months to get used to civvie street. We bought a house which needs some serious 'doing-up' before we can go anywhere but judging by the lengthy process to apply Im sure we have plenty of time to sort that out!

We are definately going to go for it asap! Keep your fingers crossed for us!

Tracy
Old Aug 28th 2007, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stu-carol
I believe it is because I am new to this site and have not submitted enough replies. Hopefully will be able to reply soon.
Thankyou stu-carol. Got your pm. Very much appreciated!

Tracy
Old Aug 28th 2007, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rabbitstew
Thanks rabbitstew. Have had a few messages pretty much confirming that applying after leaving the british army will not be a problem. Also as I understand it being age 43(my husband that is!) is NOT too old. Which is great news!

So I guess we are going to get on it asap!

Thanks to everyone else who has replied. I feel much more confident about the whole thing now.

Tracy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.