British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Australia vs Canada for a new registered nurse? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/australia-vs-canada-new-registered-nurse-671834/)

lolitochka Jun 10th 2010 4:27 am

Australia vs Canada for a new registered nurse?

Has anyone done any research on these two countries in terms of friendliness or easiness of finding a job while outside of the country?
Australia or Canada? What are the cons and pros?
Please, share:D

Dorothy Jun 10th 2010 9:44 am

Re: Australia vs Canada for a new registered nurse?

Originally Posted by lolitochka (Post 8623430)
Has anyone done any research on these two countries in terms of friendliness or easiness of finding a job while outside of the country?

Both huge countries with loads of regional variation. Where do YOU want to live? And more importantly why do you want to leave UK so badly? What are you hoping to find moving to another country?

skippy2107 Jun 10th 2010 8:49 pm

We are in the same boat. Have you done a 3yr diploma or 4yr degree. If Degree you can go to either. If Diploma like my wife then you will only be a registered practical nurse and not a registered nurse in canada. A lot less money and not able to do much nursing really. More like a health care assistant. Not what you trained for but gets you into the country. We are now looking at oz as my wife doesn't want to train for 3 yrs to be a hca!

lolitochka Jun 11th 2010 5:16 am

Thank you, guys,
I find both countries pretty attractive to me.
Dorothy,
I am neither in UK nor from there, otherwise I love UK too:)

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 8623844)
Both huge countries with loads of regional variation. Where do YOU want to live? And more importantly why do you want to leave UK so badly? What are you hoping to find moving to another country?

lolitochka Jun 11th 2010 5:19 am

Thank you, skippy,
it is a degree, but no experience though...
is there any chance to get a job offer/sponsor in either country?
please, share your experiences

Originally Posted by skippy2107 (Post 8625054)
We are in the same boat. Have you done a 3yr diploma or 4yr degree. If Degree you can go to either. If Diploma like my wife then you will only be a registered practical nurse and not a registered nurse in canada. A lot less money and not able to do much nursing really. More like a health care assistant. Not what you trained for but gets you into the country. We are now looking at oz as my wife doesn't want to train for 3 yrs to be a hca!

Dorothy Jun 11th 2010 6:13 am

Originally Posted by lolitochka (Post 8625730)
Thank you, guys,
I find both countries pretty attractive to me.
Dorothy,
I am neither in UK nor from there, otherwise I love UK too:)

Ok then where do you see yourself living? And do you feel one of those countries pulling you or are you just trying to leave your home country?

lolitochka Jun 12th 2010 6:15 pm

I love both countries, but i am sure they have different processes of immigration. Which one would be quicker and doesnt require too much of a wait time?

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 8625828)
Ok then where do you see yourself living? And do you feel one of those countries pulling you or are you just trying to leave your home country?

Dorothy Jun 13th 2010 12:36 am

Originally Posted by lolitochka (Post 8628743)
I love both countries, but i am sure they have different processes of immigration. Which one would be quicker and doesnt require too much of a wait time?

Have you looked at the immigration process for either one? Do you qualify for migration to either? Will you be able to work in either country?

www.immi.gov.au for Australia
www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp for Canada

Bermudashorts Jun 13th 2010 12:46 am

Originally Posted by lolitochka (Post 8628743)

I am surprised that you would make such a momentous decision based on which visa process is quicker. Why not do a pros and cons list for each country and make a decision based on something a bit more substantial. Somethings can be worth waiting for.

Pollyana Jun 13th 2010 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 8629183)
I am surprised that you would make such a momentous decision based on which visa process is quicker. Why not do a pros and cons list for each country and make a decision based on something a bit more substantial. Somethings can be worth waiting for.

Especially as processing timelines can vary so widely.

JAJ Jun 13th 2010 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by lolitochka (Post 8623430)

Perhaps read:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Canada_versus_Australia

lolitochka Jun 18th 2010 12:48 am

Sorry, I should have been more specific,
ok, I wonder what do you guys think about each country, and what are the pros and cons?
thank you

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 8629183)

lolitochka Jun 18th 2010 12:48 am

Thank you,
I will check this link out

Originally Posted by JAJ (Post 8630900)