Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia vs Canada for a new registered nurse?

Australia vs Canada for a new registered nurse?

Old Jun 10th 2010, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

lolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nice
Default Australia vs Canada for a new registered nurse?

Has anyone done any research on these two countries in terms of friendliness or easiness of finding a job while outside of the country?
Australia or Canada? What are the cons and pros?
Please, share
Old Jun 10th 2010, 9:44 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia vs Canada for a new registered nurse?

Originally Posted by lolitochka
Has anyone done any research on these two countries in terms of friendliness or easiness of finding a job while outside of the country?
Please, share
Both huge countries with loads of regional variation. Where do YOU want to live? And more importantly why do you want to leave UK so badly? What are you hoping to find moving to another country?
Old Jun 10th 2010, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

skippy2107 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in the same boat. Have you done a 3yr diploma or 4yr degree. If Degree you can go to either. If Diploma like my wife then you will only be a registered practical nurse and not a registered nurse in canada. A lot less money and not able to do much nursing really. More like a health care assistant. Not what you trained for but gets you into the country. We are now looking at oz as my wife doesn't want to train for 3 yrs to be a hca!
Old Jun 11th 2010, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

lolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nicelolitochka is just really nice

Thank you, guys,
I find both countries pretty attractive to me.
Dorothy,
I am neither in UK nor from there, otherwise I love UK too
Originally Posted by Dorothy
Both huge countries with loads of regional variation. Where do YOU want to live? And more importantly why do you want to leave UK so badly? What are you hoping to find moving to another country?
Old Jun 11th 2010, 5:19 am
Forum Regular

Thank you, skippy,
it is a degree, but no experience though...
is there any chance to get a job offer/sponsor in either country?
please, share your experiences
Originally Posted by skippy2107
We are in the same boat. Have you done a 3yr diploma or 4yr degree. If Degree you can go to either. If Diploma like my wife then you will only be a registered practical nurse and not a registered nurse in canada. A lot less money and not able to do much nursing really. More like a health care assistant. Not what you trained for but gets you into the country. We are now looking at oz as my wife doesn't want to train for 3 yrs to be a hca!
Old Jun 11th 2010, 6:13 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, guys,
I find both countries pretty attractive to me.
Dorothy,
I am neither in UK nor from there, otherwise I love UK too
Ok then where do you see yourself living? And do you feel one of those countries pulling you or are you just trying to leave your home country?
Old Jun 12th 2010, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

I love both countries, but i am sure they have different processes of immigration. Which one would be quicker and doesnt require too much of a wait time?
Originally Posted by Dorothy
Ok then where do you see yourself living? And do you feel one of those countries pulling you or are you just trying to leave your home country?
Old Jun 13th 2010, 12:36 am
Still alive

I love both countries, but i am sure they have different processes of immigration. Which one would be quicker and doesnt require too much of a wait time?
Have you looked at the immigration process for either one? Do you qualify for migration to either? Will you be able to work in either country?

www.immi.gov.au for Australia
www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp for Canada
Old Jun 13th 2010, 12:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I am surprised that you would make such a momentous decision based on which visa process is quicker. Why not do a pros and cons list for each country and make a decision based on something a bit more substantial. Somethings can be worth waiting for.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 7:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I am surprised that you would make such a momentous decision based on which visa process is quicker. Why not do a pros and cons list for each country and make a decision based on something a bit more substantial. Somethings can be worth waiting for.
Especially as processing timelines can vary so widely.
Old Jun 13th 2010, 11:59 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Please, share
Perhaps read:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Canada_versus_Australia
Old Jun 18th 2010, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Sorry, I should have been more specific,
ok, I wonder what do you guys think about each country, and what are the pros and cons?
thank you
Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Old Jun 18th 2010, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Thank you,
I will check this link out
Originally Posted by JAJ