Australia Vs Canada

Wikiposts

Australia Vs Canada

Old Sep 23rd 2003, 1:27 am
Just Joined

sgaurav40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australia Vs Canada

Hi Guys,
I am a Software Engineer working at a relatively well paid and stable job in India.I qualify for immigration to both Canada and Australia.I would like to know your thoughts as to which one is a better option.I have studied in the US and worked in the US for 4 years so I am leaning towards Canada a bit.But,I know the job scenario in both countries is bad....so I would like to know how you experts view this.Of course, if the economy of these countries does not improve, I will not be moving out of India at all.

Thanks for your suggestions.
SG
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Guess it depends what you are looking for and your situation. If you have family to support etc. Might be better staying where you are. IT situation seems to be bad in most places. As a software engineer, I would think you had a good chance of securing work.
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 3:27 am
NZ 2004 ... Inshallah

robernelli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Australia Vs Canada

Originally posted by sgaurav40
Hi Guys,
I am a Software Engineer working at a relatively well paid and stable job in India.I qualify for immigration to both Canada and Australia.I would like to know your thoughts as to which one is a better option.I have studied in the US and worked in the US for 4 years so I am leaning towards Canada a bit.But,I know the job scenario in both countries is bad....so I would like to know how you experts view this.Of course, if the economy of these countries does not improve, I will not be moving out of India at all.

SG
How important is the weather, SG? Freezing cold winters in Canada put me off considering living there, much as it is a great place to visit. Or is it just us crazy Brits that would consider this on the same sort of level as the economy and job prospects

Rob
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by robernelli
How important is the weather, SG? Freezing cold winters in Canada put me off considering living there, much as it is a great place to visit. Or is it just us crazy Brits that would consider this on the same sort of level as the economy and job prospects

Rob

Oh please.......... not all of Canada is freezing go out west i'ts beautiful............
Old Sep 23rd 2003, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by april
Oh please.......... not all of Canada is freezing go out west i'ts beautiful............
Agree with that.

Canada has a huge Indian population, in BC, could be easy to settle into.

OZ has better economy at moment tho.
Old Nov 6th 2003, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

rash is an unknown quantity at this point

Same as u...
I have a stable job in india- am a s/w engineer here...
Was confused abt au/can- then finally thought of au(can is quite cold...)
+
now i am seeing so many good good companies coming to india itself... so wonder if immigrating is a good idea after all....
Old Nov 7th 2003, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sgaurav40
Hi Guys,

SG
I had a smiliar option of Canada(BC) or NZ, and have chosen NZ.

If one of your reasons is that you are looking at economic factors, then stay in India.

IMO, India & China have the fastest economic growth rates at the moment and will grow even faster in the next 10yrs. Any desk based work will be exported to India, its already happening in Call Centres and IT, and this will grow even further. You could probably have better prospects staying in India than being an immigrant elsewhere, so many big corporations are looking at India and China(manufacturing). The living standards in these Countries are going to get much better, whereas you'll find western economies will not fair so well.

If you want a lifestyle change then Canada/Oz are great options, if economic factors are important then its a tough call.
Old Nov 7th 2003, 3:52 am
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

and here I was thinking this thread was about some weird ruling that had disqualified scotland from the world cup and somehow put canada in it's place for the upcoming quarter final!

sorry couldn't resist..... but I am just so excited about the upcoming WC events!

Returning you to you thread now....
Old Nov 7th 2003, 4:05 am
Badge

Default Australia vs Fiji more like

the strange ruling being that Fiji are a better, classier team than the lucky Scots who were lucky to be in that QF!!!

I think Scotland were the only team to get to the QFs with a negative Points Difference - or something - can't remember now.

Badge

;-)