Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia - The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing Like the Truth

Australia - The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing Like the Truth

Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of
Default Re: Australia - The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing Like the Truth

Good post. Though I do believe many will be much better off in Australia if they settle, the lifestyle and weather just makes life more enjoyable and healthy.

Last edited by The Flintstones; Jan 25th 2010 at 11:24 am.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:26 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia - The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing Like the Trtuh

Originally Posted by mono
All of which makes total sense. Well done.

Why do you (and some others) respond with such sarcasm and hyperbole (posting pictures of tramps or crowded tube trains in the UK to "illustrate" UK life, for example) when someone expresses what they miss about the UK or dislike about Australia if the above is TRUTHFULLY how you see things?
You mean pictures like this:
Attached Thumbnails Australia - The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing Like the Truth-17275_264297897744_617827744_3381103_3767648_n.jpg   Australia - The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing Like the Truth-17262_406566625231_682490231_10870543_4054664_n.jpg   Australia - The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing Like the Truth-17262_406557160231_682490231_10870478_5515179_n.jpg  
Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

CosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Amazulu
You mean pictures like this:
Ooh, pictures of Bradford and Dudley Hill. Are they tourists photos?

CB
Old Jan 25th 2010, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

aussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond reputeaussietobe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Firstly, it's whatever you make of it and secondly, everybody else's experiences are utterly irrelevant.

We're all different; different outlooks, jobs, expectations, cash, family situations, backgrounds and tastes. The bottom line is that anyone who claims to have the full juice on this (or in fact any) country is talking out of their arses. If you have the time and the inclination to move here, do so and see how you get on. If you don't like it go back.

That is all. Carry on.
Yes and make an effort not to whinge, as its bloody annoying!
Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:09 pm
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Firstly, it's whatever you make of it and secondly, everybody else's experiences are utterly irrelevant.

We're all different; different outlooks, jobs, expectations, cash, family situations, backgrounds and tastes. The bottom line is that anyone who claims to have the full juice on this (or in fact any) country is talking out of their arses. If you have the time and the inclination to move here, do so and see how you get on. If you don't like it go back.

That is all. Carry on.
Well said mate!
Everyone's circumstances are different, some close to family, some are not. It would be a boring old life if we were all the same!
Carol
Old Jan 25th 2010, 8:29 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

That is all. Carry on.
I disagree. I think that because I hate living in Australia I should be able to convince a bunch of people on the internet whom I will never meet to have the same loathing and bitterness toward everything and call them stupid for having such a nice time.

On the days that I like Australia everyone should be able to see the same rainbow Buddha rays which fall from the exhaust pipes of every made in Australia Falcon XR8 ute that goes by and thank the heavens for the manna which is the great Aussie BBQ.

Or you could be right. One of the two.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 8:42 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
I disagree. I think that because I hate living in Australia I should be able to convince a bunch of people on the internet whom I will never meet to have the same loathing and bitterness toward everything and call them stupid for having such a nice time.

On the days that I like Australia everyone should be able to see the same rainbow Buddha rays which fall from the exhaust pipes of every made in Australia Falcon XR8 ute that goes by and thank the heavens for the manna which is the great Aussie BBQ.

Or you could be right. One of the two.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

I reckon if you want 'Nothing like the Truth' just watch Current Affair or Today Tonight. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story, or, we'll just make lots of assumptions to make it good TV.

Then I get even more confused....
Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JenniGee
You mean there AREN'T any ZZ Top lookalikes

That's it - I'm not coming any more!
Don't worry, there are PLENTY of ZZ Top lookalikes. I sometimes wonder if the guys with the foot long grey beards look in the mirror in the morning and think "Wow.. I look bloody hot today"
Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! NOT AGAIN

Personally I don't care what anyone else thinks, I only care what I think.

THE END

Jo
Old Jan 26th 2010, 12:42 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mono
Don't want an argument, actually.

Genuinely interested in hearing Hutch's justification of his sarky retorts in the light of his comments in this thread.

The two don't appear to match.

Prepare to be ignored, it's the Hutch MO... annoy and ignore. Best off enjoying his funny stuff and ignoring the nasty stuff..
Old Jan 26th 2010, 1:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Don't worry, there are PLENTY of ZZ Top lookalikes. I sometimes wonder if the guys with the foot long grey beards look in the mirror in the morning and think "Wow.. I look bloody hot today"
They think - "Well I'm fat, I'm bald, I have bad skin, and I have the arms of a navvy."

"If I grow a beard, at least I will look like that bloke on the telly..."

It's also peer pressure...
Old Jan 26th 2010, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

norfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nicenorfolkpedlar is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Why quote Northernbird when you say that? I'm pretty sure she isn't the one who started with the negative posts.
No offence intended to anyone, it was just the previous post.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 1:45 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Theres 1.3 million british citizens living in OZ , why would so many live here if it wasn't a great place.

Last edited by mohogony; Jan 26th 2010 at 1:48 am.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 1:57 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mohogony
Theres 1.3 million british citizens living in OZ , why would so many live here if it wasn't a great place.
Perhaps they made the mistke of marrying an aussie and are now damned forever because of it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.