Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia through to Final!!

Australia through to Final!!

Old Nov 15th 2003, 10:02 am
Badge

Default Australia through to Final!!

this should bolster England against France, as they psychologically have been matched with New Zealand all along..

Aussie have now won 12 World Cup games on the trot - not having lost since 1995! (They were beaten by England).

Badge

Old Nov 15th 2003, 10:09 am
Checkin' the world out.

nixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nicenixstuff is just really nice
Default Re: Australia through to Final!!

Originally posted by badgersmount
this should bolster England against France, as they psychologically have been matched with New Zealand all along..

Aussie have now won 12 World Cup games on the trot - not having lost since 1995! (They were beaten by England).

Badge
We'll never hear the bloody end of this. Can't wait to see the press tomorrow.

Win or lose, us poms are in for yet more gip.

Ride the storm..
Old Nov 15th 2003, 10:24 am
Badge

Default Re: Australia through to Final!!

For any Pom meeting a crowing Aussie, DEFLECT the scorn by rubbishng the All Blacks - join in, eh?

If England got through to the final and then lost, well then we would never hear the end of it.

On arriving in Australia, I can say - well, it's why i left England.

Badge

Old Nov 15th 2003, 10:40 am
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

Look on the bright side, there would be nothing better than beating the Aussies in the final. England may have been a little below par of late but we've still won all our games by more than ten points. And it's still the same team that has dominated world rugby over the last 12 months.

Two wins and we'll have something to crow about for a while.

Old Nov 15th 2003, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

I was gutted to see how NZ just choked!!

Straight from the off, they just were going at it like a normal game, not the Semi-final of the World Cup.

The Aussies were up for it, and credit were its do, they were playing with determination and grit. England won;t have a better chance to win it now, but the French have peaked at the right time, so should be great game.

But as for the Kiwis, wouldn't want to be there when they get back to NZ:scared:
Old Nov 15th 2003, 11:02 am
Badge

NZ now have the title of chokers BIG TIME.

(More so than England, I would say). ;-)

I will be supporting the England TEAM as I have been watching them all my life - but if Australia win, I'll be happy for my new COUNTRY.

Badge

Old Nov 15th 2003, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

I couldn't believe how psyched up the Wallabies were fo this match. They played amazingly well and I think (grudgingly) we have to give them the credit for stopping NZ from getting in thier stride.

I hope we stuff the french because if we do our next door neighbour is having a final party and although I'll be supporting England all the way I'm still gonna go round in my Wallabies shirt and wind a few people up!!

Old Nov 15th 2003, 11:41 am
plumber39

I agree , we must beat those surrender monkey's convincingly tomorrow too have any chance of putting the ozzie's to the sword!.

The plumber, and yes we did kill Joan of Arc, oh and poison Napoleon on the Island of Alder!

Last edited by plumber39; Nov 15th 2003 at 11:44 am.

Old Nov 15th 2003, 12:11 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by badgersmount I will be supporting the England TEAM as I have been watching them all my life - but if Australia win, I'll be happy for my new COUNTRY.

Badge

I have to say that although I don't really care that much for sport I most definitely want England to beat France and then beat the Wallabies.
Just so I can gloat at work.
The guys in the office are always prepared to gloat when England have been beaten at something by Aus. Usually they just get blank stares from me because I was not even aware that whatever match they are talking about was even going on - that tends to piss them off.

But for the Rugby I made the mistake early on of mentioning that I thought England could win the cup and have had to put up with some stick. If we beat them I will be dragging it up in conversation for months.
Old Nov 15th 2003, 12:27 pm
WBB

in a weird sort of way i hope england win the final, at least then the welsh can say they were beaten by the champions.

Old Nov 15th 2003, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

No win situation, england win and you get resented.
Aus win and you get crucified.

Paul.
Old Nov 15th 2003, 12:33 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

It's stuffing the Frogs that matters now. To put people in the mood go to www.google.co.uk and type in 'French military victories' in the search box. Then click on 'I'm feeling lucky' and go on from there. Tis most amusing.

Old Nov 15th 2003, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Kenand Nel is an unknown quantity at this point

Please God, let it be France to win the World Cup.

There is only one thing worse than a gloating Australian and that is a gloating Englishman.
Oh and France have been very impressive all the way through...

Allez France!!!!!
Old Nov 15th 2003, 12:38 pm
AWOL

Were Scotland in the World Cup?
Old Nov 15th 2003, 12:41 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Kentish Man
It's stuffing the Frogs that matters now. To put people in the mood go to www.google.co.uk and type in 'French military victories' in the search box. Then click on 'I'm feeling lucky' and go on from there. Tis most amusing.

lol that is unreal, a true googlism.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.