Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia is rubbish you know

Wikiposts

Australia is rubbish you know

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 3:00 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia is rubbish you know

Originally posted by kong
If I want hot weather I can get a cheapo 2 week med break, the summers over there crap on the Aussie humid wet heat. The beer and food is better too,
man ! your full of pish !!!!!!
been to the med twice. your right the weather was good, but i dont want it only for 2 weeks.
the food ?????? i was ill for most of the second holiday.
the beer???? all beers are much the same after youve had a few and if u want a wee half, at least u dont need to watch the ice in your drink:scared:
as for the loud mouths, this just seems to point at u. i dont get all the sh!t u get mate.
theres one thing about australians ive noticed. they can spot a diddy a mile off!!!!
remind u of anything
one last point.
i would do anything in the world for my kids, so what makes u think i would take my kids away from everything and everyone they know because life will be much worse for them
your just one of the reasons we left the uk:lecture:
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 3:03 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Cardos
OK, just read this post, please could one of the experts comment on this as I am REALLY freakin out now, our whole future looks to be going down the toilet.

PLEASE help
dont worry, your new. we get peeps like this sometimes
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 3:10 am
Forum Regular

Cardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to all

Originally posted by soapy
dont worry, your new. we get peeps like this sometimes
Hi Soapy,

Sorry m8 I wasnt taking Kong's uhmmmm 'observations' into account, I was just having a laugh @ the original post.

Your right on though.....a glass half empty kind of guy perhaps?

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 3:12 am
Master of verbal pish©

Hi Soapy,

Sorry m8 I wasnt taking Kong's uhmmmm 'observations' into account, I was just having a laugh @ the original post.

Your right on though.....a glass half empty kind of guy perhaps?

oh no, dont mention beer to him again
oh and welcome to the forum
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

Cardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to allCardos is a name known to all

Originally posted by soapy
oh no, dont mention beer to him again
oh and welcome to the forum
Cheers fella, much appreciated.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 10:58 am
wombat42

Originally posted by kong
Sure the weather is great if you enjoy long hot humid summers with sudden violent storms that take your roof flying towards NZ.
The self igniting bushland is also a fantastic part of the scorching summer temps. If I want hot weather I can get a cheapo 2 week med break, the summers over there crap on the Aussie humid wet heat. The beer and food is better too, plus you dont have to put up with loud mouthed Aussies constantly telling you how lucky you are to be there.
Perhaps people immigrate to Australia to advoid lould mouth people like you telling them how lucky they are to be in the UK.
Tasmania is a fantasic place to live, it has spectacular coastal and mountain scenery, half it is national parks, it has the cleanist and most pure unpolluted air in the world, apparantly they sell bottles of their air to the Japanese and the water in most of the rivers is clean enough to drink. It has four seasons and the weather does'nt get too hot in summer, but is still warm enough to go swimming. The only downside is because of its small population there is less job opportunities then on the mainland.

Last edited by wombat42; Jul 3rd 2004 at 11:24 am.

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 12:28 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by teach
We all have our reasons for going. I bet most including us are going for the same sorts of reasons
Sarah
Deportation for me
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

celwyne is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Australia is rubbish you know

OK, just read this post, please could one of the experts comment on this as I am REALLY freakin out now, our whole future looks to be going down the toilet.

PLEASE help
Hi Cardos, I have lived in Brisbane, Brissie, BrisVegas .. the list is endless, for nearly 6 yrs and the below are some of the reasons I love living here:

-I am off work this week, and today at 13:00 cycled for 40k round Bris river. It was 25c with a breeze and a clear blue sky. This is winter! There isn't often a breeze.

-I can get in my car and drive for an hour and 10 minutes, north to the coast or the hinterland around Noosa which is beautiful.

-For a few hundred dollars I can get on a plane from Brissie and fly to Cairns, have a few beers, go a bit further north and do rain forest walks, go for a swim and go to the reef. Or I could fly to Sydney go to galleries, to Manley on the ferry for a swim (a bit cool now maybe) or just have a few more beers.

-I can get in my car and drive for 1 hr 45mins to Byron and watch Wales as they pass by the most easterly pt of Aus, chill out in Byron and have some food, and once a year go to 'Splendor in the Grass', a festival where last year Coldplay, Powderfinger etc played.

-I can stay at home and chill out and watch possums jumping round in trees while I have yet another beer.

-When at work I can grab some lunch and sit in a park with mates and chill out in the sun. Spaces outside are not hard to find.

-Storms are great as long as you do not loose a roof. They are fantastic to watch, makes you realise you are alive I think.

-When I fly into Brissie from being away I can get a train or a cab easily home. When I get into Heathrow I have to drag my luggage up 20 escalators as often some do not work and spend hours waiting for trains to get to see my family. Brisbane seems a lot easier to live in sometimes and I always smile to myself when I get off the plane.

There are always good and bad sides to where ever you live, and sometimes it takes a good year to break your 'habits' and see some of the really good things where you have moved too.

I have only just started with this site, wish I had looked at in the past. I think you will find there are many other people for loads of various reasons who are really glad that they made the move. The only way to find out is to try for yourself.

Madsad your mail made me laugh mate. How true. I don't need a pool anyhow as I prefer the coast. Although this summer I did keep going round to a mates for a week who had one and one day filled the shower bowl with water and sat in it.

Cheers Cel
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 9:14 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

What the guy above said. Can't wait to do some of the stuff Celwyne mentioned.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 10:24 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by celwyne
Hi Cardos, I have lived in Brisbane, Brissie, BrisVegas .. the list is endless, for nearly 6 yrs and the below are some of the reasons I love living here:

-I am off work this week, and today at 13:00 cycled for 40k round Bris river. It was 25c with a breeze and a clear blue sky. This is winter! There isn't often a breeze.

-I can get in my car and drive for an hour and 10 minutes, north to the coast or the hinterland around Noosa which is beautiful.

-For a few hundred dollars I can get on a plane from Brissie and fly to Cairns, have a few beers, go a bit further north and do rain forest walks, go for a swim and go to the reef. Or I could fly to Sydney go to galleries, to Manley on the ferry for a swim (a bit cool now maybe) or just have a few more beers.

-I can get in my car and drive for 1 hr 45mins to Byron and watch Wales as they pass by the most easterly pt of Aus, chill out in

Byron and have some food, and once a year go to 'Splendor in the Grass', a festival where last year Coldplay, Powderfinger etc played.

-I can stay at home and chill out and watch possums jumping round in trees while I have yet another beer.

-When at work I can grab some lunch and sit in a park with mates and chill out in the sun. Spaces outside are not hard to find.

-Storms are great as long as you do not loose a roof. They are fantastic to watch, makes you realise you are alive I think.

-When I fly into Brissie from being away I can get a train or a cab easily home. When I get into Heathrow I have to drag my luggage up 20 escalators as often some do not work and spend hours waiting for trains to get to see my family. Brisbane seems a lot easier to live in sometimes and I always smile to myself when I get off the plane.

There are always good and bad sides to where ever you live, and sometimes it takes a good year to break your 'habits' and see some of the really good things where you have moved too.

I have only just started with this site, wish I had looked at in the past. I think you will find there are many other people for loads of various reasons who are really glad that they made the move. The only way to find out is to try for yourself.

Madsad your mail made me laugh mate. How true. I don't need a pool anyhow as I prefer the coast. Although this summer I did keep going round to a mates for a week who had one and one day filled the shower bowl with water and sat in it.

Cheers Cel
im glad you enjoyed the post!! welcome to the site, enjoy.