Australia post

Old May 28th 2008, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

ozoz will become famous soon enoughozoz will become famous soon enough
Default Australia post

Hi a little help i sent a postal order worth 300 bucks for tra amaizingly, the thing is the letter with the money has gone missing although not cashed yet. I spoke to the helpline and it will take 3weeks to do an investigation or 4weeks to get my postal order money back is there a ombusman or something else i can do to speed up the process. And find exactly where my letter and money has actually ended up and yes the letter was registered post
Old May 28th 2008, 2:53 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Australia post

Originally Posted by ozoz
Hi a little help i sent a postal order worth 300 bucks for tra amaizingly, the thing is the letter with the money has gone missing although not cashed yet. I spoke to the helpline and it will take 3weeks to do an investigation or 4weeks to get my postal order money back is there a ombusman or something else i can do to speed up the process. And find exactly where my letter and money has actually ended up and yes the letter was registered post
Sorry to hear that. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. Might have been nicked, and the thieves are just biding their time to cash it.

You need the Commonwealth Ombudsman. Click here for details and contact information.

Good luck.
Old May 29th 2008, 9:54 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia post

Originally Posted by ozoz
There is also the possibility that the letter etc has fallen down behind a mail-sorting machine (yes, it does happen). If, for whatever reason this has happened, they will only look if the machine has broken down, due the the fact that it runs virtually non-stop. Pollyana (my OH) posted a letter the day she left her flat in Brighton to come over here. 3 1/2 months later we got it, surprisingly shortly after the machine brokedown (she was working as a casual leading up to Christmas at the time it brokedown).
Also it may have been delivered, but not processed or delivered to the wrong person or address (yes, that happens quite frequently too).

Last edited by The Bloke; May 29th 2008 at 9:56 am.