Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia now an "angry nation"

Wikiposts

Australia now an "angry nation"

Old Nov 2nd 2003, 9:16 pm
tennisoz

Originally posted by Goodpubmisser

You know when I went to Canberra I found it very difficult to take it seriously - a town the size of my home town in England that has to have its own car registration, drivers licence, education system, video censorship etc etc.
Just to put another slant on this from the vitriolic postings going on! In Scotland there were 9 education authorities, 9 police forces, 9 fire brigades etc, etc. Then they re-organised local government and increased the number of education authorities, police forces, fire brigades etc! They did the same in England and Wales (I have the new local government map in front of me and I'm not going to count the number of authorities in E & W but it looks between 50 and 100 to me as there are 33 in Greater London alone).

So they have 2 territories and 6 states in Australia with separate systems for some things and you find that difficult to take seriously? True they have a single system for some things in the UK (eg drivers licence, car registration) but just accept that Australia is organised differently.

I've been looking at someone else's 'tripe' about Canberra is meant to be mid-way between Sydney and Melbourne but it isn't The point with Canberra is because of the rivalry between the former colonies of NSW and Vic it was decided to locate the new national capital (with a territory around it) somewhere that wasn't Sydney or Melbourne (not mid-way). Witness the bickering between London and Birmingham over the siting of the new Wembley as evidence that regional and city rivalries happen everywhere.

TennisOz

Old Nov 2nd 2003, 9:41 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Whats with all the dissapearing posts? As i said before it vanished.....What about Johnathan Edwards? Is he still the tripple jump record holder?
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 9:54 pm
WBB

Originally posted by PeteY
Whats with all the dissapearing posts?
mmm i had posted here and that post has vanished....

what is going on?

Old Nov 2nd 2003, 9:58 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a moderator has been at work & Goodpubmissers nastiness & posts have been deleted. With any luck, the member might go the same way
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 9:59 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

me toooooooooo

can understand why though some of it was getting HEAVY
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 10:00 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Mrs.D posted as i was posting- i was replyng to P and WBB
Old Nov 2nd 2003, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

I take it I've missed something while I've been out this evening!!