Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia......The New Leather Trousers?

Australia......The New Leather Trousers?

Old Mar 4th 2004, 5:40 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough
Default Australia......The New Leather Trousers?

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed just how many people seem to be emmigrating to Aus.
There must be more people going now than ever before (I'd like to see the official figures)
So this got me thinking, with all the easy access we have to information nowadays (with t'internet) more and more people are being encouraged to upsticks.
I reckon the average age of would be migrants must be between 35-45, most with children.
So are we all having a major Mid Life Crisis!!
Instead of joining the gym, buying leather trousers and going to disco's, now we go to Australia!!
Old Mar 4th 2004, 7:07 pm
WBB

Default Re: Australia......The New Leather Trousers?

Originally posted by pompeywill
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed just how many people seem to be emmigrating to Aus.
There must be more people going now than ever before (I'd like to see the official figures)
So this got me thinking, with all the easy access we have to information nowadays (with t'internet) more and more people are being encouraged to upsticks.
I reckon the average age of would be migrants must be between 35-45, most with children.
Instead of joining the gym, buying leather trousers and going to disco's, now we go to Australia!!
i would take a guess that the average age was a tad lower then 40.
anyone got any figures on this?

Old Mar 4th 2004, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

PT Labs did a poll a couple of weeks ago.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 7:29 pm
WBB

Originally posted by debsy
PT Labs did a poll a couple of weeks ago.
but that would just represent this forum, i was wondering if there were any official figures?

Old Mar 4th 2004, 7:31 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

This sort of post seems to crop up every week or two

There are less migrating now than a few years ago and there are plenty migrating the other way.
Try doing a search and you will see what I mean.

G
Old Mar 4th 2004, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
i would take a guess that the average age was a tad lower then 40.
anyone got any figures on this?
A long, long, time ago (14 years!) , when I emigrated, the average 'emigrant' was a 2 adult, 2 child family - average age of man was ~32.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Emigration to Oz from UK reached a peak after WWII (in '50s?). Today life Down Under is more televised etc. If you're considering/are going - perhaps you may be more aware of people talking about it??
Old Mar 4th 2004, 7:43 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Grayling

There are less migrating now than a few years ago and there are plenty migrating the other way.

G
have you got any figures to support that?

Old Mar 4th 2004, 7:46 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
have you got any figures to support that?
Not to hand but we have been here before.
Do you have any to disprove it?

G
Old Mar 4th 2004, 7:49 pm
WBB

Not to hand but we have been here before.
Do you have any to disprove it?

G
i was only asking

i cant remember these threads cropping up every week maybe on the return to UK site?

Old Mar 4th 2004, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

G
Oz government has set up an inquiry to see why so many (mainly profesionals) are leaving.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 7:53 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

People are leaving Australia, others moving in.
People are leaving the UK, others are moving in.
The world is on the move, it's part of living in a global economy.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 8:09 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally posted by WBB
i was only asking

i cant remember these threads cropping up every week maybe on the return to UK site?
Maybe not every week but there have been a few

Time seems to fly by while you are waiting

G
Old Mar 4th 2004, 9:12 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

The point I was trying to make wasn't really about average age of migrants, that was just a passing comment.
Its just do you reckon that with all the info so readily available more people are going that previously would never of considered the move.
I'm not sure I would have come this far without all the help I've had from people,
as I dont know anyone in Aus
I'm surprised to hear that the actual amount of people migrating is LOWER than in previous years.
It seems everyone I speak to is either going, thinking of going or knows someone thats going.
It seems to me that there are a lot of people disallusioned with the UK at present.(myself included)
Old Mar 4th 2004, 9:58 pm
WBB

I'm surprised to hear that the actual amount of people migrating is LOWER than in previous years.
It seems everyone I speak to is either going, thinking of going or knows someone thats going.
It seems to me that there are a lot of people disallusioned with the UK at present.(myself included)
i would agree with that, i would like to see some official figures to see how many migrants there are today compared to the past, also the demographics etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.