Australia move

Old Jun 24th 2013, 8:41 am
Just Joined

Vicky1791 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australia move

Hi there to all the expats that have moved to Australia, I'm new to site and still trying to find out how it all works. I have been reading some of the entries posted about moving to Darwin up in the north as my husband has a job lined up, we are hopefully going to be emigrating in January 2014 which I am looking forward to but would also like more information about the place as every thing I have found on the web is either aimed at holiday makers or back packers. I have enjoyed reading Gordie Mandy's blogs as they have given me some insight about what life if really like and would appreciate any more info or tips that people have. My family and I have never been to Australia before and my husbands company who his new job would be with is sending us over for a brief visit next month. I would like to here good and bad sides of any experiences so I can get an overall view, I understand from what people have written that the cost of living is expensive, the weather can be difficult to get used to and some people struggle with the insects. Have people found it easy to may new friends and any tips they may have on this, any info good or bad would be appreciated
Old Jun 24th 2013, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia move

Hi Vicky and Welcome to BE.

I have moved this to the main Australia forum for you, where you'll hopefully get some informative answers to your questions.

Good luck!
Old Jun 24th 2013, 12:50 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia move

Hi Vicky,

Can't help you as I am in the US, but I just wanted to stop by and welcome you to BE!

Sounds like you are doing your research and I'm sure you will find BE a wealth of info, everyone is great at sharing tips and experiences here.