Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia migration...DIY or agent what did you do??

Australia migration...DIY or agent what did you do??

Old Oct 19th 2004, 3:23 pm
a clear conscience is the

heleng is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australia migration...DIY or agent what did you do??

We wanr to migrate to australia as a teacher and family would you advise the use of an agent (at what cost??) or DIY any views greatly received

Helen
Old Oct 19th 2004, 3:31 pm
A Bored of waiting member

stephenwhite68 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Australia migration...DIY or agent what did you do??

Originally Posted by heleng
We wanr to migrate to australia as a teacher and family would you advise the use of an agent (at what cost??) or DIY any views greatly received

Helen
Personally we used an Agent and she was worth every penny (if just for the reassurance every day)
depends on what your situation is and how much you want to be involved in all the process ....
her name is Annie Weir and she works for Global Visas
Old Oct 19th 2004, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by stephenwhite68
Personally we used an Agent and she was worth every penny (if just for the reassurance every day)
depends on what your situation is and how much you want to be involved in all the process ....
her name is Annie Weir and she works for Global Visas
Stephen can I be rude and ask approx how much it cost
Old Oct 19th 2004, 3:52 pm

Stephen can I be rude and ask approx how much it cost
No worries sent you a PM
Old Oct 19th 2004, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by stephenwhite68
No worries sent you a PM
Stephen I had my pop up blocker on could you do it again
Old Oct 19th 2004, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

JoGrist is an unknown quantity at this point

Helen
Hi Helen

Well we did it ourselves on a skilled migration and got through, but I would say that a good migration agent is worth their weight in gold, especially if you have any doubt about meeting the criteria or which visa you would qualify for. Costs range from about £1000 to £2000 for a skilled migration, but can be more for other visas like business visas.

I hope this helps.

Jo Grist
www.gristinternational.com
Old Oct 19th 2004, 4:01 pm

Stephen I had my pop up blocker on could you do it again
ok sent it again

S
Old Oct 19th 2004, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Dont use Migration Bureau! we was using them and now we are doing a DIY :scared: make sure you find the right agent, ask about on here for some that are recommended.

Good luck

Sue2
Old Oct 19th 2004, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Helen
Well - if you're organised,patient and your case is straight forward then you could do it yourself. It's all pretty "normal" stuff, and of course this forum is of huge help. On the other hand, if you can "spare" the money, then it takes a huge amount of pressure off you.

We did it ourselves (STNI SA) and have completed meds, so now (hopefully) it's all plain sailing from now on.
Old Oct 19th 2004, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

I agree if you are straight forward or even if not but meticulous you can do it yourself just by finding and being on this site shows you are addicted driven etc etc and those are the main qual ities you need we had sent ours off before we found this site but I have read many peoples questions and answers so you will not be alone with your questions the folk on here are brill (I may change my advice though if the coveted yellow envelope does not contain the right news if and when it finally arrives)
good luck what ever you chose
bets wishes Mary
Old Oct 19th 2004, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

Because ours was a spouse visa it was dead simple. Lots and lots of work but very easy all said and done. However, couldn't have done it without some excellent advice and help from others on various forums. The forums really kept me sane and a small amount of my hair is even still its natural colour! :scared:

However, had it been any less straightforward I would have had to go with an agent I think. It's the smallest things which drive you nuts, and the experience of these people is invaluable. Although there are a number of agents floating around on here and other forums who are wonderful (and generous) with advice.

I think it's a case of paying attention to detail and reading EVERYTHING ten times so you really know what they're asking.
Old Oct 19th 2004, 8:27 pm
India-M'chester-Syd('05)

base_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant future
Wink Re: Australia migration...DIY or agent what did you do??

Originally Posted by marysidey
I agree if you are straight forward or even if not but meticulous you can do it yourself just by finding and being on this site shows you are addicted driven etc etc and those are the main qual ities you need we had sent ours off before we found this site but I have read many peoples questions and answers so you will not be alone with your questions the folk on here are brill (I may change my advice though if the coveted yellow envelope does not contain the right news if and when it finally arrives)
good luck what ever you chose
bets wishes Mary
We did everything ouselves, didnt even know exitence of this site then.....................we have got our resident visa...........going to sydney next mar
Old Oct 19th 2004, 8:45 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Helen
Helen,

it all depends on how hard / complex your applicarion is. If it's strait forward then do it yourself and save the money. If it's complex and you can't get the support you need from here then get an agent.

I did ours and last time I checked I'm no genious! :scared:
Now where is oz in europe?

Bye
mark
Old Oct 19th 2004, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

We did it ourselves because my parents got a retirement visa on their own. We thought it they can do it in their 70s how can we say we couldn't! Just takes a bit of research but saves a lot of money.
Old Oct 19th 2004, 9:54 pm

Hiya everyone

I am sooo glad I have come across this site, am at at the very early stage of collecting my documents for a qualification assessment. I have some questions for anyone with a little time
1. Is there anything else I can do while I wait for the assessment to go through.
2. What is a hard/easy case?? I am a science teacher, my hubby is skilled also. I have three kids 16,15 and 4.
3. There seems to be a 101 visas and ways to get in, anyone advise me on which route I should take.
4. Sorry last one!! Would I have to get a job from this end??

Pleeeeeeease help

Thanks to you all

Helen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.