Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia Immigration

Australia Immigration

Old Dec 24th 2002, 8:38 am
manish_deshmukh

Default Australia Immigration

I have submitted my application for immigration in Skilled immigration - Electrical Engineer and Hope to get thru in an year or so. Just to start with collecting the information on living standard and expences. Can any one give guide line for monthly expences for the family of 2+1 child.

Presently I am staying in UAE, Monthly expences here are of the order of AUD 2500 all inclusive,

Manish

Old Dec 24th 2002, 8:59 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia Immigration

Originally posted by manish_deshmukh
Can any one give guide line for monthly expences for the family of 2+1 child.

Presently I am staying in UAE, Monthly expences here are of the order of AUD 2500 all inclusive,

Manish
It does depend where in Australia you intend to settle that will affect the level of salary you can expect and general living costs - ie the main one being housing.

A question on costs for living in Brisbane has recently been asked by scrawni, with several replies that should give you guidance.

There are also several websites for estate agents that you can get an idea of size of housing for cost (renting or buying).
Old Dec 24th 2002, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Stan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant future

Mercer's Cost of Living survey http://www.imercer.com/International...g_rankings.asp gave Dubai an indicies of 75.6 compared to 62.2 for Sydney and 50.2 for Brisbane in the year 2002.

Doing the maths suggests 18-33% average reduction in cost relative to Dubai. Of course you'll need to compare salaries as well.