Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia House sent back my passport photos with no explaination?

Australia House sent back my passport photos with no explaination?

Old Dec 21st 2003, 9:37 am
Melbourne, St Kilda

joninoxford will become famous soon enough
Default Australia House sent back my passport photos with no explaination?

Hi there,
Two weeks ago my Australian girlfriend and I sent about our De Facto partner migration visa application, and we just had confirmation asking for a Prepaid Special Delivery envelope and for us to fill in a Migration Settlement Information form (address in Australia, city of intended destination, Engish speaking skills etc) which we had already sent, but filled in again anyway just in case. But also in the envelope were all 4 of my passport photos I had sent with no mention of them in the letter. Do they just scan them in or was it a mistake? I thought they would need them to stick onto the visa. Anybody else had this? Cheers!
Old Dec 21st 2003, 12:53 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

only thing I can think off-Did you sign the back of them as requested in forms?
Old Dec 21st 2003, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,You did`nt smile in them by any chance?They`re a bunch of miserable bastards down there so they probably would`nt like that!!
Old Dec 21st 2003, 1:37 pm
WBB

Originally posted by jockney
Hi,You did`nt smile in them by any chance?They`re a bunch of miserable bastards down there so they probably would`nt like that!!

i look like i've just been told the dollar is 1/1 with the pound in mine.

Old Dec 21st 2003, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Chunky is an unknown quantity at this point

I had to go and get mine re-done.
The first set, i looked at them and thought..........."F*****g hell, i wouldn't let myself in :scared: lol ). the next set were ok.

Had the interview last week, took some extra id just in-case, she photocopied them and sent them off to london.Then, yesterday, i get a letter in the post asking me to send in the appropriate id documents or i wont be accepted.....................like, australian birth certificate ( original ) , British passport ( original ), wedding certificate and mortgage statement ( both copied in manchester ) are not enough...............

About to write them a really shitty e-mail.

Paul