Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia - a hairy-arsed place?

Australia - a hairy-arsed place?

Old May 22nd 2005, 5:53 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Australia - a hairy-arsed place?

Originally Posted by Don
.... and you'd better not mention ballet dancing for the sprogs....
Why would you want to teach your sperm to do ballet

A.
Old May 22nd 2005, 5:57 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
And what part of QLD and when ?
Mostly Cairns-based but up & down a couple of times in the car to Brissie and back country a bit as well.
Old May 22nd 2005, 6:02 am
Don
Banned

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
Why would you want to teach your sperm to do ballet

A.
You've got me there, all I understand by 'sprog' is child, kid, youngster, minor, shaver, nipper, small fry, tiddler, tike, tyke, nestling or my usual term ' chimp'.

If you Aussies call your sperm sprogs, it's a new usage and you need to alert the dictionary people.
Old May 22nd 2005, 6:03 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Don
4 months and in truth I met more Deliverance-type upcountry hicks than chavs, but, after all, I was mostly in Queensland.
Be buggered! Avoid NT, they're cannibals - fond of Viennese Kiwis.
Old May 22nd 2005, 7:08 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Don
You've got me there, all I understand by 'sprog' is child, kid, youngster, minor, shaver, nipper, small fry, tiddler, tike, tyke, nestling or my usual term ' chimp'.

If you Aussies call your sperm sprogs, it's a new usage and you need to alert the dictionary people.
Apparently http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...7&postcount=44

I must admit I hadn't come across it until recently - but then I tend to use kids rather than sprogs.

Cheers
Alistair
PS: Having lived in a couple of places in Continental Europe, I used to get pissed off with the institutionalised corruption (and the fact that the people just seem to accept it). Do you get that problem in Austria (assuming you're still there)?
Old May 22nd 2005, 10:08 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Don
4 months and in truth I met more Deliverance-type upcountry hicks than chavs, but, after all, I was mostly in Queensland.
you must have come out of hibernation, is it summer in central Europe ? and you must be up an ready to Battle the Antipodean anguished, we are ready you of loose lips...... ....... mm
Old May 22nd 2005, 4:55 pm
Don
Banned

Originally Posted by mr mover
you must have come out of hibernation, is it summer in central Europe ? and you must be up an ready to Battle the Antipodean anguished, we are ready you of loose lips...... ....... mm
Why are the Antipodean anguished, as such? Is it because of your 6 am - 6 pm daylight hours? Is it because of your lack of good prepared frozen food? Is it because of your dangerous cancer rates? Is it because of your paltry TimTams which are obviously not as good as Penguins or Wagon Wheels?

Yes: summer began today and I spent all day in the garden watering the grass.
Old May 22nd 2005, 4:59 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Don
Why are the Antipodean anguished, as such? Is it because of your 6 am - 6 pm daylight hours? Is it because of your lack of good prepared frozen food? Is it because of your dangerous cancer rates? Is it because of your paltry TimTams which are obviously not as good as Penguins or Wagon Wheels?

Have you been thrown out of the lounge today?
Old May 22nd 2005, 5:08 pm
Don
Banned

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Have you been thrown out of the lounge today?
No but give me time, woman.
Old May 22nd 2005, 11:00 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Don
Considered commercial fertilizers and the garden hose as a viable alternative?
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:10 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Don

Don i have some Ammonium nitrate here, great on my lawn prehaps with with a bit of diesel oil we could improve your lawn ............ mm
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:41 pm
Life Member

jackisback is on a distinguished road

Don i have some Ammonium nitrate here, great on my lawn prehaps with with a bit of diesel oil we could improve your lawn ............ mm
You're too kind, really.........

Don ,mate , where are you in "Central Europe"? (go find an atlas & pick a country) & we'll take it from there.......

Hope you find a hairy arsed soulmate, he's out there somewhere, hang in their mate
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:53 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Don
Must have been Caboolture, a seriously Deliverence type town.
Old May 23rd 2005, 5:24 pm
Don
Banned

Mr Mover you should sign up with the IRA or the Free Quebec people or possibly even with the Independent Free Nation of Basques movement.

My lawn doesn't need blowing up, kind as your offer might be.