Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia to follow NZ............

View Poll Results: Will Australia go the same why as the NZ goverment have gone with immigration ?
Yes
90.91%
No
9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Australia to follow NZ............

Old Jul 2nd 2003, 9:52 pm
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australia to follow NZ............

NOTE: The poll should read........

Will Australia go the same way as the NZ goverment have gone with immigration ?

I was wondering if Australia may follow NZ in the future with the new changes that has happened with the NZ immigration programme.

I bet Australia in a few years will go the same route as NZ, the aussie may sit back and see what happens first to NZ.

It is a bit werid that APCS seem to be speeding applications up , maybe there is something or nothing why APCS are moving applications faster.

I was expecting my visa (hoping) during Nov, but I;ve just completed my medicals and police checks and understand it only takes 2 months roughly after this to receive the pre-grant letter. Surprisely my application was received in Jan 19th 2003.

Last edited by rapitts; Jul 2nd 2003 at 9:56 pm.
Old Jul 2nd 2003, 9:59 pm
Badge

Default Re: Australia to follow NZ............

I think there may well be..
the issue in Australia is that there is a bit of a "land rush" on at the moment....

badgers

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 12:47 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by rapitts
It is a bit werid that APCS seem to be speeding applications up , maybe there is something or nothing why APCS are moving applications faster.
ASPC are/was struggling to meet their targetted skilled numbers by fiscal year-end last month, which explains why there was a huge spike in productivity there

Good to know that you've benefitted from it.

Peter
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 1:33 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ptlabs
ASPC are/was struggling to meet their targetted skilled numbers by fiscal year-end last month, which explains why there was a huge spike in productivity there

Good to know that you've benefitted from it.

Peter
Having looked at the so called skills to points system what skill is not allowed to have full points .
Australia has 6% unemployment and one of the highest youth unemployment rates in the developed world in what is a boom here .
The door is open wide to lower end skills that most here can do already , the voters will get behind any party who stems immigration not just refugees.

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

I must be the odd man out here. I dont think they will make it restrictive for at least a few years.

They need immigrants, desperately. The population is ageing and we already know there is no way it has enough younger population coming up to support it.

Looking at the immigration regulations of say Canada, similar size/ population they are targeting highly educated people or people with large sums of money or business skills. Oz barely mentions education or money, it just needs people to prop up its elderly ageing population. They dont really target Doctors, scientists etc they want basic workers to prop up the chain. Look at Doctors OZ produces too many but it cant get Doctors and other professions to move out of the Cities and Beach Burbs.

I reckon it will bring in a system where "working class" people are encouraged to come in on the proviso they move into rural/remote areas,(not like English countryside) but places hours from anywhere where they are desperate for workers but no Ozzies want to go there. They already insist their own teachers do remote service so why would they not do it to immigrants?