British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Australia - fantastic performance, great place to live (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/australia-fantastic-performance-great-place-live-118842/)

dpr21 Nov 26th 2002 10:53 pm

Re: Australia - fantastic performance, great place to live

If you had checked your information from the right data collection source..and not a newspaper..

You are just confusing and manipulating your own so called quoted Newspaper facts."London Independent"
.Instead of trying to attack and accuse me of something which you are doing and I am actually not, go and collect the right data, otherwise you'll end up getting it totally wrong again as with Turkey.

Resources -
World Bank.
and
Singapore Gov figures [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Once again you should read the post properly instead of going off half-cocked guns blazing - I quoted 'The Economist' magazine and not the Independent. For anybody who knows anything about economics, world affairs etc this is a highly respected publication - clearly you haven't even heard of it.

Yet again you have caused a plunge in the debate to a level of ignorance/stupidity where your experience will always win out - I GIVE UP!! - you win and are clearly ALWAYS correct.

pommiesheila Nov 26th 2002 10:54 pm

Originally posted by madmancunian
We-ell... if PB has pronounced the Queensland economy to be third world it *must* be true.

Scratching a living?????? Get real.

I've not seen any live-aid concerts set-up to help the poor people of Queensland who are only making the "odd buck here and there". Maybe someone out to point this out to Sir Bob (G*ldhof) so that he can setup a concert right away.

And I've not hearing anyone applying to go and live in Ethopia to have a better standard of living.

Jeez I'm learning so much from this forum. Better rush out and buy a hoe to practice scratching a living from the sun-parched Queensland soil.

I think I'm ready for anything now.

Madmancunian - YOU are in MANCHESTER - I am HERE. I have witnessed the many, many people here desperately trying to earn a decent living - I HAVE "GOT REAL" evidence of this. You, on the other hand, have not...

pommie bastard Nov 26th 2002 11:08 pm

We-ell... if PB has pronounced the Queensland economy to be third world it *must* be true.

Scratching a living?????? Get real.

I've not seen any live-aid concerts set-up to help the poor people of Queensland who are only making the "odd buck here and there". Maybe someone out to point this out to Sir Bob (G*ldhof) so that he can setup a concert right away.

A.

Seeing that Perth is full of Mancunians maybe the World should hold a Manchester Aid Concert, get these good people back where they belong if they would take the Scousers with them all the better.

:D :cool: :beer:

madmancunian Nov 26th 2002 11:58 pm

Uh oh - the sharks are really biting at the bait now.

Wonderful thing this internet thingy - you don't know:

a) how old I am
b) where I have lived
c) were I am currently living
d) where I am going to live, and...
e) whether I'm truely mad or not!

PB your insights are enlightening and entertaining as ever - done your school homework yet?.

pommie bastard Nov 27th 2002 12:39 am

Uh oh - the sharks are really biting at the bait now.

Wonderful thing this internet thingy - you don't know:

a) how old I am
b) where I have lived
c) were I am currently living
d) where I am going to live, and...
e) whether I'm truely mad or not!

PB your insights are enlightening and entertaining as ever - done your school homework yet?.

Ask me if I care , my home work can wait you do not need to do it here its the land of plenty.
Theres no way you are a Man utd fan far to dull even to be one of them.

:cool: :beer:

madmancunian Nov 27th 2002 1:19 am

Ah PB - do I detect a hint of irratation. Don't say I've ruffled your 'feathers' - and you thought it was only you who were allowed to trample over other peoples feelings.

Oh dear, a small tear is welling up in my eye - must go and drink six crate-loads of Boddingtons to sort myself out again.

Ceri Nov 27th 2002 1:26 am

Originally posted by dpr21
Once again you should read the post properly instead of going off half-cocked guns blazing - I quoted 'The Economist' magazine and not the Independent. For anybody who knows anything about economics, world affairs etc this is a highly respected publication - clearly you haven't even heard of it.

Yet again you have caused a plunge in the debate to a level of ignorance/stupidity where your experience will always win out - I GIVE UP!! - you win and are clearly ALWAYS correct.

Excuse me!! Mr/Ms you sure know how to manipulate the truth!.
I plunge in??... whoa ! :rolleyes:
You were the one who plunged in at me! I see you are suffering from a slight lapse in your memory. (check back to my first post on this matter, you jumped in on me)
You said Turkey was Number one did you not??? and you also said I was wrong with China did you not??

Well China has been the "worlds fastest growing economy in the " developing nations table, for the past few decades.
And if you knew anything about it, you should be smart enough to go and check the right organisations for yourself, the ones who comply the world league charts, and not just believe in Media sources before doing your own research. Don't try and change this around on me. You were the one who got up on their "high horse" and jumped in at me, telling me that Turkey was Number one, and telling me I was wrong with China.. so don't even try that one, and twist this around.

It may interest you to know that it's USA, Japan, France then the UK who are the Developed worlds fastest...which actually sounds a lot more realistic to me! Also, even the World Bank will not say "fact'.. it is always estimated figures, because the information given to them for the year, is as only as honest as the country who has supplied it.

But hey you stick to your "respected" publications (it was only a survey)
Call me ignorant,but I think I'll stick to the recognised World organisations, who actually comply the league tables on the economic growth.

pommie bastard Nov 27th 2002 1:43 am

Ah PB - do I detect a hint of irratation. Don't say I've ruffled your 'feathers' - and you thought it was only you who were allowed to trample over other peoples feelings.

Oh dear, a small tear is welling up in my eye - must go and drink six crate-loads of Boddingtons to sort myself out again.

Not at all if you are in UK I take that either you are on night shift or just a internet junkie to be around at this time.? no chance of a crate or two of the amber nector to drought stricken Perth.

Don Nov 27th 2002 1:53 am

Hey Pommie - going to the cricket on Friday? Should be at least 3 days to sink a few.

Cheers - Don

dpr21 Nov 27th 2002 2:00 am

Originally posted by Ceri
You are totally wrong on your so called facts, and it is obvious you know very little about it.

Where do you think they (The Economist) get their facts from ....?? OOPs sorry: I know nothing, in fact so little that I almost forgot that you are always correct SO SORRY!!!!!

madmancunian Nov 27th 2002 2:15 am

Hey PB - you are a warm fizzy beer man - what the blue-blazes are you doing in Oz? Stick your Four-X outside for a couple of minutes, add a couple of those tastless throat louzenges, and hey presto - warm english beer.

I'll try sending a crate a beer with the Red Cross for you drought-stricken Perth(-onians?), but last time I tried sending a crate it got drunk in customs before it left the UK. They mentioned something about it failing Oz quaranteen requirements.

dotty Nov 27th 2002 2:17 am

Sadly the Live Aid concert may not be such a joke. The government is pleading for ordinary people to contribute to a fund to help support tens of thousands of farmers whose livehood has completely dried up and not expected to recover. Drought will cost this country billions in welfare payments alone, a lot of money to Australias Taxpayers. Never mind the lost export business.

Now wait for the Bushfires, with the drought and extreme heat predicted this summer they will be the worse ever and we have to borrow fire fighting equipment from the USA for goodness sake!

If any Bob Geldofs want to help out I am sure little Johnnie H will be most grateful.

It is ironic, to the British the sun is a wonderful thing that you sunbake and BBQ under, but in Australia it is a severe and intense menace that is destroying it very land and economy, not to mention your health.

pommie bastard Nov 27th 2002 3:02 am

Hey PB - you are a warm fizzy beer man - what the blue-blazes are you doing in Oz? Stick your Four-X outside for a couple of minutes, add a couple of those tastless throat louzenges, and hey presto - warm english beer.

I'll try sending a crate a beer with the Red Cross for you drought-stricken Perth(-onians?), but last time I tried sending a crate it got drunk in customs before it left the UK. They mentioned something about it failing Oz quaranteen requirements.

Never drink Aussie beer without a peg on my nose , best selling Beers in Perth are Brit beers even Boddies on tap here.
The best Pubs also try to be British , the Aussies stick to dark corners in dives that make a down market working mans club look good.

pommiesheila Nov 27th 2002 3:06 am

Madmancunian - time for you to do YOUR homework - in particular, your spelling needs serious attention - quarantine - never mind, you'll fit in here no doubt, most ozzies can't spell either...

pommiesheila Nov 27th 2002 3:07 am

Oh, forgot to mark your other homework - please write out ten times:
Lozenges
tasteless
and by the way, proper nouns are usually spelt with capitals...