Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia Expo - Earls Court

Australia Expo - Earls Court

Old Oct 23rd 2004, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Australia Expo - Earls Court

Hi All

We will be travelling up on Saturday afternoon and will hopfully be there for the 7pm meet would someone who is going to that mind pming me with their mobile number and I'll text you when we arrive, we would love to meet up and maybe even have a mid morning coffee in the expo on Sunday.

Thanks

Lindsey
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 9:33 am
Just Joined

PinkGlam is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Logged onto the Forum yesterday for the first time in ages as have been away and first thread I saw was this one, thanks for the info and we are definately going but can only make the sunday.

Are any of you going on the sunday as it would be great to meet up with as many of you as poss who are in the same situation.

Also, I found a website yesterday, can't remember where it is now but the door price was £6.

cheers
Michelle
Old Oct 23rd 2004, 4:18 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PinkGlam
Hello,

Logged onto the Forum yesterday for the first time in ages as have been away and first thread I saw was this one, thanks for the info and we are definately going but can only make the sunday.

Are any of you going on the sunday as it would be great to meet up with as many of you as poss who are in the same situation.

Also, I found a website yesterday, can't remember where it is now but the door price was £6.

cheers
Michelle
hi

we are hopefully going on both days, so we will meet anyone on both days.

Does anyone know if its £6 per day or £6 and ticket is valid for both days????

laura
x
Old Oct 24th 2004, 12:20 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
hi

we are hopefully going on both days, so we will meet anyone on both days.

Does anyone know if its £6 per day or £6 and ticket is valid for both days????

laura
x
Would it be possible for someone to give a summary of what it was like after you've been? I can't afford to go, so any info, especially on whether it was worth while, would be much appreciated.
Old Oct 24th 2004, 10:11 am

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Would it be possible for someone to give a summary of what it was like after you've been? I can't afford to go, so any info, especially on whether it was worth while, would be much appreciated.

no probs tony, there will be sure to be a post on it, if not i'll PM you or PM me to remind me and i'll fill you in...

laura
x
Old Oct 24th 2004, 1:26 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Thpinkpussycat and I may be there. I would like to know who will be there first though. Any ideas? It was just going to be me from a work perspective but if a load are staying over I may bring the family as it would be good to meet up
Old Oct 24th 2004, 2:20 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

no probs tony, there will be sure to be a post on it, if not i'll PM you or PM me to remind me and i'll fill you in...

laura
x
Thanks Laura, much appreciated!
Old Oct 24th 2004, 2:26 pm
Account Closed

Just one bit of advice to all concerned.

Bringing young kids to the expo may not be a good idea. I went to the migration fair a few weeks ago and was constantly dodging bored and screaming kids. I don't think they'll find it very interesting somehow.

This is especially true if you want to sit and chat with a migration advisor. No kid's going to sit quiet and still for too long then. Even I was getting restless and fidgety wondering when some of them would get to the point.

Just a thought....
Old Oct 24th 2004, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by worzel
Thpinkpussycat and I may be there. I would like to know who will be there first though. Any ideas? It was just going to be me from a work perspective but if a load are staying over I may bring the family as it would be good to meet up

hello

i am going with my partner, we need to go both days as i need to go to nursing stuff and he needs the engineering stuff, so as we live miles away we thought we would dtay in hotel and make a night of it, meet up with anyone who is willing, have a good few drinks and gossip about Auz all night long.....

If you check out previous threads we will be staying at heathrow ibis, to save a bit of dosh, but still meeting up with everyone on the night.

Anyone who is gong and would like to meet up with jonathan and i can just PM me and i'll give you my mobile, as i have lost count now who is going, think there will be loads of us there, will be cool
laura
x
Old Oct 24th 2004, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Just one bit of advice to all concerned.

Bringing young kids to the expo may not be a good idea. I went to the migration fair a few weeks ago and was constantly dodging bored and screaming kids. I don't think they'll find it very interesting somehow.

This is especially true if you want to sit and chat with a migration advisor. No kid's going to sit quiet and still for too long then. Even I was getting restless and fidgety wondering when some of them would get to the point.

Just a thought....

PS

We wont be bringing any kids cos we dont have any, so we can chat and drink to our hearts content
And i think the clocks go back then do they, so i'll have an extra hour in the pub
Old Oct 24th 2004, 5:38 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

PS

We wont be bringing any kids cos we dont have any, so we can chat and drink to our hearts content
And i think the clocks go back then do they, so i'll have an extra hour in the pub

ooh forgot about clocks going back. we wont have kids either as littlun going to granmas house to terrorise her for the night
Old Oct 24th 2004, 7:01 pm
Sydney bound!

JF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the roughJF² is a jewel in the rough

Hi all - me and Mrs JF will be going on Sunday hunting down jobs for this time next year in Sydney!! A year is such a long time eh!!

Would love to share info with anyone over a coffee.
Old Oct 24th 2004, 7:07 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Australia Expo - Earls Court

Originally Posted by PinkGlam
Hello,

cheers
Michelle
Hi Michelle

My hubby, son & I are going on the Sunday ;o)
We are travelling down from Yorkshire on the Saturday & staying over at the Ibis at Earls Court.....
We would love to meet up - We are all going to arrange something for Saturday night and also maybe for coffee on Sunday.
Are you staying overnight or travelling there on the Sunday?
Old Oct 24th 2004, 7:08 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
We are travelling down & staying over at the Ibis at Earls Court.
Decided what you are doing yet??
Old Oct 24th 2004, 7:10 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Originally Posted by kelli28
ooh forgot about clocks going back. we wont have kids either as littlun going to granmas house to terrorise her for the night
Lucky you - my parents are in Aus & my hubbys parents are in Turkey so our likkle terror is coming with us.........

Last edited by Jonahs_mummy; Oct 24th 2004 at 7:11 pm. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.