Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australia Expo 2008

Australia Expo 2008

Old Jan 13th 2008, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all
Default Australia Expo 2008

Who and what is actually going to be there? Is it worth going? Is it worth going with loads of CV's for jobs?

Any had an experience of previous expo's?
Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:02 pm
Its all going south......

betsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of lightbetsyboob is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Australia Expo 2008

emigration gaents, international removal co's, international banking experts, possibly employers. From my experience (i have been to two) it's worth going if you're in the first stages of thinking of going and want to find out about visa's ect. But don't go with CV's etc. from what i've seen any companies attending are looking for people that already have their visa's (ie workingin), unless, possibly if you have a specific line of work,eg nursing that you may be able to get sponsorship.
Hope this helps
Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

steve_and_gill will become famous soon enoughsteve_and_gill will become famous soon enough

They are good for a few gizzits and some nice bits of magazines and possibly some free local papers. They are useful at the first stages, but as said, I don't think the companies are that interested unless you have a visa or maybe willing to for a short term business visa.

However, now we have applied we are thinking it is worth our going as we might be able to get some more info on moving money and shipping, as our thoughts are turning to those kinds of issues.

So we will probably be at the London one in Feb(?)

It is a bit of a rip off though when you consider what you pay and what you get..
Old Jan 13th 2008, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all

Our Visa applkication will be with the Austrlain's by the time the expo comes round in April, hence the reason in asking if its worth going.

Its only an hour from home, so may as well go alone and see if I can get any other additional information.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Simpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really nice

How do I find out where they are being held?
I would be interested in going if there are shippers there, as we'd be looking at shipping over a small amount (personal effects, not furniture etc).