Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussies worlds second highest income earners.

Aussies worlds second highest income earners.

Old Mar 10th 2005, 11:25 pm
wombat42

Thumbs up Aussies worlds second highest income earners.

Some people have been whinging that Aussie wages are low, however Aussies have the second highest disposable income in the world.
Read the link below:

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/st...toryid=2794101

Old Mar 11th 2005, 12:27 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice
Default Re: Aussies worlds second highest income earners.

depends on who you believe.... i wouldn't believe little johny or his sidekick peter

Originally Posted by wombat42
Some people have been whinging that Aussie wages are low, however Aussies have the second highest disposable income in the world.
Read the link below:

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/st...toryid=2794101
Old Mar 11th 2005, 1:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

The whole big beautiful fact about all that goes with this, is that it is spread out in such an egalitarian fashion.

Nice warm weekend coming up in Melbourne, Do I Spend it skiing and fishing with my mate who is taking his inboard speed boat up to Nagambi ? Or around a Workmates house relaxing round the bbq and swimming pool.

Nah, as my wife is working this weekend, I'll probably just spend it at home, Invite a couple of freinds over, go up the road buy a couple of joints of meat, whack erm on a spit, buy a couple of slabs of beer, and relax around my outdoor spa, so I can fully relax whilst looking after the kids.

IE: A typical workers choice for a Melbourne Weekend.

Low wages my arse.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 1:51 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

Low wages my arse.

Youve been watching to many episodes of The Royle Family.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 1:58 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

or maybe:

"oh no, they've run out of home brand bread, i'll have to buy the expensive stuff. aaargh, fuel's over a dollar a litre again. i haven't budgeted for this, how am i gonna pay the home loan"

The whole big beautiful fact about all that goes with this, is that it is spread out in such an egalitarian fashion.

Nice warm weekend coming up in Melbourne, Do I Spend it skiing and fishing with my mate who is taking his inboard speed boat up to Nagambi ? Or around a Workmates house relaxing round the bbq and swimming pool.

Nah, as my wife is working this weekend, I'll probably just spend it at home, Invite a couple of freinds over, go up the road buy a couple of joints of meat, whack erm on a spit, buy a couple of slabs of beer, and relax around my outdoor spa, so I can fully relax whilst looking after the kids.

IE: A typical workers choice for a Melbourne Weekend.

Low wages my arse.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 2:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisnick
or maybe:

"oh no, they've run out of home brand bread, i'll have to buy the expensive stuff. aaargh, fuel's over a dollar a litre again. i haven't budgeted for this, how am i gonna pay the home loan"
Maybe the people, that do come out with that kind of statement/thought patterns should suppliment their incomes, with some of the plentiful parttime work that is around, whilst in the early stages of their mortgage ?

Or is that impossible in that inappropriately nicknamed place called brisvegas ?
Old Mar 11th 2005, 2:24 am
Drunken Aussie

if you need to run two jobs to be able to afford to buy a house then i hardly think you can scoff at the idea that wages are low!

i don't have a house, and i'm not prepared to take a second job to fund one.

and why is brisvegas inappropriate?

Maybe the people, that do come out with that kind of statement/thought patterns should suppliment their incomes, with some of the plentiful parttime work that is around, whilst in the early stages of their mortgage ?

Or is that impossible in that inappropriately nicknamed place called brisvegas ?
Old Mar 11th 2005, 2:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The average wage, in England, and Australia are almost identical, Carve yourself out your own piece of the pie.

Brisvegas is a myth, Las Vegas, goes 24/7/365, Brisbane goes about 18/6/355, and thats being generous.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 2:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Brisvegas is a myth, Las Vegas, goes 24/7/365, Brisbane goes about 18/6/355, and thats being generous.
Are you not an aussie? Thought you were from the name, brisvegas has been around since about the 70's it was a joke when the state used to shut down at 5pm and sundays. Thankfully things have livened up since then.

Back to the thread, on TV this morning, it said 95% of aussie famililes claimed benefits through centerlink to top up their income, 15 billion dollars worth

Also 89% thought tax rates were far too high.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 3:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Might have been funny and well known north of the border, ergo the joke is crap.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 3:38 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Back to the thread, on TV this morning, it said 95% of aussie famililes claimed benefits through centerlink to top up their income, 15 billion dollars worth
That's actually no different to the UK, as the majority of the clams are for FTB, the equivalent of Child Benefit, to which almost all Families are entitled. (probably 95% of all families actually )
In fact, in the UK it would probably be 100%, as there is not an income test on it in the UK.

Old Mar 11th 2005, 4:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
That's actually no different to the UK, as the majority of the clams are for FTB, the equivalent of Child Benefit, to which almost all Families are entitled. (probably 95% of all families actually )
In fact, in the UK it would probably be 100%, as there is not an income test on it in the UK.

You know a lot about this stuff abcd' which makes me suspect that you work closely affiliated to the social services.

Why then didn't I get forms, asking me about my fbt status, for two years in a row, result in me owing bleeding centerlink over 8,000 grand.

Centerlink is one organization that migrants would be well advised to stay clear if one can help it.

I'm never going near them again thats for sure, At least they have the decency to only accept 150 bucks per month, in repayments.

Around 88,000 grand is the cut off point for a rebate for two kids, people need to be advised that most clearly, I dont see that written in big capitals from c'link.

Try asking the same question twice, on two different calls, and you will see exactly what I mean, because I always got a different answer.
Old Mar 11th 2005, 4:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Why then didn't I get forms, asking me about my fbt status, for two years in a row, result in me owing bleeding centerlink over 8,000 grand.

Centerlink is one organization that migrants would be well advised to stay clear if one can help it.

I'm never going near them again thats for sure, At least they have the decency to only accept 150 bucks per month, in repayments.

Around 88,000 grand is the cut off point for a rebate for two kids, people need to be advised that most clearly, I dont see that written in big capitals from c'link.
There is an easy solution, only claim any benefits you are entitled to at the END of the tax year with your tax return, and dont forget to include overseas income, they catch up with you here and always want any overpayments back. Fair enough really.

By claiming at the end of the year, if you are entitled you will receive People are nuts here, they claim the lot then have to pay it back
Old Mar 11th 2005, 4:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

There was no claim involved, afaik, Centerlink started to pay us and 1,000's of others a tax benefit, based on a June tax return. There was a huge furore about this about 2 years ago. Consequently C'link have changed their modus operandi.

I've dismissed this as an interest free loan from them.

I still maintain though, talk about the same problem on two different calls, and you will get two different answers.

Abcd', over to you, thanks ?
Old Mar 11th 2005, 5:05 am
ABCDiamond

You know a lot about this stuff abcd' which makes me suspect that you work closely affiliated to the social services.
<<...>>
Try asking the same question twice, on two different calls, and you will see exactly what I mean, because I always got a different answer.
Actually I don't work, but I do know where to find information, and have the time to do so

I agree with you about Centrelink, and just about any other big organisation, but I think the worst ones are the Tax people. I had a case once where I was told they weren't certain what was payable. On asking what happens if not enough is paid, when they do check it "after the event" , they answered: they could impose interest on the unpaid amount !!

Mind you, after saying all that, I am currently tempted to take a job with the ATO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.