Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie wine in the Uk

Aussie wine in the Uk

Old Oct 12th 2003, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aussie wine in the Uk

Just had sunday lunch with a nice bottle of Banrock Station - they are doing 3 for £10 at Asda at the mo (hick!) and the red is really good. Any other good wine recommendations and where to buy? If you can post the price as well, that would be luvely (hick...)
Larissa
Old Oct 12th 2003, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry love the italian red and white at the moment must have been a good year for them

arlene
Old Oct 12th 2003, 1:43 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Banrock is often cheap at Sainsbury's too - nice drop! Tescos sometimes stock Piper's Brook Tasmanian Chardonnay - thats lovely, but about £7. Also the Tesco megacheap "Australian White" (about £2.50) isn't bad - not special occasion stuff, but OK for an evening by the computer!
Asda do Hardys Sparkling white for about £6-7 too, that goes down very nicely.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

poll

have a spare cap and cat at the moment to start the begging if things get rough

arlene
Old Oct 12th 2003, 1:54 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If I knew where my brother was begging this week I could borrow his "dog on a bit of string"....
Am being taken in tonight by local charity (my mate!), have to take my own beer though! Hope he realises how much abuse his computer is in for over the next 4 days!
Old Oct 12th 2003, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

hey what about hardys, so much per bottle going towards breast cancer research on that one (sorry biased as work on breast ward, come on girls buy a bottle) not a bad bottle of plonk anyway

arlene

going to the free state of adelaide
Old Oct 12th 2003, 2:42 pm
Home and Happy

Sounds good to me, alcohol, and in a good cause. when I've rasied enough in my little begging cap I'll nip in and get some!
Old Oct 12th 2003, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by arlene
hey what about hardys, so much per bottle going towards breast cancer research on that one (sorry biased as work on breast ward, come on girls buy a bottle) not a bad bottle of plonk anyway

arlene

Must admit, I love Hardys reds, but my favourite is Rosemount Estate, especially the Shiraz ......mmmhhhmm!!! Costs about £5 a bottle, so good value too. Also love Oxford Landing..
Old Oct 12th 2003, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

mmmnn mmmmnn mmmmnnn

arlene
Old Oct 12th 2003, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

mmmnn mmmmnn mmmmnnn

arlene
Love just about every Australian wine or new world wine...come to think of it maybe we just love wine!
Good ones are Penfolds and Lindemanns as well as Rosemount Estate or Oxford Landing.
Best wine deal at the moment is called Creston Bay Cabernet Shiraz available in LIDL for a standard price of £2.99!!!! Tastes MUCH better than it costs if you know what I mean.
Happy drinking...might go and have a glass or two of it now actually!
Old Oct 12th 2003, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

sam like me not fussy where wines are concerned as long as its about 11 or 12 per cent proof im a happy girl

arlene
Old Oct 12th 2003, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

hmm

wow 3 bottles whats that one to get ill on and 2 to clean the car engine ;-)

sorry can't agree on banrock stn tried it once and that was enough for me..

try tim adams-pretty solid stuff..

either the reisling or some of his sharaz reds 8-10 quid a go

for cheaper try wyndmans numbers 222,555 etc
safe bets

cheers

richard
Old Oct 12th 2003, 6:08 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

barramundi is pretty good - price depends on where you buy it (£3-£6) but can be downed like a pint of lager!!!!! not that I would EVER drink wine like that......pass me the bottle...

sue

ps hey richard - how was the fishing? (you did go fishing didnt you?)
Old Oct 12th 2003, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Think I am completly losing it now- I just noticed this thread after I had started my own one up about wine.
I have been drinking too much of the stuff
Old Oct 12th 2003, 6:26 pm
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point

arlene

Hardys stamp is my very bestest wine in the whole wide world!!! And I reckon Ive drunk enough of it during my life time to save a boob or two!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.