Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie washing machines question.

Aussie washing machines question.

Old Jan 30th 2005, 6:39 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Aussie washing machines question.

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
That sounds logical and deserves Karma. Now we need the theory tested by those Brits that have been filling the top loaders to the brim. We got rid of ours and now have a front loader
Tried and tested all different temperatures, all different load amounts and all different water ammounts in all 3 of my top loaders and they are all crap.

As soon as I win the lotto I am off to buy a load of front loaders. Even Aussie Hubby agrees that clothes just dont come out as clean in the top loaders
Old Jan 30th 2005, 6:47 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

From my experience, a German branded front-loader produces the best results in washing. Those toploaders in the US and over here just don't get the same results - even a third full. When I was in the US, I was told that people don't want to spend anything on a washing machine because they leave them behind when the house sells anyway - so the majority is not going to invest in a Miele or anything like that.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 6:48 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

hmmm - I think I'm going to start a washing machine poll

This way to my Washing Machine Poll

Last edited by mlbonner; Jan 30th 2005 at 6:53 am.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

what an intersting read, im coming over in the summer and was wondering do you think its worth me bringing my front loader with me or would i be better to just buy a new one once we get there,are they expensive to buy out there?

tracey.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 8:07 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by scissors
what an intersting read, im coming over in the summer and was wondering do you think its worth me bringing my front loader with me or would i be better to just buy a new one once we get there,are they expensive to buy out there?

tracey.

If you have a decent frontloader and you're bringing over a large amount of stuff anyway, I'd personally stick it in the container too!
Had trouble finding a website with prices on it, I think they vary state-to-state. You can request prices from this store though

Last edited by mlbonner; Jan 30th 2005 at 8:10 am.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for your reply,i think i ll bring it with me,i dont like what im hearing about top loaders,is it right though that a lot of electrical goods are in houses when you rent/buy them,not sure whether to bring my cooker as well its onlt 2yrs old.

tracey.
Originally Posted by mlbonner
If you have a decent frontloader and you're bringing over a large amount of stuff anyway, I'd personally stick it in the container too!
Had trouble finding a website with prices on it, I think they vary state-to-state. You can request prices from this store though
Old Jan 30th 2005, 8:18 am
part-time Visa Angel!

thanks for your reply,i think i ll bring it with me,i dont like what im hearing about top loaders,is it right though that a lot of electrical goods are in houses when you rent/buy them,not sure whether to bring my cooker as well its onlt 2yrs old.

tracey.
Can only speak from experience; the house I currently live in came with dishwasher and oven/hob. It actually didn't come with a washer though (plumbing for hot & cold was there) or a fridge/freezer.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

thanks mlbonner,im gonna need a bloody huge container the reate im going dont think we can bring the fridge freezer though can we
Where are you living,we re heading for brissy in the summer?

tracey.
Can only speak from experience; the house I currently live in came with dishwasher and oven/hob. It actually didn't come with a washer though (plumbing for hot & cold was there) or a fridge/freezer.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 8:32 am
part-time Visa Angel!

thanks mlbonner,im gonna need a bloody huge container the reate im going dont think we can bring the fridge freezer though can we
Where are you living,we re heading for brissy in the summer?

tracey.

Not sure about the fridge/freezer. They seem to be pretty standard over here though, and (assuming you don't have one already) you may find one that can be plumbed into the mains to give you continuous cold water/ice a benefit in the heat. This is of course top-of-the-range, but you get the idea

I'm in Bracken Ridge, Northside Brisbane. So, you'll be here for our winter then Let me know nearer the time when you're coming over and I'll be sure to let you know when the next Girlie night out is
Old Jan 30th 2005, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

hi,just looked up bracken ridge,getting my baring if you know what i mean we re heading for the gold coast to start with and we ll take a good look round from there,we wnat to look round bayside as well.
definately up for a girlie night out just try and stop me

tracey.
Not sure about the fridge/freezer. They seem to be pretty standard over here though, and (assuming you don't have one already) you may find one that can be plumbed into the mains to give you continuous cold water/ice a benefit in the heat. This is of course top-of-the-range, but you get the idea

I'm in Bracken Ridge, Northside Brisbane. So, you'll be here for our winter then Let me know nearer the time when you're coming over and I'll be sure to let you know when the next Girlie night out is