Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie television sucks

Aussie television sucks

Old Jun 10th 2003, 5:28 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough
Default Aussie television sucks

Please tell me that we can get satellite TV in Oz, we stayed with rellies last time we were out there and their television sucks or the progs we watched there did.
No I don't want to watch corrie or eastenders, but a good world news channel will be nice, perhaps some premiership football too.

Slater
Old Jun 10th 2003, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

karlos is an unknown quantity at this point

Check out:-

http://www.foxtel.com.au/home.jsp

or

http://www.austar.com.au/

or

http://www.auspaytv.com/home.htm

Regards
Karl.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 7:51 pm
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah you get more adverts on OZ TV. Foxtel is the most popular choice.
Old Jun 10th 2003, 7:59 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Aussie television sucks

Originally posted by Slater
Please tell me that we can get satellite TV in Oz, we stayed with rellies last time we were out there and their television sucks or the progs we watched there did.
No I don't want to watch corrie or eastenders, but a good world news channel will be nice, perhaps some premiership football too.

Slater

The other day I was a bit bored and mooching through the internet I found an oz expats site. On the forum was someone moaning about how dire UK TV was. I think they said they had even started watching Eastenders and Neighbours and where moaning that they wanted some quality programmes like Mcleods Daughters or Blue Heelers, and that they were spending a fortune at the video shop!

Paula
Old Jun 10th 2003, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Remember from when we were there seeing some English programmes like The Bill, Heartbeat and dramas (Spooks etc) and childrens stuff like Bob the Builder and Fimbles etc on free to air, along with the usual American like Friends, ER, Will & Grace etc etc

They also have their own versions of Who wants to be a millionaire, changing rooms, and things like that.

If you want pay tv, you can get Uktv for all those who will miss it! (+ upteen other channels much like sky)

have a browse at this http://tvguide.ninemsn.com.au/

Old Jun 10th 2003, 11:43 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Watt Dabney
The other day I was a bit bored and mooching through the internet I found an oz expats site. On the forum was someone moaning about how dire UK TV was. I think they said they had even started watching Eastenders and Neighbours and where moaning that they wanted some quality programmes like Mcleods Daughters or Blue Heelers, and that they were spending a fortune at the video shop!

Paula
You are laugh got any more good ones , Blue heelers not seen TV of that quality since 1960 on a par with Bill and Ben the Flower pot men.

Old Jun 10th 2003, 11:58 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by pommie bastard
You are laugh got any more good ones , Blue heelers not seen TV of that quality since 1960 on a par with Bill and Ben the Flower pot men.

i know it gave me a really good giggle too!

Paula