Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie sport or is IT?

Aussie sport or is IT?

Old Jul 15th 2003, 4:30 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aussie sport or is IT?

Another great day for Aussie sport a Russian tart wins a gold and shes now a Aussie , I've heard it all before.

RUSSIAN-BORN Irina Lashko won Australia's first diving gold medal today with victory on the one metre springboard at the World Swimming Championships in Barcelona.

Lashko, at 30 the oldest diver in the competition, burst into tears after unleashing a spectacular last dive to take gold in a dramatic day of diving.

"It is just like a little piece of magic dropped out of the sky and hit me on the head," the Melbourne-based diver said.

"It's an honour that I have won Australia's first gold medal. It is my home and I am very proud."

Her victory is the biggest result in Australian diving since Dick Eve won the plain high dive competition at the 1924 Paris Olympics.

http://www.thewest.com.au/20030715/s...sto105081.html

Old Jul 15th 2003, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

suzanne crabtre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aussie sport or is IT?

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Another great day for Aussie sport a Russian tart wins a gold and shes now a Aussie , I've heard it all before.

RUSSIAN-BORN Irina Lashko won Australia's first diving gold medal today with victory on the one metre springboard at the World Swimming Championships in Barcelona.

Lashko, at 30 the oldest diver in the competition, burst into tears after unleashing a spectacular last dive to take gold in a dramatic day of diving.

"It is just like a little piece of magic dropped out of the sky and hit me on the head," the Melbourne-based diver said.

"It's an honour that I have won Australia's first gold medal. It is my home and I am very proud."

Her victory is the biggest result in Australian diving since Dick Eve won the plain high dive competition at the 1924 Paris Olympics.

http://www.thewest.com.au/20030715/s...sto105081.html

Thanks for that PB really interesting post

Old Jul 15th 2003, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by suzanne crabtre

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm surely it isn't "Suzanne-I shall- never-post-on-this-board-again-Crabtree" ?????????

Nahhhhh couldn't be - she would never post anything so negative

Old Jul 15th 2003, 12:01 pm
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point

"Finally got back onto the site...............but would like to just say 'goodbye' to you all as we have had enough of the bickering.
Stupidly, I have got that wound up, not with the downfalls of moving to Australia, but the way certain people put things across to others on this site. "

Hi Suzanne

You seemed pretty keen to say bye-bye to this site, what changed your mind?!

Have noticed that you're posting a few Zzzzzzzzzzs on PB's posts.
Old Jul 15th 2003, 11:40 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

True but its big news here so get used to items on sport, sport and more sport its all they care about here .
Import east Europeans then harp on about some minor victory , if that bores you forget Australia its not for you.

Old Jul 16th 2003, 12:05 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

True but its big news here so get used to items on sport, sport and more sport its all they care about here .
Import east Europeans then harp on about some minor victory , if that bores you forget Australia its not for you.

When you have even a minor victory, I'll take to me harp.
Old Jul 16th 2003, 12:12 am
Banned

Originally posted by Megalania
When you have even a minor victory, I'll take to me harp.

Not from Russia me self you?

Old Jul 16th 2003, 12:26 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Not from Russia me self you?

Apparently you are wanted in the UK, good what a nation of loosers, or have you done something?
Old Jul 16th 2003, 1:16 am
Banned

Apparently you are wanted in the UK, good what a nation of loosers, or have you done something?

England seem to beat the Aussies with ease in the last 4 rugby tests lets not even go there on Australia's record on reaching Football World cups.
No right now the crown of losers fits well on Australias head , good job Brit firms own half this country or you would be in the shite.
Why or Why did not Captian Cook sail on?

Last edited by pommie bastard; Jul 16th 2003 at 1:19 am.
Old Jul 16th 2003, 2:22 am
Banned

England seem to beat the Aussies with ease in the last 4 rugby tests lets not even go there on Australia's record on reaching Football World cups.
No right now the crown of losers fits well on Australias head , good job Brit firms own half this country or you would be in the shite.
Why or Why did not Captian Cook sail on?

Why pin your hopes on someone elses games of ping pong or compare yourself to Capitain Coook. Your game needs a total re-vamp.
Old Jul 16th 2003, 2:35 am
Banned

Why pin your hopes on someone elses games of ping pong or compare yourself to Capitain Coook. Your game needs a total re-vamp.

No Australia does and it owes much to Captian Cook , on why did the good chap not get command of the Bounty , the world would have been a better place.

Old Jul 16th 2003, 2:40 am
Banned

No Australia does and it owes much to Captian Cook , on why did the good chap not get command of the Bounty , the world would have been a better place.

Just concentrate on getting back in one piece while the fools will still let you in.
Old Jul 16th 2003, 2:43 am
Banned

Just concentrate on getting back in one piece while the fools will still let you in.

No problem getting into Australia or for that mater do most , leaving is easy .
Old Jul 16th 2003, 2:58 am
Banned

No problem getting into Australia or for that mater do most , leaving is easy .
Thanks for the lesson, we'll be more careful with infected livestock in future.
Old Jul 16th 2003, 5:17 am
Banned

Thanks for the lesson, we'll be more careful with infected livestock in future.
You blood suckers will not have a Poms blood so why let us in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.