Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie music reccomendations

Aussie music reccomendations

Old Feb 3rd 2005, 8:40 pm
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light
Default Aussie music reccomendations

Hi, me and mrs bacon are of for a recce in Melbourne next week, can anyone reccomend any good aussie rock cds worth buying ?

I bought Frogstomp by Silverchair about 10 years ago and love that, is there any good bands worth listening too. am into Led Zep, The Who and ACDC

thanks
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 8:48 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aussie music reccomendations

Some of my favourites, and have to admit most of them are from the 80's, are;

Midnight Oil
Hunters & Collectors
Divinyls
Australian Crawl
Cold Chisel
Noiseworks
Diesel

I am sure there is more, but as I am waking up I cant think of them. Some of the ones I have listed might be a little "light" for you....but thought I would just start off your responses
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 8:51 pm
hch
Forum Regular

hch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to all
Cool Re: Aussie music reccomendations

undefined
Originally Posted by baconmaster
Hi, me and mrs bacon are of for a recce in Melbourne next week, can anyone reccomend any good aussie rock cds worth buying ?

I bought Frogstomp by Silverchair about 10 years ago and love that, is there any good bands worth listening too. am into Led Zep, The Who and ACDC

thanks
hi,
when i was there many years ago now,a good rock band were cold chisel,the lead singer was a guy called jimmy barnes well worth a listen,

hch.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

jodesmc will become famous soon enoughjodesmc will become famous soon enough

Jet, Powderfinger, The Vines, the Living End are a bit rockabilly/punk, but great, Spderbait, Cold Chisel are classic aussie 80's rock, as are Midnight Oil,
older music may be the easybeats from the 70's/60's(beyond my time, but friday on my mind is an anthem),
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 9:00 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

try grinspoon, or powderfinger, or spiderbait - although they went down in my opinion when they did a cover of black betty (((((

there's heaps really (though having a mental block).

try listening to triplej over the net and see who they play. between 8pm and 11pm uk time is good (the breakfast show) and between 11am and 1pm uk time is all australian music (home and hosed)
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Hi

Well......as far as I am concerned you need to get Back in Black, High Voltage and Highway To Hell by AC/DC for starters. Then get Stiff Upper Lip and For Those About To Rock..............you're in luck as these have all just been re-released on special digipaks. Razors Edge is another great AC/DC album.....Powerage, 74' Jailbreak, BallBreaker.....goes on

I have 6 AC/DC CDs in my car with another 3 ready to be loaded when the mood swings...........they are the greatest rock and roll band that sticks to what it is good at and doesn't stray off in to politics (like U2) or goes a bit poppy (like the Stones).

AC/DC are due to bring a new album out soon and a world tour we hope......and I hope I can pay whatever to go and see them. Get the live at Donnington DVD......2 hours of hard rock at its best.

People who saw the Stones in the UK on there last tour were treated to AC/DC as a warm up act and I heard that AC/DC were miles better.

The Who greatest hits came out recently so worth a listen.

Shoot to Thrill
Play To kill
Too Many Women
With Too Many Pills...............

Devoted AC/DC fan...........
Old Feb 4th 2005, 12:08 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Little Birdie
John Butler Trio
Snowman
Bank Holidays
The Panics
Hilltop Hoods
1200 techniques
Good Buddah
Waifs
Old Feb 4th 2005, 12:30 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Cant beat Noiseworks or The Music
Old Feb 4th 2005, 12:40 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sloake
Cant beat Noiseworks or The Music
Are you suggesting The Music are an Australian band?
Old Feb 4th 2005, 12:41 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Are you suggesting The Music are an Australian band?

Arent they? I saw them at the Big Day Out at Gold Coast, never heard of them before.. just assumed.. where are they from?
Old Feb 4th 2005, 12:44 am
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

That Sebastion geezer with the back-combed hairdoo !!
Old Feb 4th 2005, 12:50 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by sloake
Arent they? I saw them at the Big Day Out at Gold Coast, never heard of them before.. just assumed.. where are they from?
The North of England
Old Feb 4th 2005, 12:53 am
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by renth
The North of England
Leeds to be precise.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 12:54 am
chilled member

Originally Posted by MarkMyWords
Leeds to be precise.

Bl***dy Hell... they were great..and they are from Leeds ??? crickey...
Old Feb 4th 2005, 12:16 pm
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of

get down to Sanity & buy Powderfinger live double CD for $28........or buy it @ JB Hifi for $18, then go to KMart & buy Melbourne boys the Androids for $9, yeh $9!!!! & Paul Kelly, not hard core but oz to the core

if you are still here on the 12th go to StKilda Festival. 50 bands/7 stages,FREE!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.