Aussie movies.

Old May 8th 2003, 5:09 pm
Keelie

Default Aussie movies.

Having read Bill Bryson's best-seller on his travels through Australia... as well as other authors, I've started seeking out Aussie movies.

Last week-end we watched a recent film (on DVD) called 'RABBIT-PROOF FENCE' ..the true story of three Abo girls who were take from their mother to be 'educated' in a white settlement.
I'd recommend this movie to anyone who's interested in knowing more about the native people of Aust.
We're very impressed with the calibre of film coming out of Australia...the realism in some of these movies is at times, painful, the acting marvellous.
So good on you Nicole Kidman and Russel Crowe (N.Z) Anyone seen an Aussie movie that they'd recommend?
Keelie.

Old May 8th 2003, 5:26 pm
Badge

Default Re: Aussie movies.

Originally posted by Keelie
Having read Bill Bryson's best-seller on his travels through Australia... as well as other authors, I've started seeking out Aussie movies.

Last week-end we watched a recent film (on DVD) called 'RABBIT-PROOF FENCE' ..the true story of three Abo girls who were take from their mother to be 'educated' in a white settlement.
I'd recommend this movie to anyone who's interested in knowing more about the native people of Aust.
We're very impressed with the calibre of film coming out of Australia...the realism in some of these movies is at times, painful, the acting marvellous.
So good on you Nicole Kidman and Russel Crowe (N.Z) Anyone seen an Aussie movie that they'd recommend?
Keelie.
My favs

Australian Rules - very recent
The Dish - fairly recent - last few years

mid 90s films

The Castle
Muriel's Wedding my cousin starred in this movie

Gallipoli - old goldie
Strictly Ballroom

Old May 8th 2003, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that i wouldn`t mind watching that. Aussie films you`d be better asking an Australian but i have heard `The Dish` is supposed to be brill my other faves are `Priscilla Queen of the Desert` and the ultimate `Muriels Wedding` but they are my favorites very cheesy but good girlie films.

footie chick
Old May 8th 2003, 5:34 pm
Sydneysider and lovin it!

Dinky is on a distinguished road

Mad Max! Aussie as it should be! V8's and the fight for fuel.
Mel is suppoed to be doing another - Mad Max 4 beyound the Zimmer frame"

:PARTY:
Old May 8th 2003, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

wombat is an unknown quantity at this point

'Romper stomper' and 'Chopper'
Old May 8th 2003, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Can`t forget Crocodile Dundee movies!

footie chick
Old May 8th 2003, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

i'm with you wombat

got chopper on dvd and watched it several times...excellent film. true(ish) story too..

enjoyed MM1 but the rest were 'hollywood' shite..

for a NZ film get

'once were worriers'

cheers

richard
Old May 8th 2003, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond reputeVicky88 has a reputation beyond repute

I would definitely recommend The Castle. Is very good and I think very typically Australian. The Dish is also worth a watch.
Old May 8th 2003, 6:30 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Not seen the castle yet, but the dish was great and made by the sme people...

Has anyone seen that Steve Irwin film? I love his tv series.
Old May 8th 2003, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kids saw it said it was brill. Well they are kids after all.

footie chick
Old May 8th 2003, 7:11 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Hey dejavu!
everyone must see pricilla
muriels wedding
Gallipoli
But as for the dish, i fell asleep!
Old May 8th 2003, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

I knew you would reply to this thread again. You `Priscilla` fan you.

footie chick
Old May 8th 2003, 7:18 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

god, i know so predictable arn't !!!
hope your revision was all worth it FC. Did you get the dvd of "pricilla" yet?
Old May 8th 2003, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

On order and i got an A in the mock i did today so the revision is paying off.

footie chick
Old May 8th 2003, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Houdini at home is an unknown quantity at this point

For a very weird Aussie movie, try "Dogs In Space" starring a pre INXS Michael Hutchence. The soundtrack is good too if you're into strange 80's Aussie bands and Iggy Pop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.