Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

aussie equivalent of money saving expert website

aussie equivalent of money saving expert website

Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:55 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute
Default aussie equivalent of money saving expert website

Hi I hope everybody is well
As I am one of the fools taking my family to the other side of the world for a big real terms pay cut and a shocking exchange rate, I am going to have to nail the family budget to the floor and try and dig a life out of nothing again. Sooo, is there a Martin Lewis smith Aussie equivalent with an accompanying misers website and forum?

This is a serious question so I can have a scout around and save as much as possible early days so e can bring as little money over as possible given the derisory exchange rate

Thanks in advance for your replys

Last edited by rinkerdink; Feb 6th 2012 at 9:57 pm. Reason: crappy htc predictive text!
Old Feb 6th 2012, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

energysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond reputeenergysolutions has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aussie equivalent of money saving expert website

I totally understand the comment about the exchange rate and the fact it is currently unfavourable but I dont get the pay cut comment as virtually every job I have looked at appears more lucrative than the UK, unless you are factoring in the higher cost of living.......

I know what it costs to live in the UK and I know what I can expect to earn, In Oz my earning power roughly triples so unless the cost of living is 3 times higher than home I should be better off

Sorry but I dont know of any such "money saving" type websites
Old Feb 7th 2012, 4:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I can't help with the website either. Perhaps google can help.

Why would one come to Oz for a pay cut. Did someone lure a 'lifestyle is better' carrot?
Old Feb 7th 2012, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

NSWP will become famous soon enoughNSWP will become famous soon enough

Bad exchange rate, what ! You still get $1.50 for your £1.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NSWP
Where?? My post office sold at 1.32 this week!
Old Feb 7th 2012, 6:59 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Where?
Old Feb 7th 2012, 7:00 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
Hi I hope everybody is well
As I am one of the fools taking my family to the other side of the world for a big real terms pay cut and a shocking exchange rate, I am going to have to nail the family budget to the floor and try and dig a life out of nothing again. Sooo, is there a Martin Lewis smith Aussie equivalent with an accompanying misers website and forum?

This is a serious question so I can have a scout around and save as much as possible early days so e can bring as little money over as possible given the derisory exchange rate

Thanks in advance for your replys
I don't believe there is anything similar. Probably BE is your best bet. The internet hasn't really caught on in Australia.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

There's no compare the market type sites at all??

My friend is a web developer etc who moved to Oz last year. Sold his web hosting company in the UK for several millions (the git). Maybe I should get him to look at this path!! We could have the Meerkats in Oz!! Haha!!
Old Feb 7th 2012, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Brisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to behold

Don;t listen to the doom-sayers mate, it's all worth it. Good luck.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 7:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Gone are the days of one pound buying $2.85
Old Feb 7th 2012, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

http://au.pfinance.yahoo.com/our-experts/david-koch/
Old Feb 7th 2012, 8:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisneyland
Don;t listen to the doom-sayers mate, it's all worth it. Good luck.
Might be for you, it is for me. Doesn't mean it will be for someone else. Personally people should listen to all advice, including that from 'doom-sayers' .
Old Feb 7th 2012, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Brisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to beholdBrisneyland is a splendid one to behold

FFS, well obviously. I'm just trying to redress the balance a bit. It's getting a bit like Poms in oz around here. 10 negative posts to every positive one and then a reminder after a positive post that it's not like that for everyone.

RinkerDink, I think most people that made it work are too busy enjoying their life now to bother posting anything useful on a forum where they're outnumbered by these people.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 9:20 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisneyland
FFS, well obviously. I'm just trying to redress the balance a bit. It's getting a bit like Poms in oz around here. 10 negative posts to every positive one and then a reminder after a positive post that it's not like that for everyone.

RinkerDink, I think most people that made it work are too busy enjoying their life now to bother posting anything useful on a forum where they're outnumbered by these people.
Thanks, that realisation dawned on me some time ago. It does take a bit of sifting but there are always some good valuable responses, as a qualifier before the patronisation squad descend I do realise its not the land of milk and honey and do take on board the less positive posts but I take as large a pinch of salt with the good ones as the bad!

Thanks for the replys it seems The sifting on here may have to continue but its a shame because I love over investigating everything before I sign up to or buy anything, perhaps a less anal approach will be the order of the day down under.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
Thanks, that realisation dawned on me some time ago. It does take a bit of sifting but there are always some good valuable responses, as a qualifier before the patronisation squad descend I do realise its not the land of milk and honey and do take on board the less positive posts but I take as large a pinch of salt with the good ones as the bad!

Thanks for the replys it seems The sifting on here may have to continue but its a shame because I love over investigating everything before I sign up to or buy anything, perhaps a less anal approach will be the order of the day down under.
what is it you think Australia offers to make up for the large pay cut?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.