Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie entertainment

Aussie entertainment

Old Jul 7th 2004, 11:07 pm
kong

Default Aussie entertainment

Ever wondered what Aussie ladies do for fun in those lovely sprawling suburbs???

Well, the pubs are crap, the TV unwatchable, the rampant rabbit has flat batteries and you can only have a certain amount of BBQs before your arteries harden.

Solution

http://www.tupperware.com.au/dir063/...es/picnicparty

Bet the UK lady refugees cannot wait.

Old Jul 7th 2004, 11:12 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

My wife who hates these things keeps getting forced to go. She recently attended a tupperware party and has also been to a kids book party and a kids jigsaw party - she managed to wriggle out of the worst - an Enjo party (cleaning mitts to those who don't know)
Old Jul 7th 2004, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Aussie entertainment

Originally posted by kong
Ever wondered what Aussie ladies do for fun in those lovely sprawling suburbs???

This is what we do......SHOPPING!!

http://www.melbourneshoppingtours.com.au/
Old Jul 7th 2004, 11:20 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Aussie entertainment

Well, the pubs are crap, the TV unwatchable, the rampant rabbit has flat batteries and you can only have a certain amount of BBQs before your arteries harden.

Solution

http://www.tupperware.com.au/dir063/...es/picnicparty

Bet the UK lady refugees cannot wait.
Cucumber sandwich anyone?
Old Jul 7th 2004, 11:21 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

The suburbs in Perth that I visited all seemed to have a collection of shops, ie a chip shop, hairdressers, supermarket, liqour store etc etc.
They were generally busy places and an alternative to the big shopping malls.
I wondered why none of these small commercial places had pubs in them?
Old Jul 7th 2004, 11:24 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there an Anne Summers party equivalent? I am sure the rampant rabbit brigade are interested.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 11:27 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by pompeywill
The suburbs in Perth that I visited all seemed to have a collection of shops, ie a chip shop, hairdressers, supermarket, liqour store etc etc.
Who needs a pub when you have a grog shop?
Old Jul 7th 2004, 11:34 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

There is no pub culture in Oz in the way that it exists in the UK, you will find about one pub to every one or two suburbs here as opposed to one on every street corner.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 11:38 pm
kong

Originally posted by Megalania
Who needs a pub when you have a grog shop?
Depends on whether you wish to engage in conversation with different peoples I guess. What is that called?? Oh yes, socializing. If you enjoy drinking a slab of VB in front of Today Tonight or McCleods Daughters then I guess Oz is the way to go

Old Jul 7th 2004, 11:39 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Depends on whether you wish to engage in conversation with different peoples I guess. What is that called?? Oh yes, socializing. If you enjoy drinking a slab of VB in front of Today Tonight or McCleods Daughters then I guess Oz is the way to go
I see you as a Special Brew and Eastenders type.
Old Jul 7th 2004, 11:40 pm
kong

Originally posted by bondipom
I see you as a Special Brew and Eastenders type.
Sorry mate I believe that you may be thinking of the shysters on display here.

http://www.chavscum.co.uk/

Old Jul 7th 2004, 11:56 pm
Banned

Well I guess if no one else will talk to you, Pub goers are asking for it. Not a beer drinker so perhaps I'm missing the point of "McCleods Daughters".
Old Jul 8th 2004, 12:02 am
ABCDiamond

I much prefer to sit in the garden (just about 12 months a year here) with friends having a social drink, and of course when it's too hot, just move under the shaded patio.

I don't really like pubs myself these days, although some of the ones out here that have the outside childrens areas, with play equipment can be very good.

Old Jul 8th 2004, 9:25 am
kong

Most Perth residents cannot afford to drink in pubs on a regular basis, bottle shop beer is a fraction of what the pubs charge. Most go to the souless "leagues" or RSL clubs for cheapo beer and counter meals

Old Jul 8th 2004, 9:30 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Most Perth residents cannot afford to drink in pubs on a regular basis, bottle shop beer is a fraction of what the pubs charge. Most go to the souless "leagues" or RSL clubs for cheapo beer and counter meals
Well, no shit. That's precisely why you go to a club like an RSL; cheap beer and food. It's been set up that way for years. Mind you, there's clubs out there that do have a feel to them.

You go to the pub for other reasons.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.