Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie Double Glazing - Hevs

Aussie Double Glazing - Hevs

Old Jun 22nd 2005, 1:08 am
Badge

Default Aussie Double Glazing - Hevs

"Fit the best - fit Everest" remember this advert - late 80s?

Hevs can I come around and drop a feather down your window?
or, close it as a plane goes overhead?

badge

Old Jun 22nd 2005, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie Double Glazing - Hevs

Originally Posted by Badge

badge
You've really rubbed it in Badge... ah, the joy of gleaming UPVC frames, that reassurring clunk when you close the window, triple dead locks.... even the black plastic seals the cat scratched up.
Those were the days...

I still reckon it would be worthwhile shipping some over, just need to get an 'ouse first

BTW Does this mean Hevs is getting double glazing AND central heating ???
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Princess_atta has a spectacular aura aboutPrincess_atta has a spectacular aura aboutPrincess_atta has a spectacular aura about

You should try being married to my hubby - remember Anglian Windows in the UK? He fitted UPVC windows for them for 17 years and is now fitting the same for a company in Victoria.

Apparently it's up and coming here in Victoria and there's a serious market out there.

Can't wait to get my own house, it's the FIRST change we'll make!
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

jimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Princess_atta
You should try being married to my hubby - remember Anglian Windows in the UK? He fitted UPVC windows for them for 17 years and is now fitting the same for a company in Victoria.

Apparently it's up and coming here in Victoria and there's a serious market out there.

Can't wait to get my own house, it's the FIRST change we'll make!
That's my hubby's business at the moment. He worked for Prestige windows for years and years before starting up on his own. So there might be business over in sunny Melbourne for a double glazing installer?

MArgaret
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

Princess_atta has a spectacular aura aboutPrincess_atta has a spectacular aura aboutPrincess_atta has a spectacular aura about

Hi Margaret,

When are you coming over? His company is DESPERATE for new fitters - it's a small company and he's the only one who can do the job properly. Hurry up and they couldh ave a job ready and waiting - that's what happened to us.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 11:26 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, its on its way.

Badge anytime

Its been like going from the Arctic in my slippers to the Bahamas in my bathroom Remember that one??
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 1:18 am
Badge

Originally Posted by hevs
Yep, its on its way.

Badge anytime

Its been like going from the Arctic in my slippers to the Bahamas in my bathroom Remember that one??
I do recall a slipper story...

badge

Old Jun 23rd 2005, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

jimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant futurejimarg has a brilliant future

Hi Margaret,

When are you coming over? His company is DESPERATE for new fitters - it's a small company and he's the only one who can do the job properly. Hurry up and they couldh ave a job ready and waiting - that's what happened to us.
We are waiting on word. We have had medicals and police reports done. My sister is waiting patiently to do her bit at Centrelink. My hubby started his own business about 10 years ago. He built up a company called Gryffe Homeworld (he was operations director but still kept his hand in at installing) they are into conservatories in a big way here (Scotland) and in Feb this year he sold his share and started up again. If we get the visa he will leave the business to his partner.

Where is the company is it in Croydon?

MArgaret
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Hi Margaret,

The company he works for is currently in Dandenong but is shortly moving to Bayswater which is 10 mins from Croydon, hence he's perservering with the drive for another couple of weeks.

When we were applying for our visas we sent his cv with a covering letter to all the window companies in the online YP. We had varying replies but this company came back with a definate offer and held the position for about 6 months with no certain date of when he could start.

He is really enjoying the job as it's a small company and the people are friendly. He came from a massive company where he was just a fitter and wasn't respected in any way. Here they really do want the knowledge that comes with the years of experience he has. He's been trying to convince his brother to join us here as he does the same job in the UK but he's not interested at the mo. They've also asked my hubby to try and source his own 'mate' here as they just can't find anyone experienced.

PM me if you want the company details as I'm sure they would love to hear from you.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 10:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

teejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond reputeteejay66 has a reputation beyond repute

Very interesting thread, as we are looking to come over on my hubbies trade of flat glass tradesman ie double glazing man. ANyone on here can give us some info or contacts of companies that are looking for any type of skills from manufacturing to fitting to repairing just about anything. Over 20 years of experience.

He has worked for just about all of the major companies in the country from Zenith, ANglian, solaglas commercial.

He can fix anything and solve any problems. I have to say he is the best thing since sliced bread when it comes to solving problems.

look forward to hearing from you.
Old Jul 26th 2005, 11:01 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Margaret,

The company he works for is currently in Dandenong but is shortly moving to Bayswater which is 10 mins from Croydon, hence he's perservering with the drive for another couple of week.
Its not ART windows is it??
Old Aug 21st 2005, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hevs
Its not ART windows is it??

I think so I am waiting on further info. Do you know them? I was on holiday so sorry for the dealy in replying
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 9:44 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by jimarg
I think so I am waiting on further info. Do you know them?
They did my windows
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 10:03 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Badge

badge
Does double glazing keep the fierce heat of the summer sun out too?
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 10:22 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Does double glazing keep the fierce heat of the summer sun out too?
sure does. The gap between the glass keeps the hot air from entering the room as quickly.

see www.wers.com.au for all there is to know about windows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.