Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie dollar expected to hit 2.5 next week

Old May 18th 2006, 2:56 pm
Banned

2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future
Default Aussie dollar expected to hit 2.5 next week

Hi

The easing back in gold prices has hurt the Aussie and should continue to play a focal role in determining short term direction for the pair.

well nothing is for certain i suppose but I hope so!!

http://www.x-rates.com/d/AUD/GBP/graph120.html

I`m in the position where I have transfered half of our savings - and therefore I`m never going to be mad and my wife is never going to be happy!

I use Tranzfers (i`d love an ipod!

I also heard that one of my best mates has been picked for the Rugby tour to Oz in the Summer so he has a free ticket to come and stay for a few days!! Cool news and proud of him!

Last edited by 2foot; May 18th 2006 at 3:07 pm.
Old May 18th 2006, 3:21 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie dollar expected to hit 2.5 next week

that would be great!

we go to Aus (finally ) on 27th and will be transferring the money form the house sale too!!!!!!

Claire
x
Originally Posted by 2foot
Hi

The easing back in gold prices has hurt the Aussie and should continue to play a focal role in determining short term direction for the pair.

I`m in the position where I have transfered half of our savings - and therefore I`m never going to be mad and my wife is never going to be happy!

I also heard that one of my best mates has been picked for the Rugby tour to Oz in the Summer so he has a free ticket to come and stay for a few days!! Cool news and proud of him!
Old May 18th 2006, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Mandi-C will become famous soon enoughMandi-C will become famous soon enough

Is that the business rate or tourist rate?
What rate do you get if you're transferring money?

Mand

Hi

Old May 18th 2006, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Noone know whether it will hit $2.50 or not. Its all speculation.
I've hedged some of my cash by buying into Gold and other precious metals funds.
If these commodoties fall in price...then at least the AUD$ will strengthen.

If vice versa...well at least I'll pocked a profit from my investments.
Old May 18th 2006, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandi-C
Is that the business rate or tourist rate?
What rate do you get if you're transferring money?

Mand
Yesterday I was quoted 2.44 and the rate was somewhere around 2.46/7 that was with ozforex. Tourist rate was 2.35 ( the best one I found )
Old May 18th 2006, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Guzzler&Sas has a brilliant futureGuzzler&Sas has a brilliant futureGuzzler&Sas has a brilliant futureGuzzler&Sas has a brilliant futureGuzzler&Sas has a brilliant futureGuzzler&Sas has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
Noone know whether it will hit $2.50 or not. Its all speculation.
I've hedged some of my cash by buying into Gold and other precious metals funds.
If these commodoties fall in price...then at least the AUD$ will strengthen.

If vice versa...well at least I'll pocked a profit from my investments.
Are you sure the above statement is correct?
Why would the AUD$ strengthen on a fall in commodities?

Guzzler
Old May 18th 2006, 5:00 pm
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by touchingcloth

better stock up on the dutch gold tinnies then, thanks for the inside information
Old May 18th 2006, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

sinsbury family will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Guzzler&Sas
Are you sure the above statement is correct?
Why would the AUD$ strengthen on a fall in commodities?

Guzzler

I think he means that if commodities fall then the sterling/aud rate will rise.
Old May 18th 2006, 5:13 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Aussie dollar expected to hit 2.5 next week

Hi

Fantastic news!
Old May 18th 2006, 8:19 pm
Nothing is Free!

Location: Seacliff Park, Adelaide. Call in for a drink and a bbq if your passin'
Rachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of lightRachel & Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Fantastic news!
Im going to sell Rachel's engagement ring and do my bit for exchange rates
Dont tell her!!!
LOL
Paul
Old May 18th 2006, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
Yesterday I was quoted 2.44 and the rate was somewhere around 2.46/7 that was with ozforex. Tourist rate was 2.35 ( the best one I found )
At the moment travelex is 2.386. We changed some when it was at 2.379 so just watch I bet it goes up now
Old May 18th 2006, 11:11 pm
Extended Member

Big Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond repute

I'd better get my cash ready.

Can you also tell me what the following rates will be on Wednesday morning (Sydney time) next week:

STG - USD
CHF - USD
CAD - STG

Thanks! $$$$$$$

Big.
Old May 19th 2006, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sinsbury family
I think he means that if commodities fall then the sterling/aud rate will rise.

yeh..sorry guys....typing faster than my brain was working
Old May 19th 2006, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

We changed some the other day and got $2.44, and are really pleased as we onlt got $2.23 when we first came over. Mind you both times i have been over here before it was above $2.75.