Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

which aussie city would you recommend that i move to?

which aussie city would you recommend that i move to?

Old Dec 23rd 2007, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

sam260689 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default which aussie city would you recommend that i move to?

Hello everyone!

I am only at the uni stage in the UK at the moment, but when I have my degree I plan to migrate to Australia and get a job over there.

My degree will be in a construction related subject so I should have no problem being given permission to move over.

The only thing is I dont know which part of the country i should be looking at moving to.

I am hoping that just by saying that I will be a young lad of 23 or 24 when i move out is enough for some of you to think yes, this or that city suits young people because its lively blah blah...

So please recommend an area to me. So long as it is above 15 degrees 12 months of the year
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 7:26 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: which aussie city would you recommend that i move to?

Good Luck

Merry Xmas, cannot offer any constructive advice, other than get your head down, and work for what you want to achieve.

Ste
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 7:29 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam260689
Hello everyone!

I am only at the uni stage in the UK at the moment, but when I have my degree I plan to migrate to Australia and get a job over there.

My degree will be in a construction related subject so I should have no problem being given permission to move over.

The only thing is I dont know which part of the country i should be looking at moving to.

I am hoping that just by saying that I will be a young lad of 23 or 24 when i move out is enough for some of you to think yes, this or that city suits young people because its lively blah blah...

So please recommend an area to me. So long as it is above 15 degrees 12 months of the year
Mate..what i would give to be in your shoes..try all the cities
Old Dec 23rd 2007, 10:50 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone!

How do you plan to get permission to move over here? Have you had a positive skills assessment? Have you looked at licencing requirements for your trade? Are you thinking permanent or temporary visa?

There's a lot more to coming to Australia than just finishing uni and saying you want to move here.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Townsville
Cairns
Darwin

WW
Old Dec 24th 2007, 8:25 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone!

Don't move to Perth, it's a load of wank.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I agree
Old Dec 24th 2007, 9:39 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

I knew we'd get to you in the end C !!!!!!
Old Dec 24th 2007, 9:43 am
Account Closed

Machiavelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone!

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Originally Posted by Dorothy
How do you plan to get permission to move over here? Have you had a positive skills assessment? Have you looked at licencing requirements for your trade? Are you thinking permanent or temporary visa?

There's a lot more to coming to Australia than just finishing uni and saying you want to move here.

Why don't you finish your degree, get a young person's visa, sorry don't know what it's called, but it allows you to come here for a year, and can be extended to two years if you work in "farming" (can somebody help me here?). Then you can visit any cities you want, finances permitting of course, and that will give you an idea of the feel for each place, but the feel will be relative to your being a traveller, much different to actually living in a place full time. It would appear that many people who come out with Permanent Resident's visas choose one place to settle and then either move on or move back to the UK.

I don't think you'll find anyone on the site who will tell you where you should live. It depends what you are looking for.

Dorothy is right, you can't just decide to live here. You have to have a certain amount of experience in actually doing the job your degree will qualify you to do.

I'm sure others will follow me with better advice. We all came out on differing visas. Just don't make the mistake of thinking it's a piece of cake to do, you'll be setting yourself up for a bad fall.

Years ago, a friend's daughter chose a work placement in Australia as part of her degree course in engineering. Maybe that sort of thing would fast track you. You have a lot of research to do!

Best of Luck to you,

M

Last edited by Machiavelli; Dec 24th 2007 at 9:45 am.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

whats wrong with it?

Its between there and qld for me,w.a. better for me in my line of work as compared to qld,but been told does not matter where i go there will be companies who will employ me from all over if they cant get any guys.

What would most people pick? A place with plenty of work with different types of work in what i do as in mines,offshore,workshop but maybe not like where they live so much,or head to somewhere they like living but not so much work or have to travel out of qld and maybe to w.a. to work.

In my head i want to go qld,but for work my head says best go w.a.

what did others go for work reasons or just the place they prefered?
Old Dec 24th 2007, 11:20 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian.w
whats wrong with it?

Its between there and qld for me,w.a. better for me in my line of work as compared to qld,but been told does not matter where i go there will be companies who will employ me from all over if they cant get any guys.

What would most people pick? A place with plenty of work with different types of work in what i do as in mines,offshore,workshop but maybe not like where they live so much,or head to somewhere they like living but not so much work or have to travel out of qld and maybe to w.a. to work.

In my head i want to go qld,but for work my head says best go w.a.

what did others go for work reasons or just the place they prefered?
go with your head, QLD will be much better
Old Dec 24th 2007, 11:23 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

C...you unfaithful person you

Happy Christmas, hope you got the A/C sorted.
Old Dec 24th 2007, 4:36 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

crackin' post NB

Lee
Old Dec 24th 2007, 6:53 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

and relating to your other thread/question

Go gorge yourself
Old Dec 24th 2007, 8:27 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Amen to that Brudda!!!!

Hell, if I was 23 and single I would be certainly not be restricting myself to 1 city!!

Get out there and try em all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.