Aussie Chocolate.. yuk!

Wikiposts

Aussie Chocolate.. yuk!

Old Sep 3rd 2009, 11:40 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Aussie Chocolate.. yuk!

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Yep. I've seen it in supermarkets as well.
My Coles and Woolies stock 3 different ones along with loads of the Swiss stuff
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kporte
I bet Aussies have the same reaction to UK Cadburys
They do. I was asking someone who works for Cadburys if they ever had the Whisper bar here. He said that they imported some from the UK as a trial but the locals didn't like the taste so they decided not to make them here. He was the one who told me that UK Cadbury is made from soured milk whilst the Aussie stuff is made from fresh milk.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 12:05 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Green and Blacks is available in Australia isn't it ?

Coles had them for $1.99 a 100gm block not long back.
The poster is in the UK, ABCD. The website is not very user-friendly but I would think it's sold in the UK. There's a UKonline shop on the website, anyway.

Bit of a G&B addict myself.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 12:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Seasider
The poster is in the UK, ABCD. The website is not very user-friendly but I would think it's sold in the UK. There's a UKonline shop on the website, anyway.

Bit of a G&B addict myself.
Can get it most places in the UK....
Old Sep 4th 2009, 12:10 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Can get it most places in the UK....
Oh good. I'm off there in the morning.

Early morning. Bugger, really must pack.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

Zenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to all

Woohoo! I will be a happy girl if Green and Blacks really is readily available at the supermarkets. Makes the move back home to Perth even sweeter.

Now just have to figure out how to get some of my other favourite UK foods into Australia. Although at the end of the day they are usually all the "treat" type items and I suppose you just learn to live without them if you can't get them. Much like I did when I moved to the UK, I remember making regular trips to the Australia store in London and spent a fortune on twisties, cherry ripes, samboys chips etc. Gradually I weaned myself off them and now I have to do the same for the UK stuff I have grown to love.

Does anyone know if they will let me bring PG tips into Oz? I have become rather fussy of tea since living in the UK.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 12:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Zenshin
Woohoo! I will be a happy girl if Green and Blacks really is readily available at the supermarkets. Makes the move back home to Perth even sweeter.

Now just have to figure out how to get some of my other favourite UK foods into Australia. Although at the end of the day they are usually all the "treat" type items and I suppose you just learn to live without them if you can't get them. Much like I did when I moved to the UK, I remember making regular trips to the Australia store in London and spent a fortune on twisties, cherry ripes, samboys chips etc. Gradually I weaned myself off them and now I have to do the same for the UK stuff I have grown to love.

Does anyone know if they will let me bring PG tips into Oz? I have become rather fussy of tea since living in the UK.
If you want to bring tea in then you might want to wrap it in some illegal drugs to cover the smell.

As an ex-PG Tips drinker I can recommend Dilmah extra strong (square bags for preference).
Old Sep 4th 2009, 12:20 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

PG Tips? Fussy?

They sell Yorkshire Tea in DJs....the Dilmah Extra Strong will also hit the spot though.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

Zenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to all

Yeah fussy as in I only like PG tips.
I have tried the Dilmah extra strong when I was last in Perth and unfortunately it just did not taste right. Maybe my taste is a little unusual?
Old Sep 4th 2009, 12:51 am
Account Closed

Yeah fussy as in I only like PG tips.
I have tried the Dilmah extra strong when I was last in Perth and unfortunately it just did not taste right. Maybe my taste is a little unusual?
Different people - different tastes.

I've never understood this Yorkshire Tea thing people have. I won a box of Tetley Tea a couple of years ago and I still can't bring myself to use it.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 1:07 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I've never understood this Yorkshire Tea thing people have. I won a box of Tetley Tea a couple of years ago and I still can't bring myself to use it.
I never looked back after I was introduced to Yorkshire.

And then I went on to convert several others, mostly from Tetley - which really shouldn't be mentioned in the same post! Ew.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 1:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bcworld
I never looked back after I was introduced to Yorkshire.

And then I went on to convert several others, mostly from Tetley - which really shouldn't be mentioned in the same post! Ew.
They really grow Tea in Yorkshire?
Old Sep 4th 2009, 1:43 am
Account Closed

Tooterelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Gold and Black is available in Coles and Woolies in Brisbane (although sadly they don't have the almond one) along with Cote D'or & Lindt - so it's not all bad about Ozzie supermarkets.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 1:46 am
Account Closed

Tooterelli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bcworld
LOL.....do they sell rowies as well?

I shudder to think of the fat I've eaten from Aitken's butteries when I was in my 20s - but they were the best!
Old Sep 4th 2009, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Green & Blacks (owned by Cadbury, Made in Italy) is available in Coles and IGA etc.

Lindt is readily available everywhere and seems to have a range rivalling Cadbury now - also seem to be cheap too and they often have specials. But even their chocolate can taste different depending on where it is made with the French stuff being the best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.