Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie Beers in the UK

Aussie Beers in the UK

Old Jan 25th 2007, 10:13 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie Beers in the UK

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I shall never forget when my Ozzie friend produced some Hahn to take to 232Bar and annqldau's BBQ - It was 2% proof FFS!!!

I made shandy with it for a laugh..... (oh and so I could drive home)

Buzzy
Yeah the Hahn Premium Light tastes nice enough but it's a bit weak. Good when you fancy a beer but have to drive home. Cascade is better for me.

I've been converted to the Toohey's Extra Dry (TED ) Platinum lately.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

I have been drinking Crown today not too bad but very overpriced.

I only got it because the local bottle shop had it for $39.00 a slab.

Last night was a real big one one Carlton draught, a crowd of us played cards round my BIL and he got a barrel of the stuff for $170.00 I think it had 80 pints in it, now that is value for money.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 9:21 am
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of

There is no better beer than Australian beer.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/aust...594477151.html

I'll drink to that - heads up
Old Jan 26th 2007, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

$50 for 24 bottles of TED platinum.

A bit dear but it's bloody lovely and if you're anything like me three's enough

I'll drink anything anyway (except coopers, don't like that!! even though I share it's name), I'm not fussed.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy

I'll drink anything anyway (except coopers, don't like that!! even though I share it's name), I'm not fussed.
I knew a Wendy Cooper..once

Current tipples: in no particular order:

i) Toohey's Extra Dry - haven't come across the Platinum yet - used to buy that by the carton when I lived in NSW.
ii) Coopers - er the Green one is my fav. This beer has really got me!
iii) Carlton Cold is a sort of 'will do' beer.
iv) any boutique beer

I do drink VB if it is offered - infact most Aussie beers if offered - I don't have one I would turn down - apart from Ice which a mate bought - we're still slowly getting through the carton - every time I visit. But we'll get through it and then I'll ask him not to buy it again.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 11:02 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy

I finished off the last of the TEDs from the weekend before last earlier on, then started on the frozen margheritas. Now we're out of tequila too Luckily there's plenty more behind the bar at the Moore Inn
Old Jan 26th 2007, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

I just bought some Coopers red from Waitrose - they didn't have green.