Aussie Beer ?

Old Jul 27th 2004, 4:41 pm
Version 3.3.0

Prototype is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Aussie Beer ?

Right lads....

What is your favourite Aussie Beer ? and why ?

For the record mine has got to be a good old, ice cold VB.

Why? Because Victoria Bitter has a unique strong taste that hits the spot on hot day

I'll be interested in hearing what you other pommie blokes like to drink down under when your partying :PARTY:

O'yeah and we should NOT forget the ladies

Sheila's, what's your current favourite sherry at the moment ?
Old Jul 27th 2004, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie Beer ?

Originally posted by Prototype
Right lads....

Why? Because Victoria Bitter has a unique strong taste that hits the spot on hot day

I'll be interested in hearing what you other pommie blokes like to drink down under when your partying :PARTY:

While I was over there I loved the Hahn ice, picked up a few of these on the bottlo drive thru
Old Jul 27th 2004, 6:05 pm
Go Banana's !!

Right lads....

Hi, I really liked the Redback Lite made in Freemantle when I was there but Crown Lite was also pretty good. As I used to work for a brewery in the UK I am quite critical and although I love Real Ale these were ok. VB is also a bit different. In no way would I say the beer in Oz is crap as some have said. Just different and just one of the many things you will have to get used to.

Best wishes

Warren
Perth and now Essex....which one would you choose ?

Old Jul 27th 2004, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Marakai is a jewel in the roughMarakai is a jewel in the roughMarakai is a jewel in the roughMarakai is a jewel in the roughMarakai is a jewel in the rough

Redback and Boag's Strongarm Ale
Old Jul 27th 2004, 6:24 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I like the VB to but also partial to the Bundy OPs.
Old Jul 27th 2004, 7:04 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

"Looks like we've over-done it with the sherry"
Old Jul 27th 2004, 7:57 pm
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough

I'm afraid i'm a XXXX gold person however on the right day i love a "thirsty dog" !!!!!
Old Jul 27th 2004, 8:32 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice

It's got to be Crown Lager!!!

Cheers

Old Jul 27th 2004, 9:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

When we were in Brisbane last year we spent a night on South bank and ended up in The Plough pub. There was a kareoke going on - great atmosphere!!

We got very pissed on good old VB that night and crawled back over the bridge to our hotel - great crack
Old Jul 27th 2004, 9:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Cascade Premium, fabulous stuff!!

Mercury Dry Cider isn't bad - though nothing like Real cider and theres a bitter called Tasman you can get up here, which verges on being proper beer.
Old Jul 27th 2004, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure yet!! Will let you know when i have tried a few...

footie x

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I drank bitter or Guinness in the U.K and rarely touched lager so the beer came as quite a shock to me. Tried loads and loads of different brands
The results of my conscientious study were,

V.B awful taste, akin to drinking battery acid. 0/10

XXXX Bitter not to bad 4/10

XXXX Gold No way I reckon this ones only bottled after being filtered through human kidneys. 1/10

Tooheys Old not a bad drop close second to the Guinness they serve here. 8/10

Carlton Midflow sorry Midstrengh Ok for drinking in the daytime best of a bad bunch 7/10

Tooheys New not bad you can actually taste the beer 6/10

Tooheys Extra Dry I like this one a lot 9/10

Crown Lager Very nice but not good value for money 8/10

Guinness Excellent drop of stuff available worldwide 11/10 ok so it's not Australian who cares

I conclude that beer here is served so cold that most brands are indistinguishable from one another unless they are very good or very bad. VB is very bad and Tooheys extra dry very good.
Forum Regular

John Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant future

Tooheys Extra Dry
Old Jul 27th 2004, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Any suggestions from you seasoned drinkers??

I love Budweiser and also Med beers like Sol & San miguel ( not a huge lager drinker much prefer wine) other half likes Stella.

What can we try in Oz in the next few weeks??

footie xxx
Old Jul 27th 2004, 10:00 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

VB New XXXX processed and sweet tasting.

In Sydney there is the Malt Shovel Brewery which produces the James Squire beers. The amber Ale is the only one available on tap and is excellent in summer. I've tried the IPA and porterhouse and both are excellent.

Boags, Cascade, Coopers and Tooheys Old are the others I am quite partial to too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.