Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Aussie beaches :)

Aussie beaches :)

Old Sep 9th 2005, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Aussie beaches :)

i am in Canada and i am soooo missing the australia beach..the east coast line to be exact......

i've been wondering...how people feel when they first see the beach...??? take a swim...etc...i hear it is very different to the UK beaches etc..also..being here in Canada ..i know the beaches back home are very different to what they call a beach here (lakeshore).

My step kids will be seeing their first aussie beach next year..and are driving me nutzz asking me what is it like...? what does it taste like...LOL..they have never been in *surf*......

is it different for you...?
Old Sep 9th 2005, 7:05 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie beaches :)

I love the beach and nothing could have prepared me for the beauty of Australian beaches. I'm a fair-weather surfer over here but Fistral has nothing on Seven Mile Beach or Werri near where we're moving to. Quite often I like just ducking under the breakers as they roll on - lie on your back and look up and you see this amazing wash of water. Can't bloody wait to end the day with a nice surf.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hutch
I love the beach and nothing could have prepared me for the beauty of Australian beaches. I'm a fair-weather surfer over here but Fistral has nothing on Seven Mile Beach or Werri near where we're moving to. Quite often I like just ducking under the breakers as they roll on - lie on your back and look up and you see this amazing wash of water. Can't bloody wait to end the day with a nice surf.
one of the most amazing experiences i have ever had...was one late afternoon...mid north east coast of Oz....my cousin and i were out on our surfboards....and suddenly.....the sand below started moving....when we adjusted our vision..we saw the most beautiful sight.
a school of ..sting rays...swimming under us.....i will never forget it..they glided as tho floating on a cloud....very graceful........100's of them

and to watch the dawn break across the ocean...ahhhhhhhhhhh such a sight..cannot wait to see that again..
Old Sep 9th 2005, 7:19 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Hehe - that sounds amazing. Closest I've come to that in the UK is having a seal pop up about 20feet away from me. Scared the living shit out of me if I'm being honest. And let's not discuss the less-palatable items that have also popped up near me on British beaches.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hutch
Hehe - that sounds amazing. Closest I've come to that in the UK is having a seal pop up about 20feet away from me. Scared the living shit out of me if I'm being honest. And let's not discuss the less-palatable items that have also popped up near me on British beaches.
ahhh i so relate...to see something moving in the water... is it a shark...?????????????

also...wait till you see the Whales migrating North...usualy can start seeing them June ..through till October..along the east coast.~~is awesome...!!

there are strict laws etc about how close one can get to them....i have only ever seen them from land..haven't had the pleasure of being out a ways when they go by.....
Old Sep 9th 2005, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

lots of chatter from one person hey Hutch
Old Sep 11th 2005, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

When I was over in Manly in July, some dolphins appeared by the beach and took to the waves with the surfers.....what a fantastic sight. Unfortunately I wasnt in the water with them at the time - but maybe next time

SS
Old Sep 11th 2005, 10:26 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maple Leaf
i am in Canada and i am soooo missing the australia beach..the east coast line to be exact......

i've been wondering...how people feel when they first see the beach...??? take a swim...etc...i hear it is very different to the UK beaches etc..also..being here in Canada ..i know the beaches back home are very different to what they call a beach here (lakeshore).

My step kids will be seeing their first aussie beach next year..and are driving me nutzz asking me what is it like...? what does it taste like...LOL..they have never been in *surf*......

is it different for you...?
SAY NO MORE
Old Sep 11th 2005, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
SAY NO MORE
*shoes are optional*..

.i realy like that...will adopt it as my aussie mantra...

i used to live about 30mins drive from Noosa Beach....Lovely~ huh!
Old Sep 11th 2005, 3:44 pm
New South Welshie

<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold<")))>< is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
When I was over in Manly in July, some dolphins appeared by the beach and took to the waves with the surfers.....what a fantastic sight. Unfortunately I wasnt in the water with them at the time - but maybe next time

SS
We were in Jervis Bay in February, paddling in the clear water off the brilliant white sand...when this little lot swam past.
Attached Thumbnails Aussie beaches :)-p1010082.jpg  
Old Sep 11th 2005, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

I love the fact that aussie beaches have so much space and so few people...
Old Sep 12th 2005, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by pako
I love the fact that aussie beaches have so much space and so few people...

very true!!...i go to the the beach(lakeshore) here..and there is people everywhere....cannot swat a fly cos i might hit someone.. .LOL..i'm always saying to the kids geeez..there is a lot of people in Canada.
But i must say these lakes here are beautiful.....
Old Sep 12th 2005, 3:33 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a pic I took at a local Perth Beach...
Steve
Attached Thumbnails Aussie beaches :)-270605b.jpg  
Old Sep 12th 2005, 3:44 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve99
Steve
Nice one, Steve. Really conveys the clarity of the water.

That struck me when we were in Fremantle back in May...how crystal clear that water is. I got some shots of the surf almost at sunset and the sun shining through the water as if it were glass was an amazing sight.

Sue
Old Sep 12th 2005, 3:44 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve99
Steve
Nice one, Steve. Really conveys the clarity of the water.

That struck me when we were in Fremantle back in May...how crystal clear that water is. I got some shots of the surf almost at sunset and the sun shining through the water as if it were glass was an amazing sight.

Sue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.