aus vs eu.

Old Aug 18th 2010, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

Andy pandy 67 is just really niceAndy pandy 67 is just really niceAndy pandy 67 is just really niceAndy pandy 67 is just really niceAndy pandy 67 is just really niceAndy pandy 67 is just really niceAndy pandy 67 is just really niceAndy pandy 67 is just really nice
Default aus vs eu.

As an English man who has spent some of his time on the wrong side of the law. (just got back a Basic disclosure showing clear as my offences are over 10 yrs old) why can I emmergrate to an EU country with little or no hassle .However I cannot go to Aus or N/Z which is still part of my countrys commonwealth like scotland,ireland,wales,gabraltor ,Falklands ,ETC
Old Aug 18th 2010, 4:07 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: aus vs eu.

Originally Posted by Andy pandy 67
As an English man who has spent some of his time on the wrong side of the law. (just got back a Basic disclosure showing clear as my offences are over 10 yrs old) why can I emmergrate to an EU country with little or no hassle .However I cannot go to Aus or N/Z which is still part of my countrys commonwealth like scotland,ireland,wales,gabraltor ,Falklands ,ETC
How do you know that you cannot emigrate to Aus or New Zealand? Posession of a criminal record does not automatically mean that you would be turned down, certainly in the case of Australia.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Andy pandy 67 is just really niceAndy pandy 67 is just really niceAndy pandy 67 is just really niceAndy pandy 67 is just really niceAndy pandy 67 is just really niceAndy pandy 67 is just really niceAndy pandy 67 is just really niceAndy pandy 67 is just really nice

I spoke to an agency who said as I cannot demonstate good charactor Id be unable to process an application and would be wasting my money trying .
Old Aug 18th 2010, 4:39 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I spoke to an agency who said as I cannot demonstate good charactor Id be unable to process an application and would be wasting my money trying .
Have a read of this - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/character-requirements/ especially the link to "Fact Sheet 79".
It depends on what your offences were, what sentences you were given, and how long ago. Did the agency you spoke to know all the details of your conviction history, as its quite unusual to have a substantial record which is old enough to be entirely spent, yet serious enough to bar you instantly from emigrating to Aus? And was it just general advice or did it actually come from a registered migration agent?
Old Aug 18th 2010, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

That'll be your reason then.

As you are already a citizen of the EU, they can't discriminate. You have free access to all areas in the EU.

Other countries can be selective. If you have the choice of who to let in, why wouldn't you filter out the undesirables?

You might be reformed now, but why would they take the risk if they don't need to?

which is still part of my countrys commonwealth
And it's not a part of YOUR COUNTRIES commonwelth. Your country is a part of THE commonwealth.

Last edited by Bibbs; Aug 18th 2010 at 6:28 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

I could'nt agree more with what you say in this listing and to be honest NO I guess i wouldnt give a chance out either as you say they dont know me or the people I know . Thanks for the honest answer its refreshing really .Andy

Originally Posted by Bibbs
That'll be your reason then.

As you are already a citizen of the EU, they can't discriminate. You have free access to all areas in the EU.

Other countries can be selective. If you have the choice of who to let in, why wouldn't you filter out the undesirables?

You might be reformed now, but why would they take the risk if they don't need to?

And it's not a part of YOUR COUNTRIES commonwelth. Your country is a part of THE commonwealth.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 1:45 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, British Overseas Territories can (and do) impose immigration control on British citizens.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

I could'nt agree more with what you say in this listing and to be honest NO I guess i wouldnt give a chance out either as you say they dont know me or the people I know . Thanks for the honest answer its refreshing really .Andy
But you are allowed in the EU without discrimination. Have you thought about moving within Europe? Or even in the UK?

What are your aims for moving?
Old Aug 19th 2010, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you have just spoken to a lazy rubbish agency there. Have a read through all the immigration stuff yourself, figure out which way to apply would be best for you and then simply fill out the applications yourself. Thats what I did.
You dont need an agency, it just takes a bit longer to work it all out on your own but its certainly cheaper. Give it a shot
Old Aug 19th 2010, 1:29 pm
Home and Happy

Did you read through the DIAC information I linked to above? They actually DO give the majority of applicants a chance.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Did you read through the DIAC information I linked to above? They actually DO give the majority of applicants a chance.
Had a look and i have 2 term prison sentances , 1 st june 1996 to feb 97 for causing death by dangerous drive, released feb 97, 2nd was handling stolen goods feb2000 to aug 2000 , Im told under rehabilitation of offenders act as 10 years has elapsed with no other convictions thses are classed as a spent offence. However reading the link im doubtful id be granted a visa. Andy
Old Aug 19th 2010, 10:33 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Had a look and i have 2 term prison sentances , 1 st june 1996 to feb 97 for causing death by dangerous drive, released feb 97, 2nd was handling stolen goods feb2000 to aug 2000 , Im told under rehabilitation of offenders act as 10 years has elapsed with no other convictions thses are classed as a spent offence. However reading the link im doubtful id be granted a visa. Andy
Convictions are never spent for migration purposes. However, as has been said by more than one poster it's very unlikely that your visa application would automatically be turned down based on your record. DIAC would likely give you an opportunity to explain and show you are now rehabilitated.

Try speaking to a different agent such as George Lombard in Sydney. His contact information is available by either google or looking on here at the members' list.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 10:40 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: aus vs eu.

Commonwealth membership is irrelevant to immigration policy. There's no such thing as a "Commonwealth passport", whereas there is such a thing as an EU passport.

Viva la difference.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Mozambique is part of the Commonwealth too, why not give them a try?
Old Aug 20th 2010, 12:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by James516
Mozambique is part of the Commonwealth too, why not give them a try?
what and walk round with an AK47 sorry not my thing now or ever, However thanks for thinking about me .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.